GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Dog Laws & Legislation > HR 669 law, worse than BSL
Ozzy

"Punish the- deed, not the- breed."

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 7:02am PST 
Thanks for the link to your post....

Charley, We don't live on a farm!!! We are city dogs, our kid's like the fish in their aquarium, the stinky Ferrets (even if they bite us on the nose), and their cute little hamsters.... Heck, dad use to have some birds from Australia called Cockatiels (TYPO?). We don't think that it's right, because it's going to cause people to loose their jobs and then how are they going to feed their human and pet families??? What about my little human kid's, I feel that a hamster helps to teach children the responsibility of having a animal pet, later leading to us dogs as pets.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ozzy, Apr 30 7:02 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > HR 669 law, worse than BSL
Ozzy

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 11:18am PST 
I don't know if and how many people has heard of the HR669 Legislative Bill, but this one in my book is worse than the BSL crap. If passed you will no longer be allowed to: Buy, sell, breed, or transport pets such as ; Birds, fish, small mammals (hamsters, G. Pigs, Ferrets), reptiles, and more. I've told people that if they passed BSL laws, that bull crap like this would start as a result, now look, if your hamster has babies, you will be breaking the law, If your kid catches a frog or toad, he'll be jailed for it.

Please research this, they have petitions in many places, and video's on Youtube. It's time we the people say what we can have for pet, not the government.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ozzy, Apr 30 7:02 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Agression in an old dog

Ozzy

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 11:03am PST 
I hope things works out for you. My mom's dog is blind and deaf too, but she picks up the vibrations from a good sharp yell or a simple tap of the foot on the floor.

Henry, we are pulling for ya buddy, good luck mom and dad....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ozzy, Apr 21 11:03 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Allen County Ohio Humane Society Garage Sale

Ozzy

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '09 8:41am PST 
This is for friends over at the Humane Society and Sonya..... If your close by, you don't want to miss the deals....

Humane Society of Allen County Garage Sale!!
Lima, Ohio
Saturday May 2nd 8am-4pm!

Less than 3 weeks away!!

We’ve had tons of stuff donated so far, but we still need MORE!! Get started on that Spring Cleaning! Donate all gently used, clean, working items to the Humane Society! We need bags too! Donate baked goods for the Bake Sale table! Donations can be made at the shelter at 3606 Elida Rd. Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from noon-4:30pm, and Tuesday & Thursday from noon-7pm. Please call ahead regarding large or questionable items. We may be able to arrange for pick ups in some cases. All donations are tax deductable!

This is going to be a HUGE sale, with thousands of items, raffle prizes ($15 gift certificates from Jack’s Pets (25cent raffle), and a $30 gift certificate from Paws-A-Tively Purrfect (50cent raffle)), a sports memorabilia (and more!) silent auction (scroll down for a list of items), a live broadcast with WDOH Lite Rock 107.1, great food including Texas BBQ pulled pork sandwiches (yumm!), and bargains galore! All proceeds directly benefit animal care at the shelter! Stay tuned to our blog for more details, which will be updated weekly, and please forward to all of your friends!!

Thanks!
Sonya

Silent Auction Items:

4 Cincinnati Red’s Tickets for May 10th!

Autographed Picture of Jake Westbrook, Cleveland Indians

Autographed Football, Keith Rivers, Cincinnati Bengals

Autographed Pennant, Rick Nash, Columbus Blue Jackets

Autographed Puck, Pascal LeClaire, Columbus Blue Jackets

Autographed Hat, Wally Szczerbiak, Cleveland Cavaliers

Kent Sport Tech Bicycle

Huffy Bicycle

Boyd’s Bears Rabbit “Roscoe P. Bumpercrop”, Retired....

And More to Come!!....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ozzy, Apr 17 8:41 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Has anybody ever noticed this?

Ozzy

Barked: Wed Apr 15, '09 11:00am PST 
Oops, sorry then....

It's kinda funny to hear all the bad things in some ways. I went down and picked up a daughter that I just met for the first time, she and newlywed hubby asked about what kind of dogs I had. I told them 2 pit mixes (sissy really a staffordshire) , they went right down the line with nothing but negative rumors. Well the white german shepherd is the one you got to watch and I told them this. When we got to my house, my mother was cooking for the kids and had a child's gate across the door to keep them away from the food. When I walk in they use their nose's and open the gate ran up to me to see where I've been, turned to them sat down and waited on treats. It was funny, because my son-n-law, looked like he was ready to climb the wall. By the time a week was done and I had to take them back to Kentucky, they wanted to keep Ozzy.... I told them I wouldn't even let him visit till I seen their laws on dogs.....

Our mayor here has met Ozzy, and really liked him, Ozzy along with almost 200 pitbulls helped us defeat BSL here in Lima...I'm very proud of that....plus he is my son hearing dog...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 15 11:55 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Has anybody ever noticed this?
Ozzy

Barked: Tue Apr 14, '09 10:34am PST 
I wouldn't worry about rumors... Most of the time, if a pit hurts their owners, it's the owners fault. I have never heard any one getting their face bit off, but I have heard of people abusing their pit and the dog striking out to protect themselves, and that is with many other breeds too.

Is this your first pit? If so I would like to invite you to research the breed, you might be amazed how they helped to tame America, how they were bred to be babysitters for children, and so much more....

Don't worry about rumors, treat any dog right, and you can keep your face, lol
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 11:55 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Agression in an old dog

Ozzy

Barked: Tue Apr 14, '09 10:17am PST 
When the ole boy goes "splat", you might try petting him to get him calmed down a bit, then try to get a blanket under him while still petting, then pick him up using the blanket. Don't show any fear or back away when you do this, might sound silly, but even when blind, they know.

With the food, stir it up with your hands so he knows your scent is in it, also, you might try holding the food dish while he eats, when he growls or tries to bite, just stand up, (don't back up!!! it show's weakness.) when he calms down try it again. this might take a lot of tries, but if your consistent with it you'll win, again, no fear, be calm and relax, it takes practice. I do this for dogs at the shelter....other wise its off to the bridge...

With the woman/man thing, thats easy. When your around someone, claim your space. When you get close to someone and mister dog starts coming up around just say NO!, and walk towards him to back him up. Again, practice makes perfect. No fear, be relax. If your afraid of being bitten while doing this, put some extra clothing on (I use a leather jacket.), and be very stern if he does bite. I like to think of it as the ugly-face people make when scolding children.

If none of this works, I would contact a professional dog trainer, and ask them, tell them the situation of being old blind, and deaf. All this does not effect training, just have to do it where it gets a reaction from the dog......

I'm still a dog trainer in training, LOL, just started the animal behavioral college a month ago........
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ozzy, Apr 21 11:03 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Michael Vick back in prison

Ozzy

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '09 7:01pm PST 
The more funnier stuff is, Vick has to sell all property's, and any thing of value too. He also isn't finish paying off court cost and cost of taking care of his dog vet bill's and things to go with that.....

He will be broke for a long time, and him being a felon, good luck on the job hunt!!!! Although him being a celeb, they are taking the media thing to far, you don't hear about the average joe's that are caught....
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Apr 14 5:33 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Ozzy and Sissy tames another pit-a-phobe....

Ozzy

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '09 6:37pm PST 
Dad speaking; I went down to the south eastern part of Kentucky to pick up my daughter (Tara) that I have never got meet, she was adopted when born. I found out as I met her I also have a son in law(Monroe) too. On the way back to the flat lands, They tell me they never seen a pitbull. I asked them their thoughts on them. They told me all the crazy junk you read in papers and see on TV. I was thinking to myself, " this isn't going to go well." 6 hours later we arrive at my house and go in.

The kids had put the gate up to keep all our critters out of the kitchen while cooking. I told my daughter, " don't worry about the pitbulls, worry about the white german shepherd (Kronic). Well Ozzy seen new people and opened the gate to greet them. Monroe got tense and stiff as 3 big dogs and my moms little dog come in. All the dogs came in dropped their butts on the ground in front of them and waited to be petted. Ozzy went to Monroe's side and sat there till we all moved into the other room. They were in shock that the dogs were so respectful.

The next day; Me and Ozzy decided to show off some tricks. Monroe wanted to try Ozzy with simple hand shakes and things. He tried and tried, and tried some more, with verbal words, lol. I looked at them and laughed and told them they had to learn American Sign Language for Ozzy to listen. They thought that was the coolest. Ozzy wouldn't leave Tara's side, and then her and Monroe started wrestling, I tried to warn them!!!!! Ozzy took one side and Sissy took the other, together they grabbed onto Monroe's jacket sleeve's and pulled him to the other side of the room then sat between them. Both of them was stunned. They didn't get bitten, just pulled apart.

Sissy wanted to be in their lap's as much as possible. Next they, they asked if they could have one of them, I laughed and told them, "Your not ready for one of these breeds yet", and continued talking about breeds and how they had judged them before meeting them, well, I didn't leave nothing out, including the history part.

They went back home a little bit Dog smarter..... I'm going to post photo's later this week.....
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 15 12:15 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Finally a positive pit bull reaction from a stranger!!!
Ozzy

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '09 6:00pm PST 
thats so cool!!! way to go Teddy, if you keep going we will have to call you "Ambassador Teddy for Pit Bull Relations"way to gopartysnoopyway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Junie, Apr 15 6:35 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.