Postings by Princess Buttercup

GO!

Dog Health > My puppy is going to die

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 9:14pm PST 
Oh my....I'm so very sorry that this is happening to you.
You are so beautiful and your journal entry is very touching.

I can not imagine what you and your parents must be going through.

I wish there were words that could help to soothe your emotions.

:'(
[notify]
» There has since been 133 posts. Last posting by Hannah, Jan 31 11:05 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > PETA killing pets
Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 2:42pm PST 
I undestand your opinion as well, glad we could sort it out smile lol
[notify]
» There has since been 65 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 23 11:31 am

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 2:17pm PST 
I don't believe in an "eye for an eye" when the retaliation hurts another living creature (human, etc).

There are laws to protect the animals, and ALF cells targets those scientists, farmers, etc who break the law (leaving animals suffering too long, leaving animals out in harsh weather in tiny unclean cages, etc).

Without destroying equipment and buildings (and not killing anything), what else gets through to the scientists and administrators? A little protest outside with signs?
Very doubtful that would make them change their minds.

I do believe you that your lab was kinder than most, which is probably why that Uni has yet to be targeted.

How are the rats doing?

P.S. I do support scientific research, but when do we know we've gone too far?
[notify]
» There has since been 67 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 23 11:31 am

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 1:50pm PST 
Tracker CGC

I didn't say PETA didn't support 'them', but PETA giving money to people who have been caught is different than PETA funding all ALF cell's in their activities.

See, you can call yourself an ALF member just by rescuing animals, but that doesn't mean you agree with PETA or are friends with the leader's who helped out some convicted guy that you never met.

I also don't see what makes their actions any worse then what the scientists and workers are putting animals through each and every agonizing day (since ALF members find homes/vet services for all rescued animals).

As I said before, they do not operate the way PETA operates.

"As for myself, I do not believe in loggers, I believe in trees. I do not believe in fishermen, I believe in fish. I do not believe in miners, I believe in the rocks beneath my feet. I do not believe in pie in the sky spirituality, I believe in rainbows, rivers, mountains, and moss. I do not believe in environmentalists, I believe in the environment. I am a proud traitor to my species in alliance with my mother the Earth in opposition to those who would destroy her, those parasites who believe the Earth is here to serve human interests." --Paul Watson

http://www.seashepherd.org/
[notify]
» There has since been 70 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 23 11:31 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > The Case Against Shelter Euthanasia

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 10:02am PST 
I live in San Antonio, Texas and we have the highest rate of animals being put to death every year in the entire nation.

They've been gassing all animals that go into the shelter, just minutes after they arrive. They never wait for owners to pick up the animals, and have told most owners who call, "Oh, we just put them down."

I'm against euthanasia in the shelters, unless the animal has just completely gone mad.

We've rescued so many stray animals that probably would have been gassed, I can't even imagine them not being here.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cinco, Apr 4 4:23 pm

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 9:47am PST 
The people who destroy animal testing labs do not kill animals or people (that's their most forced rule). Each individual cell's main goal is to protect the animals that are being tortured and overbred at these labs. They destroy the equipment because the scientists can just buy more animals from people who steal pets from backyards.

They are called ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and they do not operate the way PETA operates. ALF cells are formed by people who love animals (and own pets) getting together sometimes only in groups of three with the intent on rescuing all animals that are being treated inhumanely.
[notify]
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 23 11:31 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > True or False Game!

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Mon Apr 3, '06 9:18am PST 
False

You have a pink harness.
[notify]
» There has since been 3804 posts. Last posting by Shy, Jul 3 4:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Best Method to Teach Your Dog to Come!!!

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Sun Apr 2, '06 6:43pm PST 
Ahh, I'm having the same problem (then again, she's only 3 months).

Hopefully your method works, I'd like to try it!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Skye, Apr 4 12:52 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > anyone from Texas?

Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Sun Apr 2, '06 9:10am PST 
Has anyone also tried MeetUp.com?

I found a Chihuahua group in San Antonio that has a lot of active members. http://chihuahua.meetup.com/90/
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Apr 16 6:54 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > anyone from Texas?
Princess- Buttercup

I'm a kitty cat

Barked: Sat Apr 1, '06 4:43am PST 
Hey everyone! We're in San Antonio/Castroville as well, and we travel to North East, Texas (Texarkana/Queen City) sometimes.

Glad to know there are alot of Texans here!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Apr 16 6:54 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.