Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 2:58am PST 
hug Love, you're forever in our hearts.
[notify]
» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 12:03 pm

Raw Food Diet > Veggies
Moxie

Vertically- challenged hound- dog

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 6:32am PST 
Cooking does not always destroy the nutrient value in vegis, and while decreasing certain vitamins can actually increase other vitamins.

The real game is all about availability as some have said, even if the raw form was more nutritious, if the vitamins are unavailable to the body in that form, it is irrelevant.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moxie, May 29 6:32 am

Raw Food Diet > How to get your dog to eat pumkin?

Moxie

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 6:06am PST 
If soft poop is a concern, I'd definitely stay away from salt, as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 30 7:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > To true raw and doggie smell

Moxie

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 5:58am PST 
It was never so much odor with Moxie, more oily coat, which she no longer gets on raw either... just every now and then, with her coat so thick, she gets so much grit in her coat she still needs a bath on occasion.

wink
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Byron, May 29 12:40 pm

Food & Nutrition > Natural Approaches to Feeding the Dog

Moxie

Barked: Wed Apr 15, '09 3:00pm PST 
hamster dance Sweet!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moxie, Apr 15 3:00 pm

Food & Nutrition > whats up with weird new treats?
Moxie

Barked: Fri Mar 13, '09 5:01pm PST 
shh That's because dog's don't know it's not bacon!

(BOL)

I agree, the more in-tact and natural, the better. And often, the longer lasting, which is really a good thing!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Otis, Mar 15 11:42 am

Raw Food Diet > allergic to red meat?

Moxie

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 5:15pm PST 
I prep a month to 6 weeks worth of food at a time... take a few hours on a day and portion and/or prep everything and portion into bagies, then freeze. Then just take bagies out of the freezer as needed a day or two at a time. Total prep time for 6 weeks worth of food, 3-4 hours.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Layla, Mar 6 11:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Any Ohio raw feeders?

Moxie

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 11:56am PST 
wave Kent area here! (And mum's a Kent State grad party )
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Layla, Mar 4 2:20 pm

Raw Food Diet > Are We Sure They Are 100% Carnivore?

Moxie

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '09 10:51am PST 
Continuing on with your thought Momo (and I'm agreeing with you)... I think the main thing to consider is not only if fruits, veg, etc are necessary, but more importantly digestible! I believe there are many things a dog would eat (fruit, veg, etc) because it would in fact fill their tummy. These may not however be particularly digestible for them and provide little or no benefit. Just because a dog is classified as a carnivore doesn't mean the animal absolutely will not eat anything but meat, though meat is the primary nutritional and digestible component of the diet.

There is also new research that suggests wolves may more typically split open the stomach and spread the contents out, not eating much of the actual partially digested material. I hope research continues on wolf behavior and it furthermore helps shed light on our domestic pups!
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jan 30 3:18 am

Food & Nutrition > Food Survey - What do you do?
Moxie

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 4:09pm PST 
1. What is your breed, age and gender?

Cardigan Welsh Corgi, 3, Female

2. What type of food do you eat? (kibble, canned, kibble and canned, home-cooked, raw, combination)

Raw (Prey Model)

3. Have you experience a health problem that required a diet change? Was it a long term or short term change?

Nope

4. Excluding special diets for medical reasons, have you ever made a major diet change? If so why? (switched from commercial to home prepared or vice versa; invested in a higher quality of food or commercial raw like NV or primal, started a rotation diet, etc.).

Well, we went from "breeder recommended" kibble (Diamond Lamb and Rice) to Premium Kibbles and Cans... to Raw. That's where research lead me, through knowing nothing, to everything I know now!

5. Do you get annual wellness checks at the vet? Do you get annual blood panels, feces and urine checks?

Yes, although not a blood panel thus far, yes for fecal. We are in search of a new vet...

6. What are your thoughts on the relationship between the diet you choose and the health (or absence of illness/disease) in your dog?

Again, we believe there is a direct correlation.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Micah, Dec 10 9:55 am

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.