Postings by Zak

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saluki > What gives?!
Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Fri May 23, '08 2:55am PST 
New here too, shame there are not more of us!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Darcy, Nov 9 12:36 pm

Behavior & Training > DOG ATTACK!!
Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Sun May 18, '08 10:42am PST 
Aibou, I would never want to intentionally hurt another animal either. I want it more to give myself a confidence boost when I take him out so that I know if the worst comes to the worst, I stand a better chance. My biggest fear is it happening again when there is no one there but me and I cannot get the other dog off. I have to say that given the choice between using a deterrant spray and the offending dog is in discomfort for a short time afterwards (with no lasting effects), or stand there and watch Zak being torn up (or even worse) and potentially emotionally traumatized forever, then I have to say I am fully willing to do it if it really came down to it and nothing else was working.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sunny & Buster , May 18 1:45 pm

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 11:33am PST 
Pepper spray is illegal in the UK, unfortunately, but I have found something that works the same but is made out of chile peppers, it works very much the same as actual pepper spray so I am ordering some. I will never ever walk Zak again without having some kind of protection, it just isn't worth it!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sunny & Buster , May 18 1:45 pm

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Fri May 16, '08 4:54am PST 
Wow, this sort of thing seems to happen a lot more than should ever be allowedshockshock

Pleased to hear Rocky still likes other dogs, Zak seems to be that way too, everything is forgiven and forgotten and he still wants to make new doggy friends.

For the owner of Cash - I followed Zak's attack up by calling the Dog Warden, who told me they can do nothing but for sending a letter out to the owners of the Collie asking them to try and make sure the dog doesn't get out again. Apparently, things are complicated as when it all started, the collie was on it's owners property. This made NO sense to me as as although the dog was in it's garden, as soon as it spotted Zak walking by, it came hurtling out onto the street to attack him, which is PUBLIC!!!! For the life of me I do not understand why this is a problem. It is like saying if you take your dog down the road for a walk and it attacks another dog or person, this is ok because the dog originally was on it's own property before owner decided to walk it.

The only other thing they said was to call the police. The last time he was attacked I did call the police but they said since the attacking dogs were not on the Dangerous or banned dog list, they couldn't help. Well I called them today anyway, and was told the same thing, and told to call the Dog Warden! ARRRRRRRGH!!!!

What a waste of time, no wonder this kind of thing seems to happen so regular, it is obviously seen as being acceptable.

On a happier note, Zak is doing really good, he's healing up nicely already and his bruising has gone down, he's not even noticeably sore today, which I expected he would be as he couldn't lie down on that side yesterday.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sunny & Buster , May 18 1:45 pm

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 9:21am PST 
Yes I did take him to the vet (that made his already bad day even worse!) and I also called the Dog Warden this afternoon to report it.

Mentally, he seems to be his usual self, so I am hoping there won't be any ill effects from it as in regard to him being around other dogs. The last time he was attacked it didn't seem to bother him at all and he was still his usual self, getting all excited when he saw other dogs at the prospect of making new friends. I am hoping this time will be the same. He's one of those dogs where nothing much seems to bother him, so fingers crossed he'll be ok.

Thank you for all the replies - I am STILL really angry about the whole thing, but coming on here and reading all your replies mad me feel better as it reassured me that there are still some responsible dog owners left out there!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Sunny & Buster , May 18 1:45 pm

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 4:48am PST 
Hi

I am Zak's owner, and I can tell you I still haven't recovered from the upset of this morning. I am left feeling absolutely disgusted and angry at how some people seem to think it is ok to risk this kind of thing happening.

What makes it even worse is that Zak was attacked by 2 terrier type dogs just a few months ago, leaving him needing stitches in his neck. I am amazed he hasn't become phobic about other dogs by now. Being the dog he is, he seems to quickly forgive and forget and carry on like normal. I am so lucky I don't have a dog that has been traumatized for life.

Anyway, he seems to have gotten over the shock of it better than I have, and is now happily stretched out on my bed sleeping. I'm sure he is going to be very sore over the next few days, but the whole thing could have been much, much worse.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Sunny & Buster , May 18 1:45 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Hello from the Italians...

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Wed May 14, '08 2:11am PST 
Beautiful dogs, it is nice to see another sighthound ownerwave
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucky CGC -9/17/1996-2/25/2008, May 14 5:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Informal Poll-- Breed loyal, or Anyone goes?

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Tue May 13, '08 1:14pm PST 
Well, for as long as I remember I have always loved Saluki's. I have had other dogs previously, and then I got my first Saluki last year. I can now honestly say I would never have anything else. Getting one of my own just confirmed what I have always known, Saluki's are the breed for me. If for some reason I could not have a Saluki, then I'd still stick to sighthounds, possibly Borzoi/Greyhound/Salughi or Afghan.
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Hershey Bear, May 18 5:27 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > New To Dogster!

Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Tue May 13, '08 1:09pm PST 
Hi, new here too! Have sent you a ppr.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 19 5:31 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Hellooooo!
Zak

I'm A Speed- Demon!

Barked: Tue May 13, '08 8:39am PST 
Hello Kai! wave
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sandy (At The Bridge 8/20/98), May 14 5:29 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.