Postings by Sienna, NPC, CGC

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

American Staffordshire Terrier > help with renting
Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 12:42pm PST 
We have to move and do not have the money to buy a place yet (hopefully soon). So we must rent for at least a year. We need some tips on getting people to rent to us because Sienna is part staffie. We have had her DNA tested and she's only 25% staffordshire but looks like a small pit bull. She's got her CGC and she's 11 years old. I mean, hardley a threat. I can get character references for her. But for a lot of people it's the insurance companies. I need ideas for how to get around this and get a place that she'll be allowed! She's the sweetest dog!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Laika, Sep 4 11:27 pm

American Staffordshire Terrier > Pit Bulls MUST be AKC registered to be American Staffordshires
Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 12:39pm PST 
My dog was told she is a pit bull but we got her DNA tested and she's at least 25% or more staffordshire terrier. There is no test for pit bull.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Xx Sabrina Selene xX, Feb 11 7:16 am

Choosing the Right Dog > How can I get people to look past my appearance??

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 12:37pm PST 
I would say for sure work on good training skills. If you can get a CGC (canine good citizenship) that would help a lot. You can get badges to wear for that too.

Mom likes to dress me in pink which softens my image a bit. When I was younger people thought I was meaner because I pulled on my leash. When I learned to listen well people never assume I'm a bad dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Dec 21 1:07 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > dog left to die in snowsnow needs home (NY)

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 2:45pm PST 
saw this on a blog and I am passing it along.

"This morning, as a buddy of mine drove to work via the Williamsburg Bridge, he noticed something: a small gray dog chained to the pedestrian walkway, shivering, completely drenched and half-frozen. As you probably heard, New York had a very big snow storm last night; we’re almost certain her owners left her out in it overnight to die."
read more:
http://www.scoutingny.com/?p=3358
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tanuk CGC , Jan 14 4:16 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Questions about rescues!

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Wed Sep 15, '10 9:40pm PST 
I'm pretty sure I've seen deaf pitties on the Best Friends site. Worth a try.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Raine (Deaf) *adopted!*, Sep 20 1:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Border Collie in SWFL (Fort Myers, FL) needs a new home
Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Sun Sep 12, '10 7:45pm PST 
Why can't you take your dogs with you? Sadly this is the reason so many dogs are put to sleep. Don't trust your friends to be able to keep them permanently. I saw a pup at the shelter who had been given to them after friends moved and they gave up the dog after just a month. You have a CHOICE whether to move somewhere that allows dogs or not and the responsible thing to do is NOT move there if your dog(s) can't come.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sienna, NPC, CGC, Sep 12 7:45 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > how to get over it

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Sun Sep 12, '10 7:41pm PST 
We were looking for the type of dog that probably wasn't the best for us, so this foster was a blessing in disguise! Problem is it is so hard to try to judge a dog in just a few minutes of meeting them. Going with an organization who could give us more info and just trusting them to know us was the best idea.

We are going to adopt our foster, hopefully will be settled this week and then going to make a dogster page for her.big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zooey, CGC, Sep 16 8:42 am

Behavior & Training > Still afraid of the clicker...

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Sat Sep 4, '10 9:13pm PST 
our foster is scared of the clicker too. i will try the pen cap. great idea!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Angel, Sep 6 5:21 pm

Behavior & Training > Owners of fearful dogs: Is it a relief for you when you meet someone who has a fearful dog too?

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Thu Sep 2, '10 10:05pm PST 
I haven't had a skittish dog but I never assume all dogs are friendly. I have watched skittish dogs and you have to be careful. We have a foster now who has lots of fears so I get it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC, Sep 3 8:06 am

Grooming > Fur Care 101: need help!
Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Thu Sep 2, '10 10:04pm PST 
great ideas! I asked the groomer at petco for advice on which brush to get. So far she likes being combed so I am doing a bit each day.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Samoa SunnyBear Bell, Sep 16 6:42 am

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.