Postings by Ginger - rest in peace

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Get Well Soon > Lucky and his Back
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Sun May 30, '10 9:34pm PST 
Hi, I hope Lucky is feeling better. I've had quite a bit of experience with dachshund backs. Over the past many years I've had two that required surgery and one that needs to be crated a couple times a year. Dodgerslist.com is the best source of information and resources that I have found. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger - rest in peace , May 30 9:34 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > sardines
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 6:17pm PST 
We LOVE sardines!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 11 11:58 am

Get Well Soon > Anal Glands

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 6:12pm PST 
We have ours emptied by the vet every 3-4 months. Groomers do it too but we think the vet's technique may be less irritating. One member of our family had a full anal gland perforate and developed a serious infection. Our poop is nice and firm. It seems to affect some dogs more than others.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chili-hotdog, hold the onions,, Oct 12 1:38 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Best Friends Animal Society asks HSUS to change their policy on resued "Pit Bulls"

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 9:43pm PST 
I hope the Best Friends Society is able to help HSUS re-evaluate their position. I am a supporter of both organizations. HSUS did an amazing job of increasing awareness of the treatment of farm animals here in California. Their TV spots really exposed factory farming and helped get a bill passes to improve conditions.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Daddy, Feb 23 1:07 pm

Get Well Soon > Hi my name is Roxy and I eat everything and now im sick, I need help!!

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '08 12:46am PST 
Definitely see a vet. Thanks, Hershey, for the assistance links.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Finn (Karvale Brookhaven Finn , Oct 29 8:37 am

Get Well Soon > Slipped Disc
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '07 10:39pm PST 
Oh My!!! It sounds like your vet hasn't given you the information you need. We dachshunds are very prone to herniated discs and subsequently at risk of paralysis. In fact, I have had some problems and Roxy had surgery. Time is critical!! A fast response can save us from paralysis. A complete neurological assessment should be done. If available, I would suggest you see a neurologist or neurosurgeon. The treatment depends on the severity of the herniation. In many cases, predisone plus crating is enough. No jumping, no stairs! Sometimes surgery is indicated. Please check dodgerslist.com Good Luck!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger - rest in peace , Nov 9 10:39 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > LAST CHANCE to help Stu- dog in isolation for 2 years- by Monday!

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 10:42am PST 
Grace, is there anything we can do to help Stu get out? Maybe e-mails to Ed Boks or something?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by The Brew City Pitties, Feb 1 6:42 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > \"Redemption\" the book HSUS, ASPCA, and PeTA are hoping you don\'t read this year

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 10:13am PST 
I ordered Redemption from Barnes and Noble and it should be arriving today. BTW, I no longer use Amazon due to their sales of cock-fighting magazines (it is discussed in another thread). Anyway, speaking of pet overpopulation, my elderly neighbor was given an abandoned kitty by her grandson. She wants to do the right thing and get her spayed as soon as possible. She contacted several vets in the area and they all wanted over $300! She didn't know about low-cost clinics so I gave her a list. I don't think most people know what to do in so many situations. For instance, lots of people don't even know there are rescue groups.
[notify]
» There has since been 51 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 10:31 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > \"Redemption\" the book HSUS, ASPCA, and PeTA are hoping you don\'t read this year

Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '07 3:47pm PST 
I googled Nathan Winograd which led me to this site: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org
Very exciting stuff!
[notify]
» There has since been 67 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 10:31 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Million Dog March!
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 8:33pm PST 
Speaking of BSL. Did you know that the American Pit Bull scores higher on temperament testing than the golden retriever?

http://www.atts.org/stats1.html
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by The Beaglesworth Bunch, Sep 14 10:49 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.