Postings by Bluebell & Azra

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > Do you get Tag Tarnish?
Bluebell &- Azra

Who's calling me- a Poodle?

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '08 5:16pm PST 
We don't wear collars/tags but my mom did say that you could have plastic tags engraved with all of yuor info on them instead of the metal (like your vet info and Rabies #).
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lily, May 1 5:18 pm

Grooming > A question for you groomers!
Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '08 3:34pm PST 
I ask them to show me with their fingers on the dog's coat how much they want off. So they take the hair and hold in in theor fingers at the apporxiamte lentgh. A find most pet pwners like it to be betwee a #4 blade and a #0 comb all over in my area.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bluebell & Azra, Apr 29 3:34 pm

Grooming > Intergroom 2008

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '08 8:37pm PST 
I can't edit it for some reason, but if you put the first link in your browser, you must remove the "20%" between the "j" and "p" in ".jpg"

Thanks for checking us out smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bluebell & Azra, Apr 14 8:37 pm

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '08 7:55pm PST 
We competed in the mixed breed/misc. class as she was not in breed trim (on Friday). I wish she had had enough hair for a bichon head as the group entry was so small for that class!

http://usera.imagecave.com/dirtydogs57/Work2/intergroom4.j pg
http://usera.imagecave.com/dirtydogs57/Work2/intergroom7.jpg
ht tp://usera.imagecave.com/dirtydogs57/Work2/intergroom203.jpg
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bluebell & Azra, Apr 14 8:37 pm

Grooming > Hobby grooming?

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '08 7:51pm PST 
I agree that for a business things can get sticky with unpaid labor. She may be able to hire you as an on-call/part time employee, just coming in a few days a month to help out and learn a bit about grooming. If not the local shelter will be more able to accomodate volunteer work in this area. Those dogs sure need a good bath and brush (or clip down) and it is great practice.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Diesel, Apr 15 6:06 am

Grooming > New show on Animal Planet
Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 9:24pm PST 
Sounds like it could just be a ratings ploy to get everyone to tune in and see. Hopefully nothing was done to intentionally hurt a dog, for now we will just have to wait and see. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sparky, Apr 14 11:03 pm

Grooming > matted puppy

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 9:02pm PST 
Try to get him in ASAP. He is young and we don't want him to learn that grooming is painful/uncomfortable by letting him get too full of mats. The transition to adult coat is a very difficult time in terms of maintenance. Depending on your pup's coat condition and tolerance I would be prepared to go a little shorter for this trim. Too much dematting on a first/second visit is not good for puppy training in my opinion, especially if they have no tolerance (not to say yours doesn't but I don't know the pup so I am just speaking in general here).

As for at home care, you need to be using a comb as well. Using a brush alone is not sufficient for the adult hair (you will need a slicker brush and a medium/fine tooth comb).
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Apr 23 2:54 pm

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 8:58pm PST 
Oh yes, as for the butt sniffing shrug I can only guess that it was a bathing challenge? I have sniffed feet and ears and faces, etc. to make sure they are 100% especially if the dog came in extra dirty/stinky.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sparky, Apr 14 11:03 pm

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 8:55pm PST 
Opal you can purchase the model yarn dogs from Barkleigh or petedge.com. I believe Ryan's Pet Supplies carries them as well. I will warn you they are about $120 a piece though.

Did not get to watch the show as I was not home at the time but I did get to meet/see some of the groomers from the show in action at Intergroom. Some of these groomers are very talented and I can only aspire to be where they are later on.

and Rudy, accidents DO happen. We have tools that are sharp enough to cut hair that we are using on moving dogs. Certainly we take every precaution but things can and do sometimes happen. Please try not to wish bad things on people for something that we know nothing about. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sparky, Apr 14 11:03 pm

Bluebell &- Azra

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '08 9:14pm PST 
Well it didn't rain and we did all right. smile We didn't place but that was to be expected, my fiancee reckeons I would have been 5th shrug It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one to come around. blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Bluebell & Azra, Apr 14 8:37 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.