Postings by Drake

GO!

(Page 1 of 78: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Collapsing trachea tips
Drake

What dont kill- you only makes- you strong

Barked: Fri May 31, '13 6:38pm PST 
Ugg the heat here has caused poor drake to hack like a pack a day smoker. Any holistic tips for helping him out? Me and his vet are at a loss nothing seems to be working
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Drake, May 31 6:38 pm

Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)
Drake

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 12:49pm PST 
Be very careful with the dips. I had a rescue pitbull puppy with demodex that was treated with the dips and died of liver failure due to the dips. My vet failed to tell me this can happen until my dog passed out and went into a coma. My current vet says the dips are very dangerous and refuses to use them.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Confused adn new to this service dog help

Drake

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 6:48pm PST 
I know service dogs do not have to be registered but would like to know what companies people recommend for vests and tags. Recently recommended to me by my doctor to use my basset mix as a help for my anxiety and fibromyalgia due to the fact she is very laid back and perfectly trained. I'm just so confused trying to figure out all the information. Some places on line say that the tag and vest companies are a scam some say you have to have a trained dog. help Drake is not the dog Id be using gypsy is not on here just yet
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Jan 27 6:25 pm

Dog Health > Drakes bronchitus is back help

Drake

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '11 6:34pm PST 
If you've seen drakes diary the bronchitis has been a chronic issue his whole life. He had been chained as a young pup nearly starved then caught kennel cough at the pound. Due to that his lungs and trachea area is covered in scar tissue. The vet is small and would have us go to a larger vet to have the swab done they will only do it with him knocked out. Hes on a high grade kibble and home cooked. Hes very well cared for. The bronchitis over the years has stuck around longer and longer usually during the winter. This time it started mid summer due to a cold wet snap here. he has not been able to fight it off since. He also had pneumonia but that has since passed. Hes on baytrill.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Adam, Oct 14 8:36 am

Dog Health > Drakes bronchitus is back help

Drake

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '11 8:59am PST 
I need opinions on whether or not I should keep trying with drake. He has had bronchitis for the past four months, non stop hacking, coughing up green goo. This is now his third round of meds. We have tried numerous and this is me and the vets last attempt. The vet was thinking of knocking drake out and doing a throat swab but hes 11 and breathing is hard so would this be a good idea, we also are very limited on funds and really cant afford it. We have already spent around 600. I love drake dearly but this is getting hard on him and me. most the time the bronc goes away no problem. This time its not budging no matter what we do. Help suggestions greatly appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Adam, Oct 14 8:36 am

Dog Health > Still Coughing uggg
Drake

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 11:27pm PST 
Drake has been coughing for just about three months now. He has just finished up his second round of doxy forgot how to spell it. Hes still coughing up green goop and has breath that could knock you flat. After xrays and lots of poking and prodding my vet says its a lung infection. I feel bad for the ol fart hes almost constantly coughing and lately much prefers to sleep instead of being up and around. He goes back in once I get payed the 28th. Should we do another round of antibiotics?? My vets thinking that a nebulizer with antibiotics may work better just a matter of finding a nebulizer. Help tips, recommendations anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Paris, Jan 17 6:19 am

Dog Health > Nebulizer help

Drake

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 9:38pm PST 
shrug Ok help needed on how to go about using a nebulizer on drake. I will get full instructions probably later this week from the vet but want to know what to buy and what to expect. Drakes vet thinks it wise to start nebulizing drake every other day which would be cost out the wazzo at the vet so they recommend I buy one ok that's easy now what one do I buy so many choices on amazon and what mask? I get drakes results from the tests tomorrow to tell us what may be causing his coughing cross your paws and hope it don't come out congestive heart failure. Any tips help greatly appreciatedsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leah, CGC, Nov 16 8:36 am

Behavior & Training > Living with two pitbulls help

Drake

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 11:47am PST 
Ok my recent student decided it would be a bright idea to bring a female pitbull into there home one month ago they already have a male pitty that they have owned since he was a pup. They have recently started having issues toy aggresion food agression and the male is possesive of the tv room and wont allow the female in. Ive also notcied when there on leash together they feed off each other and can get crazy over other dogs but seprate there fine. They only have the female in class and shes doing great plays with a tiny poodle no problem and listens well. Any tips i can give these guys on the home issues. I recomended keeping them seprate when no ones home and watching them when they have toys and treats. Separate if they start showing any signs of aggression. Ive only been at this a year professionaly so help
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jewel, PCD, Nov 10 12:23 pm

Dog Health > Collapsing trachea

Drake

Barked: Tue Oct 26, '10 4:16pm PST 
Poor drake he was called fat by the vet today. Drakes cough went bad this morning so we took him in it now seems that it may not be his heart but a collapsing trachea. Any one ever dealt with this advice tips help. He goes back for xrays once I get enough saved up and he looses some weight. Poor old guy is falling apart
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Oct 27 11:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Should I switch
Drake

Barked: Tue Oct 26, '10 4:13pm PST 
Alrighty after a very expensive vet trip for drake his vet has deemed him fat among other things. Hes currently eating natures domain grain free salmon and sweet potato and its 14% fat. Should I switch him to something lighter hes 41 pounds and the vet wants him at 35 asap due to bad lungs. I was thinking the Merrick senior medley its 10% fat so that would kill 4 fat calories. I like the ingredients and the company and it fits our budget. Any suggestions greatly apprcieated
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Oct 26 4:36 pm

(Page 1 of 78: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.