Postings by Macy

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Behavior & Training > So weird...?
Macy

Back Off! I- really don't- like strangers!

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 6:42pm PST 
Macy's kinda like that, too. If I just shift positions she'll jump up like she anticipates me going somewhere or something. Or if she's under my feet at the computer and I shift my chair back she runs out like there's something after her. I finally just accepted it as part of her personality and mostly try to ignore it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Macy, Nov 21 6:42 pm

Dog Health > Nail length--how long is too long and the science behind it . . .
Macy

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 11:57am PST 
Macy must walk further back on her feet than most. Lots of people say their dog's nails wear down from walking on pavement. Not hers. I gotta trim or dremel them no matter how much we walk (often 20+ miles a week). Also, I hear her "tap dancing" no matter how short the nails. Her pads are hard enough to tap even if her nails don't.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ember, Sep 22 9:18 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Omg... seriously?

Macy

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 11:43am PST 
Tried the DNA testing (Wisdom Panel) and I'm doubtful enough about the results, even after they singled it out and ran additional tests with different results, that whenever someone asks I just tell them she's "just a dog." Get lots of guesses on what breeds she might be, but I really don't care! So if you meet me somewhere, go ahead and guess. I figure you'll be at least as close as the DNA test Unless you're like the little kid at the park that told his friend she was a poodle or the one who asked if she was a Yorkie (huh?).
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Charlie Chaplin, Aug 1 1:03 pm

Behavior & Training > I screwed up bad

Macy

Barked: Sun Mar 31, '13 3:19pm PST 
Conventional fences may be preferable, but they're not always possible. I've used an underground fence now for about 8 years. My DH will not even consider a "real" fence around our back yard. It may not be the best solution, but it's worked for us!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lenny, Mar 31 9:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Is Your Dog a Protection Dog?

Macy

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 11:28am PST 
Nobody is likely to come in our house uninvited! We've had 2 different ppl say she sound like a rotweiler if you knock on the door when we're gone, and she weighs under 30 lbs. Even when my daughter came by to check on her when we had to make an emergency trip 3 hours away, she had to sweet talk her way in. And while she's never actually bitten a visitor I do believe she's capable!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Murphy, Mar 24 1:30 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > DNA test cannot possibly be right...
Macy

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 8:11am PST 
I tried the Wisdom Panel with Macy. The results came back rat terrier/Russell terrier cross. I just couldn't see that so contacted them and they ran it again. That time the results showed 1/2 Russell terrier and 1/4 each Siberian husky and beagle. Don't know if the shelter where she was adopted had actual info (she was a surrender) or just went on appearance, but they had her listed as a Sheltie mix. Her appearance and coat type look more like a Sheltie. Guess her actual breed will forever be a mystery!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Theo, Dec 15 6:16 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Scruffy's Wisdom Panel results!!

Macy

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:31pm PST 
Actually, if you're totally in doubt or know for sure the results are off you can contact them and they run the results again manually instead of just using their computer program. Not that the results are likely to be more accurate! According to Macy's appearance (or based on previous owner's info, not really sure which) the shelter had her listed as a sheltie mix. The 1st set of Wisdom Panel results was 1/2 rat terrier, 1/2 Russell terrier. I questioned that as too many characteristics of the 2 just don't fit. They rechecked and came up with Siberian husky & beagle on one side and Russell terrier on the other. Maybe…she does have a thick double coat. Still looks more like the sheltie the animal shelter called her. Guess we'll never know and it was interesting to try it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scruffy, Aug 22 7:26 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Does anyone speak Dutch?

Macy

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 1:30pm PST 
Actually the Dutch language (Nederlandse) is similar to German (Duetch), but not the same. I lived in Holland for a year in the late 70's. Back then I might have been able to translate, but it's just been too long! I 2nd the suggestion of using Google translator. It may not be exact, but it's pretty accurate.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Macy, Jul 7 1:30 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > What does YOUR dog get mistaken for that makes you wanna Laugh?...

Macy

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 1:33pm PST 
I had one man ask on 2 different occasions if Macy was a Corgi. No…her legs are waaaay to long for that! I heard one little boy tell a friend that he thought she was a poodle (huh?). And then there was a teenager who asked if she was a yorkie!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 8:47 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Someone called the cops
Macy

Barked: Sat May 12, '12 11:59am PST 
Yes, my dog is my companion! If I need to run by the store after we go to the park to walk she waits in the truck. She's comfortable with it and so am I. Sometimes if DH and I are out and one of us needs an item or two from a store, the other might wait in the truck, and we're companions too! We live several miles from town and it's just not convenient to take Macy (or Hubby) home then go back to the store for just an item or two. I've even been known to set the parking brake and leave the truck running with the a/c on.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, May 21 6:51 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.