Postings by Sedona

GO!

(Page 1 of 534: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Labrador Retriever > Looking for breeders. MO. Bench and Chocolate if possible.
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 10:00pm PST 
Anyone know of any good breeders in the MO/IL/TN/KY/AR area? Puppymill central around those parts, so it's nerve wracking looking for them.

Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sedona, Mar 3 10:00 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do Satellite TV Spambots Have Dogs?
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 4:48pm PST 
HOLY SMOKES! I popped on here to find an old post about fish oil and...whoa! I feel for the mods that have to clean up this mess. What a nightmare!
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mar 23 4:42 pm

Grooming > Coat upkeep after a shave?

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 7:52pm PST 
Slicker brushes will get out knots and the like? Her ear and butt hair are prone to matting.

I've never used one before as we're a pin comb and pin brush household. I thought slicker brushes just pulled out undercoat.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Jun 4 9:11 pm

Grooming > Coat upkeep after a shave?

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '11 4:05pm PST 
My Mom has a double coated (triple maybe, who knows) dog whose coat is in pretty rough shape. I'm not there but I imagine the undercoat is matted. I recommended that she take the pooch into the groomer to see what can be done but I'm almost positive that the dog will need to be shaved.

So my question is, what tools should she use to maintain the coat after the shave? The fur is long and super thick (she's a Retriever/Border Collie/Australian Shepherd/Who-knows-what-possibly-a-bear mix). I recommended a Zoom Groom for shedding and a pin comb for tangles, but I've never dealt with a shaved coat so I don't know what do really.

I know she won't be comfortable using a comb with a blade unless she absolutely has to use one. Her mobility isn't the greatest and she'd be afraid she'd hurt the dog. Knowing her, she probably would and hurt herself in the process. laugh out loud

Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Jun 4 9:11 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Oh please oh please oh please

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 12:54am PST 
Contest is still going on and the competition is tight! Any votes would be awesome.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Molly, Apr 12 7:47 pm

Dog of the Day & Week > DOG OF THE WEEK!!!
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 2:38pm PST 
Thanks budbig grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sybil Marie, Mar 19 3:23 pm

Dog of the Day & Week > Duke is Dog of the Day today - 3/13/11

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 2:06pm PST 
Grats Duke!cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Molly, Mar 23 11:26 am

Dog of the Day & Week > DOG OF THE WEEK!!!

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 6:35pm PST 
Thanks Nina. I'll take the "up highs" and you can do the "down lows." I think that will work out wonderfully.wink
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sybil Marie, Mar 19 3:23 pm

Raw Food Diet > Month long gorge/fast diet, any advice?

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 3:34pm PST 
I read something awhile back that indicated iodine actually *evaporates from things like kelp and sea salt. Trying to find that again....

*Evaporates is probably the wrong term, but whatevs.

ETA: Meh, can't find the specific article I read before. I did come across a quip that said kelp is rather high in bromide and it very well may cancel out the iodine in a kelp supplement. I wonder if I can get any info from Solid Gold about this...
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 6:23 pm

Raw Food Diet > Cooper's new diet plan ...
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 3:18pm PST 
You can feed quarters for bone and fill in the rest of the meat requirement with red meat.

I, personally, like to get bone from different critters. The mineral makeup differs depending on the animal; this is the same reason I feed organ from multiple animals.

Here we do mostly red meat bones like pork (hocks, riblets, country style ribs), lamb (shoulder), mutton (shanks and shoulders), and goat (shanks and shoulders again). Also whole small fish (sardines, mack, etc)provides bone.

I wouldn't consider the smoothie as part of his diet. It's a fine treat though. Sedona eats fruit and yogurt with me. Scratch that, she eats a bite of most everything I eat. But I don't count that as part of her diet. It's just a treat. If he isn't having problems with the smoothie, then cool beans.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ginger Mystic and Pixie, Mar 10 5:02 am

(Page 1 of 534: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.