Postings by Sir Bailey Bowzer, NPC

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogs & Travel > DO YOUR DOGS GO ON HOLIDAY WITH YOU?
Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '07 11:28am PST 
At the risk of getting angry barks from others, I've never gone on vacation with my people. I hate strange places and strange people, I don't like car rides in the least, and my people will NOT check me on an airplane, ever, for fear of what would happen to me. They've heard way too many horror stories about airlines and pets who were never seen again after flying. They think a vacation would be far too scary for me. So I just stay behind at a familiar kennel (even my old people took me there to be groomed, so I know the place well) while my people go on vacations.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Vinny, Aug 9 10:44 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Imeen is even worse....................
Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '07 9:59am PST 
Yes, there are more sites!

hotget.com is good. So is mp3raid.com. Neither of them work with FireFox, though. Last.fm is okay, but I have a hard time figuring it out. You also need an account, and some of its stuff has started to 30-second too. My favorite is projectplaylist.com, because you can make a long playlist that actually works with FireFox. You have to make a account but that's okay, because it works great. The codes are kind of long but for most pups that shouldn't be a problem. If you want to see what their stuff looks like, go to my cat sister CB's page, the rest of our playlists aren't done yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Crazy Daisy ♥, Jul 16 10:01 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Question for all former Plus pups

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '07 9:45am PST 
I had Plus for a year and I loved it. I didn't buy it, however, it was anonymously gifted to me. It might even have been from a Catster cat, I don't know. So I always knew I was really living on borrowed time with Plus, and I wasn't at all surprised when I reverted back to non-Plus yesterday. My humans won't let me renew my subscription (hmph!) so that is probably the end of my Plus days.

Anyway, now to the question. What happens to all your stuff when your Plus subscription ends? I still have all my photos and biofield stuff as far as I can tell but I'm so afraid to do or change anything in case my other biofields get suddenly taken away or my photos get chopped back to ten again. If I get my pictures chopped back to ten, will I get to pick which ten I can keep? Will I be able to save the stuff from my other biofields before they suddenly disappear? What's the new biofield character limit? There have been lots of changes to what's Plus-only and what's the norm since I got Plus so I really have no idea what's going on with anything. I know I must sound stupid, but I'm just kind of lost. Help!

EDIT: I've been sniffing around some more. My frames and captions are gone but I expected that. I still have IM so I guess that became available to non-Plus pups too. It says I still have rosettes to give away, are those just there because I have 35 zealies or because I got my last rosette ration? I'm confused... thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 12:50 am

Dog Health > micro chipped dogs

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '07 9:24am PST 
Shelby- You can transfer microchip info. All that's on a microchip is a number that leads to info in some huge directory, and what's in that directory can be changed, the number just can't. So apparently whoever invented pet microchips thought about what would happen if a dog moved to a new town or was given to a new family in advance. My microchip used to be in my old family's name but Mommy got it transferred to her name and her info.

Fancy- collars work well too, but the thing is, collars can come off. You can lose your collar quite easily if it gets caught on something, or you can slip out of it if you loosen it somehow. This is especially true for breakaway collars. A collar is always a good first option (microchips are usually only used if there isn't a collar) but if you lose it a microchip would be a huge help.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nikki aka 'Eyes to the Soul', Aug 2 4:12 pm

Dog Health > micro chipped dogs

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '07 11:43am PST 
I was microchipped a long time ago, right after my old people got me as a little pup. I think I got it with the neutering, but I'm not sure. It really is useful, because collars can come off but the microchip never will, so if I was ever to run off (which will hopefully never happen again- I already had my one great escape more than a year ago, and they caught me before I left the neighboorhood) and somehow lose my collar, whoever found me could still get me back home through the info on the microchip.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Nikki aka 'Eyes to the Soul', Aug 2 4:12 pm

What I Love About Dogster > A few Dogster observations
Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '07 2:51pm PST 
Yeah- I love page decorating, and I won't hide it, but overflashy pages get on my nerves. I try to keep everything legible and unobtrusive. Some of my pet peeves are:
- One pup I saw once had yellow text on a light background. I almost pulled an eye muscle trying to read that one.
- Glitter backgrounds that go behind the text. The constant flashy-blinky-sparkly stuff under the words make things totally hard to read. Also, I know from experience it's near impossible to find a font color that works with glitter backgrounds.
- Really really bright color pages. Neon yellow background+really bright red text+green sparkle cursor+really orange shoutbox=owch.

OK, thanks for letting me rant...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by rocky, Jul 7 6:06 pm

Dogster Video > How can I add an \"unsupported\" video?

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '07 4:59pm PST 
All my movies are in .3g2, or something like that, I think. That's a Quicktime format. It says those are accepted, but it won't work uploading for me. I've given up. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Jun 29 5:07 pm

What I Love About Dogster > Dogster Night Owls, past 11:00PM?

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '07 4:56pm PST 
Depends whether it means my time (EST) or Dogster time. On Dogster time I've never been on past 8:00 pm, but on my time, I've ben online until 1:00 am before!
[notify]
» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by Natcho, Feb 15 9:26 am

Choosing the Right Dog > HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?

Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Mon May 28, '07 9:12am PST 
My old owners bought me for $3,000. I was expensive because of my bloodline and markings and all that. However, when they decided they didn't want me after all, they gave me to my new family for free- I guess they didn't think I was worth anything any more.
[notify]
» There has since been 176 posts. Last posting by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011), Aug 23 7:51 pm

Dogster Diaries > Should I rename my diary?
Sir Bailey- Bowzer, NPC

I'm bigger than- I look.

Barked: Sat May 26, '07 11:33am PST 
Well, I don't know if I can elaborate it much more than the title says. My diary is called Life in the Doghouse, and the more I look at it, the more I think I could do something a little better. Read my latest diary entry if you want the full scoop.

What do you think?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 26 11:44 am

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.