Postings by Lola

GO!

(Page 1 of 55: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > Does Anyone Compete With a Rescued Dog?
Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 3:10pm PST 
Lola is a rescue and competes in agility, at the excellent level. Lots of dogs in AKC and USDAA are rescue dogs and do quite well. I would love to see a rescue that pulled only high drive sport prospects, because it is so common for those types to do really badly in shelters.
[notify]
» There has since been 59 posts. Last posting by Dennis FDCH-S, TFIII, Jan 10 6:00 pm

Sports & Agility > Crating Options help?
Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 5:09pm PST 
I've found some really decent crates at Big Lots. Quick to pop up, light and around 45 bucks.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN, Jan 8 7:09 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Favorite Doodle?

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 2:34pm PST 
No.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Nov 30 6:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dog Lovers Selling Pet Food Directly to Dog Lovers!

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 11:49am PST 
Meh, the first half of the post reads like an ad for the dog food anyway. Isn't it fun how mods are above the rules?
[notify]
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by Bruin, Aug 9 6:19 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Differences between Toy, Miniature, Standard Poodles?

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 11:38am PST 
Hello - I came to this web site by google search because I'm seriously looking to buy either a miniature or standard poodle. I need honest answers. This is a VERY important decision for me. Yet, contrary to the site's warning, all I read here is bickering. I suggest, please, that you take it to another chat room somewhere else.

If you are seriously looking, you need to do less googling and more going to dog shows and talking to breeders and owners. Also, don't dig up an old thread with relatively little bickering. Forums are for discussion and that is what happened here.

I am looking for real answers to which type I should buy. Please help me with the truth.

I had a toy poodle as a young girl and she was wonderful - terrific temperament, didn't bark much, and loved all of us. They have a bad reputation for nothing!

There isn't really a truth so much as an opinion. I have standard poodles because a medium large active dog fits my lifestyle. No one can tell you what will best fit into your life without knowing you intimately.

What is the truth about miniatures? Are they hyperactive and bark constantly and need so much attention that only someone with ADHD should own one? I want a mellow dog that is easy to be around and loves all the family. BUT, the only (one family)standard poodles I've looked at were HUGE! The daddy's head came up almost to my bust. Is this normal size??????

Minis are great, if well bred, Just like any other dog. Poodle are attention seakers, they want to be with you and assist you in what you are doing. That is something I personally like about them.
Look at other standard poodles. Some of the best breeder in the US are in CA so you should have a good variety to look at. My dogs are 26 inches at the withers and 25 inches at the withers. Withers being their shoulder blades. Lola is the larger at 60lbs and Ice is closer to 50lbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bridgit, Jun 22 8:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Lickety Stik Liquid dog treats?
Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '12 8:43pm PST 
I picked up one at a trial recently and was not impressed at all. Lola thinks they are just okay and Ice likes to nibble. All in all, not worth the five dollars I payed for them. I could see their use as a distraction while doing nails, and someone else said they attached it to the end of something to teach a heel to a small dog.

Asher- So you are boycotting the company but you accept their free swag? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tanuk CGC , May 2 5:25 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Giant Poodles

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 9:48pm PST 
*cuts up double post with poodle shears*
[notify]
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 9 12:24 pm

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 9:48pm PST 
You know Cain, we are a non sporting breed. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 9 12:24 pm

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 9:45pm PST 
Hello My name is... not necessary.
You revealed our secret
Prepare to Die
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 9 12:24 pm

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 9:33pm PST 
Only the best shall defend the honor of the secret society...
OTB
[notify]
» There has since been 56 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 9 12:24 pm

(Page 1 of 55: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.