Postings by Timber CGC

GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > agility and herding training in TX?
Timber CGC

Compulsive- face-licking- disorder ;)

Barked: Thu Jun 10, '10 11:21am PST 
No problem. We had Ike tested right before we moved. We wanted to use our old trainer, so we squeezed it in.

I am in contact with the trainers and will hopefully get our trial lessons set up in 2-3 weeks. So excited smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Jun 10 11:21 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Sat Jun 5, '10 10:46am PST 
Chase, Timber has already had lessons and Ike was instinct tested. Timber LOVES it! It's so awesome to watch him. That's why we want to continue.

I have contacted two of the instructors and they have replied. I want to try both of them out to see which one works best with the pups. Just have to figure out a good time to do it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Jun 10 11:21 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Thu Jun 3, '10 5:25pm PST 
Thank you all for your advice! I am looking into it and contacting some of the closer associations. Finger's crossed that we find what we need. We really loved our old trainer, wish we could have taken them with us on the move wink They really understood how to work with our dogs and we are looking for that again.I'll keep you posted on the progress and feel free to add any more that you know. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Jun 10 11:21 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 6:50pm PST 
Hi there, as I have recently obtained I job I am back in shape to provide my pups with agility and herding lessons blue dog I am new to the area and was wondering if any of you could suggest a good, trustworthy place to take agility and herding classes in the Kyle, TX area. I would greatly appreciate your input. My pups of course would love it too smile Thank you all.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Jun 10 11:21 am

Behavior & Training > Need immediate advice please!

Timber CGC

Barked: Fri Apr 23, '10 6:59am PST 
So we had them scanned and no chips and not neutered cry So we will use the vouchers to get them neutered. What a mess. Maybe the Aussie rescue will at least list them for us, that would help a lot.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Apr 23 6:59 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Mon Apr 12, '10 3:42pm PST 
Thank you all for your answers and support. It' great to know that there are caring and helpful people in this world.

I will follow your advice and see if getting the word out that way will get these boys adopted. Finger's crossed!

Chandler, question for you: If they are intact (I am guessing they are father and son) wouldn't a (reputable breeder) keep close tabs on intact dogs? Breeding rights and all that. Or maybe the former owners signed that they would neuter but didn't? I will get them scanned as soon as I can, which might not be until Thursday, since I will need a hand with that. I can't put them in the car with my dogs, since Timber hates the younger one and I am alone this week. Maybe Wednesday morning if feeding goes quick enough before I have to go to work. I will let you all know the results when I get them.

I appreciate your support! It felt so horrible when one shelter said it would be considered an owner-surrender.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Apr 23 6:59 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Sat Apr 10, '10 4:47pm PST 
Chandler, we are in Texas and it said that they have no representatives. If you know someone that could help us though, we'd greatly appreciate it. The dogs have grown on us, so we would like to know what becomes of them (I don't know if that is an unreasonable thing to ask).

A lady from the local shelter called back and and said that even though we are holding on to them, we can come by and get some vouchers so we can get them neutered. That is a very gracious offer, so we will take it for sure.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Apr 23 6:59 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Sat Apr 10, '10 11:56am PST 
I talked to my SIL and she said they'll help out, so we will get them a shelter built on our land. We just don't want them getting euthanized. So we will keep them there until we can find someone to adopt them.

I'm sitting here crying, it's so emotional. Ugh. I just want them to find a good, safe home. So finger's crossed for finding a good home for them. For now they will just have to stay confined.

I'm sorry I write like a mess. I just get too attached and involved and it leaves me to be a mess.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Apr 23 6:59 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Sat Apr 10, '10 11:40am PST 
Also wanted to add, they are not aggressive, just like to chase.

I've been calling around. Many places are full. Some say I can only do owner surrender (which makes me just really want to cry. They are not my dogs, so for someone to note it as owner surrender just makes me cringe. I just want to help these dogs, not for people to have on file that I am the one dumping animals. I am not! Sorry, it's just hard enough without that). One shelter will call me back. They are not fully no-kill yet, so that worries me, but at least they might be able to tell me what I can do.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Apr 23 6:59 am

Timber CGC

Barked: Sat Apr 10, '10 11:14am PST 
When we bought the land all it had was rusting barbed wire around the perimeter. So no fenced in area for the dogs. We are working on putting up fences.

ARPH has no representatives in our area. frown

I will try the all-breed rescues then. Thank you for that hint.

Yes, I emphasized that the risk of them getting kicked or run over are very high, but no answer. Sad to hear that Aussie rescues are so full. Aussies are such great dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Timber CGC, Apr 23 6:59 am

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.