Postings by Hermione

GO!

Tibetan Spaniel > Tibbie fan here!

Hermione

"I LOVE company"

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 8:20pm PST 
I am so glad that Potter is a laid back fellow because he just ignores her when she gets upset. (They are both fixed as I would not have a dog that wasn't) Potter, unfortunatly is almost 13 and our vet is telling us that he will probably not be with us much longer as he is starting to deteriorate fairly fast. So we are trying to prepare ourselves. Isn't easy.

I am so glad that I do not have your problem. Hermione is a scaredy cat I guess because she has never tried to get out. Even if the front door is open for some reason she just stands and looks out. She is also really good about coming when called but she has never gotten out of the house/yard (without being on a leash) so I don''t know how she would be if she ever did get out.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Missie, Aug 8 9:48 am

Tibetan Spaniel > Tibbie fan here!
Hermione

"I LOVE company"

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '07 8:43pm PST 
I too am a Tibbie fan. They one of the funniest dogs I've seen. Other than my Tibbie having a not-to-common panreatic enzyme defiecency disorder, (which is usually a hereditary problems in German Shepherds) the only other problem I have had with her is that every now and then, she will get sooo upset over things that usually don't bother her and she will attack our other dog, a 110 pound Lab. Usually it is when there is another dog running lose around our neighborhood or if she thinks Potter (or Lab) is getting to close to her food. (She does have problems here because she has to wait 15 for her food while her medicine starts working in her food) Have you have any problems with your little one acting out? Other than that she is as sweet as can be. (She was a stray so we don't know what her living conditions were before we got her at about 6 mons. old.)
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Missie, Aug 8 9:48 am

Dog Health > Please Help Toby can't walk!

Hermione

"I LOVE company"

Barked: Thu Jan 18, '07 7:47pm PST 
We also have a 110 lb. lab that is almost 13 years old and has hip problems. To get him to the vet, we have an old folding door that we make a ramp for him. We use our sons old van and put the door with the slightest incline we can, put a rubber backed long runner rug on it so he doesn't slip (we have to use these in the kitchen because he slips very easily on slick floors) and we gently guide him up, and out, of the van. He has very little trouble this way. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by The Roo Crew™ ©®, Jan 24 9:10 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.