Postings by Whoopie

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Walamrt food
Whoopie

The Whoopster is- in Da House!!!

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 5:31pm PST 
You can also add some cottage cheese in their bowls for added calcium to keep their bones strong. Most of the big chain brands do not have as much in nutrition value as the more expensive brands.
I understand the cost worries and still trying to feed your dogs the best as you can.
Whatever you can buy in bulk and still make sure it has good vitamins and no by products. If you see that a product contains by products or large chemical sounding names, your vet bills maybe higher in the long run.
Perhaps you can find a local butcher that can add some raw meaty bones with bone marrow for your dogs they are high in nutrition and dogs love them.
I would also add parsley water ( boil a bunch of parsley in a medium size pot) for 4 to 5 minutes and add that to your bowls, it is amazingly good for their immune systems and keeps them very healthy.
Sorry to hear of the economic situation but I do hope things get much better for you.
Hugs
Whoopie
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mutts, Feb 6 4:28 pm

Dog Health > I get Car Sick. Big Time. Any Tips?
Whoopie

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 2:58pm PST 
Hi Sunny Bell :

My mom says you can have some Gravol and she gave it to me when I was a baby. She would use 1/4 tablet at first...of the lowest dose. It does work....but I would hold off on car trips until you are a bit older if you can.
Its the motion of the car that makes you sick and I used to do that too, and now I just love car rides to the park and shopping at the pet store.
Hope your motion sickness goes away.
Also you can try some Aloe Vera Gel, which settles the stomach naturally. Mix 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera Gel with 2 teaspoons of fruit juice, and let mom put some in your mouth about 1/2 an hour before you go out in the car. It will neutralize the acid in the tummy and setttle any upsets that the car motion makes.

Hope your tummy troubles go away...
paws up for Sunny Bell.
from
Whoopie and mommy.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Feb 5 6:34 pm

Dog Health > Sensitive Stomach or Something Serious

Whoopie

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 2:53pm PST 
Chaka you look so cute in that hat!
Okay well I know about sore stomachs and digestion problems.
Sometimes depending on the food our mom's get us, we can have an allergic reaction or we just barf it up. Been there, got the t-shirt.
My mom fortunately is a nutrional counsellor and uses natural remedies for my problems and let me tell ya...I never barf.

I used to barf when I had some of those commercial pet foods, and you wonder why, because they contain the four D's which are by -products of diseased animals with kerosene and petroleum added to kill the smell as they are processing it in the dog food plants.

Well tell your mom to go to a healthfood store and pick up some Aloe Vera Gel. Mix a tablespoon of gel with 2 tablespoons of a juice ( not acid) like mango or pear, or a natural fruit juice.
Tell her to get a tablespoon of that and feed it down your throat.

You will be surprised at how well it heals your tummy and bowels.
My mom took it too and it cured her of an ulcer, and when she has a tummy ache she reaches for the aloe vera gel and it works almost immediately.

If you get some every day it will clear up your tummy in a flash so you can go out and play like normal.

It only costs about 7.00 for a fairly large bottle and you can get some at Vitamin World or GNC., or any health food store in your area. You can also order it on the internet if you perfer.

But do try it Chalka ...you will notice a big difference in how it settles down your tummy, and if you even had a bowel problem like the runs or constipation ...it works for that too.

Hope your mom gets some soon...
love and hugs
Whoopie and Mom says hi to your mom.
Paws up for your tummy troubles going away.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Josie - CGC, Feb 5 7:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > They eat what we are

Whoopie

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 8:07am PST 
There is a pet food revolution taking hold, people do not trust the dog industry anymore, as the evidence is the garbage they have been producing for the last 20 years! Commercial pet food is not even " Pet Grade" with the industry using the four D's in their products. The 4 D's are: dead, diseased, disabled, and dying livestock, let alone entrails, hooves, fur, beaks, feathers, cancer tumors, and melamine which they all call " protein" in the list of ingredients. Then to kill the smell of this refuse, they pour kerosine and other carcinogenic chemicals so that you the pet owner cannot smell the rot. The kerosine alone will kill your dog. They are allowed to do this because the Agriculture and FDA organizations say its okay, as they obviously let it be sold on the market to unsuspecting consumers.

This all has to stop, the buck stops with the consumer we have to organize to promote new legislation in the pet food industry and make them change. Now, since the recalls of March 2007, they are adding some nutrients but still are using the byproducts of the 4 D's, and they expect us to buy it?

They are channeling words like: Iams Pro-active Health food, or Healthy Naturals, or " new and improved "that they advertise as building the immune systems of our dogs.

Its the same rubbish as before, only slicker advertising catch phrases. We are not buying it. They still over a year later have not changed their formulas, and are trying to deceive the public.
We have to organize by writing letters, making phone calls and lobbying legislators in each state as well the federal governments to protect our pets with laws, as well get rid of politicians who do not care about pets.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Angel Maddy, Jan 3 8:14 am

Whoopie

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '07 7:11pm PST 
great site which is really informative on MRSA and dogs.
It explains why and how it spreads from humans to pets, site is
http://www.DogHealth1.com
All about nutrition, dog food, natural dog foods and clothing.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Angel Maddy, Jan 3 8:14 am

Whoopie

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '07 11:25am PST 
I also read that article and could not believe what I was reading, its insanity to subject dogs to these so called " scientists", I think they are a bunch of sadistic idiots. The pet food recall is not over, its only the tip of the ice berg.

I also read that Iams has put out a new line of " improved, healthy foods", yeah, not by a long shot. The Iam's line still contain: chemicals, preservatives, by products, hormones, and they throw in some vitamins and say its all better now? This stuff is killing our dogs, and that explains the high incidents of dog cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and asthma...its all in the commercial pet foods.

You just cannot trust these manufacturers to ever tell the truth as to the garbage their products are made from.

There will be more and more recalls, as the pet food industry has remained unregulated since WW2, and the government better get its act together. Wholesome natural foods that do not contain this garbage is the only way to feed my dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Angel Maddy, Jan 3 8:14 am

Food & Nutrition > When Do You Eat?

Whoopie

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 8:54am PST 
I have a snack in the morning, usually some scrambled egg whites, and some cottage cheese for calcium, but my main meal is at night. Then, after I have digested for a while, we go off to the park for a run, and I poop my little buns off....lol.

Whoopie.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Izzy, Aug 27 12:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > what do you think of greenies?

Whoopie

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 8:50am PST 
My Whoopie, didn't like them much at all, but she knawed at them at the corners, eventually she ate them slow, and thankfully that was way before the info came out that they can cause obstructions.
She loves the Dentalclean ones, better.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kaya, Aug 26 7:20 am

Raw Food Diet > But what about the mess?

Whoopie

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 11:03am PST 
Cleaning up the mess after your dog eats a raw meal, is time consuming yes, but worth the effort in its good health.
The plastic sheet down is a great idea, or eating outside the house, during good weather. As far as cleaning the dog, handi wipes with some barking soda (lol) that is baking soda and water, to clean the face, snout, and paws is a good idea. Just takes a minute or so, to get the left overs from Fluffy's chin...hope this helps you!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Josie - CGC, Aug 6 11:52 am

Raw Food Diet > Benefits of feeding once a day
Whoopie

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 10:58am PST 
My dog is a Puli, mid size, part of the sheepdog family, lovely dog. She used to eat 2 times a day, for the first couple of years of her years. Now, she isn't interested in eating breakfast, so I just feed her at night at suppertime. She finishes the whole bowl, and licks it clean, which she never did before. I think after the growth period is over, a dog can settle into one meal a day. Out in the wilds, when dogs, coyotes and wolves kill an animal they gorge for days. Then they don't eat for days, its actually more normal for them to do this, that to have 3 squares a day, like we do. Whoopie is shedding a few unwanted pounds also, and there doesn't seem to be any ill effects from this new schedule. Hope it helps !!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Winnie, Aug 11 12:17 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.