Postings by Gray Dawn Treader

GO!

(Page 1 of 258: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > I got literally hundreds of zealies--anybody want a gift, or some zealies?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 12:51am PST 
I've acculumated nearly 1,000 zealies at this point. Having a Plus membership and barely using it other than for the extra photo space will do that.laugh out loud

So, since the community aspect is closing down in March, anybody want anything? Maybe you know of someone who would like something? Or maybe you'd like to have some zealies transferred over to you.blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Jan 23 4:34 am

Dog Health > Did Y'all Know that Vet Care Costs BIG $$$!!??
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 11:39pm PST 
Oh yeah, I can see that happening, getting told that you're wasting money on vet bills...I hear people talk about that a lot. The vet I've been using I've heard talked bad about because they charge a lot of money. ...and they do charge more than the other clinics I've been to. But I go there because they seem to be good and they seem to pick up on things that the other vets I've been to didn't. (They caught that Treader had a heart murmur. If I recall, even the vet I had been to recently at the time didn't catch that.)
And in some cases a vet may exploit things for money in the same way a car repair shop may have you do things on your car that don't really need to be done (certain vaccinations and overvaccination being a possible example)...but, that's where knowing about these things comes in handy.

Another thing (a bit off topic, here) I've noticed is reading reviews online for a local vet clinic doesn't seem to give you a good idea about the vet...99% of them are people who had a bad first impression. I mean, that can be helpful in some ways, but many of them, their experiences they're talkin' about haven't been my experience using that vet for quite a while...y'know?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Jan 25 6:23 am

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 10:59pm PST 
Hell, the medication I, the human, take has a pretty sizable list of side affects. Any drug does, and the list distinguishes between relatively mild and serious side affects. It just comes with the territory of pharmaceutical drugs.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 7:07 am

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 10:40pm PST 
Treader takes comfortis and has for a few years now. He's allergic to fleas and nothing else we tried worked--I'm wary of trying something else as I don't want him to end up with another flea infestation and a trip to the vet for an allergy shot, and antibiotics to treat the skin conditions the fleas give him.

They DO warn you to feed comfortis with a meal, otherwise it could cause an upset stomach. I've never fed it without feeding Treader at the same time, and we seem to be good here.

Also, I'm not sure you could say any of the other brands are trustworthy either. Just read the instructions and warnings sometime.

But hey, what can you do? I tried home remedies before and they led to a flea infestation and the discovery that Treader has an allergy.
They work for some people on this site apparently, but I guess my area is just heavily populated with fleas and bugs.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 7:07 am

Dog Health > bark sounds different?

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 9:05am PST 
I can see that. All the other dogs there. He always barks and whines when he sees another dog until the point where either the dog leaves his sight or he gets to go over and say hi. He did that when we picked him up and another dog was in the room. I've been trying to teach him not to do that and not let him meet that dog (if at all) until he calms down, but it'll take a while.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Aug 12 9:05 am

Dog Health > bark sounds different?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sun Aug 11, '13 12:01am PST 
Since coming back from boarding, Treader's bark sounds different. It's definitely the same dog I dropped off before leaving on my trip, but now he sounds almost hoarse. Almost.

Just weird.
I heard little dogs are prone to collapsing trachea and for this reason I prefer to use a harness when he's on the leash. But it was missing before I left, and at the kennel they were using a leash that basically works the same way a choke chain does.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Aug 12 9:05 am

Dog Health > probably going to board Treader while I'm on vacation

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 12:52am PST 
At the place Treader is staying, he's not caged 24/7. They let him out hourly. There's a yard he can walk in, and a room he can play in. That's why I liked them.
I do hope he's not stressed out from being left behind, though.

I'm not a fan overvaccination, but I'd rather get the vaccinations than Treader get sick while boarding with all the other animals there. IDK, seems like the lesser evil to me. But I digress. I don't know enough about the issue to argue for any particular side, and I don't feel like it anyway. I tend to be somewhere in the middle of the road on the subject, really.
(They also required that he get the influenza vaccine before boarding there--so while I've been avoiding that thing and will continue to avoid it in the future, it can't really be helped in this case. I like the place otherwise.)

I can't take him with me--the place I'm going has heavy traffic, and the little escape artist would be killed in an instant. Plus I'm staying at my aunt's house. Not only do I have to respect her rules, but she has a dog that does not get along with other dogs.

Anyway--it's a done deal now. I'm leaving on my trip on Monday, and I dropped Treader off this morning.
The cat will be dropped off at a friend's house tomorrow. This is what I originally wanted to do with Treader--but no one was available. In any case, I'm actually a bit more comfortable with the option of having him at the boarding place--there's less chance of him escaping and being picked up by animal control.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 1:11 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 1:22pm PST 
Now all I'm concerned about is Treader thinking we abandoned him. He'll be there for more than two weeks.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 1:11 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 1:15pm PST 
Oh, okay. smile
Well, we're all set then.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 1:11 am

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 11:26am PST 
Well, my mom talked to the vet about their boarding this morning. There's someone there all the time, they let him out every hour, and they'll walk him, play with him...whatever he wants to do.
Sounds good...except they said we could do the shots when we drop him off. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 1:11 am

(Page 1 of 258: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.