Postings by Savannah Blue Belle

GO!

(Page 1 of 390: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Small, Quiet low shedder...
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '14 9:38am PST 
not to mention adorable beyond words! I was actually thinking of a Cav for friend number two...the freckle fancier!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '14 6:37am PST 
yeah, they love the little monkey face! Since they had a mini schnauzer, I think they are okay with grooming and a little hair. Just don't think they want a long haired critter. And hubby thinks Tzu's are girly. Not MY statement, his. So.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 8:11am PST 
This is Hope Anne from the rescue I got our Cookie from. She is a beagle/spaniel mix. Her description sounds like a good fit. And she likes cats!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 6:40am PST 
Thanks Sandy. I think a Tzu might be too hairy.

And Jewel - from what I can tell what my other friend likes about beagles are the freckles. She hasn't got a fenced yard and she isn't sure about "baying" which is gonna be an issue with beagles. And she has cats.

I'm sure I can direct her to a freckled dog that might work better than a wanderlust filled, baying beagle.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 1:41pm PST 
Now I have another friend who thinks she wants to adopt a beagle. However...though she is a great person, I think she doesn't know what she is getting into. Will try to persuade her otherwise.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Behavior & Training > Pitbull-Cockapoo pup.. behavior?
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 12:38pm PST 
No. It seems to me the sites you ended up on are for those who think owning a pit makes them a gangsta, and that is what they want.

I think the ordinary level of precaution that you would take with any dog that MIGHT be slightly DA...in fact with any dog at all...should suffice.

You will grow to know the dog and its quirks and learn to set boundaries as needed. I don't have a pitbull myself, but don't see any reason why a dog which MIGHT have some in its mix (in fact most "mutts" do) should be any different to raise than any other dog.

Pit Bull owners, and those experience will weigh in, I am sure.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 2:21 pm

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 12:25pm PST 
friends reacted positively - and they have friends in the town little Coco is fostering in, so no problem with travelling for the meet. They are applying!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 9:38am PST 
Passing the info. on this little darling on! Coco (in VA at National Brussels Griffon Rescue)
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 9:33am PST 
will look into it. thanks...I know people have said good things about the Italian Greyhound, but they always look so delicate to me. That might do for them, as I am prone to large slobbering creatures.

so not the best judge.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 6:16am PST 
For some friends who are interested in adopting a rescue. But what breed would be best? In the past they have had a miniature schnauzer. They have asked me for advice and I can help them find a rescue, but need some advice on what sort of dog - since my own pack tends to be large, noisy and hairy. So if you could give me some direction...
The friends are reasonably active, into sailing and hiking. So agile and seaworthy might also factor in...
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Button, Thu 10:05 am

(Page 1 of 390: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.