Postings by Lexington

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > North Bergen County/Rockland Area - dog parks??
Lexington

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 5:49am PST 
I'm on the hunt for a dog run/park in northern Bergen County or Rockland area. Any recommendations?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lexington, Dec 2 5:49 am

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier > Where are all you Wheaties out there???
Lexington

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 5:46am PST 
i'm so glad to see life in the wheaten section! we're here and addicted to wheatens!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jan 5 5:53 pm

Dogs & Travel > east coast weekend getaway w/pup

Lexington

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 12:35pm PST 
post getaway:

as i mentioned we settled on bar harbor, maine and so happy we did! the scenery was beautiful! we were lucky to get great weather.
to summerize:

hotel - we stayed at the Atlantic Oakes Resort. from what i understand, they reserve 3 rooms as pet-friendly and they are on the first floor on the building (there are 6 bldgs total i think) which walks out directly onto a patch of grass w/baggies/garbage. i immediately noticed people/maintenance hadn't picked up after their dogs and ours was the only dog we saw on the grounds all weekend. there was plenty of other grass so it wasn't a big issue. the hotel was fine though they ASSURED me numerous times i'd be getting a queen when in fact they only have full beds in the pet rooms so i was definitely not happy about that (they refunded the $35 pet fee big woop)

shopping - the downtown area was VERY dog-friendly. lexington was allowed in all the stores! they have two pet boutiques as well and the woman at bark harbor (one of the stores) gave us a list of hotels and restaurants and told us to contact her prior if/when we ever come back. she updates the least each season.

restaurants - there are plenty of places to bring your pup. we were even allowed to bring him inside the tent (outdoor seating)! one was dirt so we put down a blanket which he laid on during our meal. this was great since i expected to be ordering out and eating in the hotel at night!

acadia national park - beautiful and our pup LOVED hiking and climbing everywhere!

i'm sure bar harbor is awesome in the summer months, but must get crowded so it was nice to see it busy, but not too much having the dog.
thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chipper, Oct 26 10:41 am

Lexington

Barked: Wed Oct 1, '08 7:08am PST 
thanks for all the suggestions everyone. i'm putting them on my future trips list! we've researched and off to bar harbor! i'll be sure to post back how dog friendly our weekend goes....
blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chipper, Oct 26 10:41 am

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier > What to Feed Your Wheaten?

Lexington

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 11:52am PST 
update:
we're in the midst of transitioning to Natural Balance Duck & Potato and so far so good. he seems to really like it and no sick bellies.

first i tried the Wellness Fish & Sw Potato, but he didn't seem to be eating it well and i couldn't take the smell...
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by ~Emma~ RL1, Jul 15 8:32 pm

Lexington

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 10:39am PST 
thank you for the suggestions! tennessee is actually on our list of "places to stay" but just not for this short trip. thanks though!

i've been looking at bar harbor, maine, but i'm going to check out the other options now...

ok so the lazy dog is all booked, but i'll keep that in my back pocket for another time. kinda nice that they have mini dog runs.

what's martha's v like in the fall?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Chipper, Oct 26 10:41 am

Lexington

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '08 8:33am PST 
i'm all for the beach off season but do they allow dogs on the beach?!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Chipper, Oct 26 10:41 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Parks (Dog or Human-but-dog-friendly) in Northern NJ?

Lexington

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '08 12:19pm PST 
where at van saun?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lexington, Sep 24 12:19 pm

Lexington

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '08 11:55am PST 
boo no help...anyone have suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Chipper, Oct 26 10:41 am

Dogs & Travel > Traveling with the pups?!
Lexington

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '08 11:52am PST 
any suggestions for weekend getaways with my pup?!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zipper, Sep 27 11:24 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.