Postings by Maggie

GO!

(Page 1 of 96: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Dogs > Old Dog comments
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sat Feb 22, '14 10:44am PST 
In my breed being old is a huge deal. I think anyone with a Berner would be more than happy to hear an "old dog" comment.

So rather than be hurt by those comments be proud and grateful that you have an older dog to enjoy time with.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Apr 6 9:58 am

Dog Health > Pre existing condition for insurance
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Thu Feb 20, '14 8:45pm PST 
Nope. If its pre-existing, even with a tentative diagnosis, there is no way around it. You need to provide insurance companies with all vet records in order to get coverage. Hiding records or giving false information is fraud, plain and simple.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pharaoh (In Memory), Feb 26 8:19 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Suggest me a breed

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 4:22pm PST 
Then it sounds like you are looking for another dachshund wink
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Caledonia, Jan 28 9:59 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Suggest me a breed

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 8:06am PST 
Most of the dogs I can think of that are one person dogs may also not be great with kids, especially a concern if you have kids coming and going from your house. Loyal and one person are also very different concepts. I think most dogs are loyal to their family, even if they are not one person dogs.

By "intelligent" I am going to assume that you mean "biddable" as there is a difference between the two and when most people say intelligent what they really mean is biddable.

My list is of dogs that you have already probably thought. There is a reason that some breeds have stood the test of time when it comes to popular family dogs. So based on what you are looking for, here is what I suggest:

Labrador Retriever - has all the qualities you want except the one person/watch dog/shedding.
Golden Retriever - same as above but they can have a shorter lifespan.
Standard poodle - need regular grooming but other than that has all the qualities you are looking for.
For a smaller dog I would suggest a Pug - all around good dogs and if you keep the weight off them they can live a long, healthy life. They may not be swimmers though and you have to watch them in hot weather.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Caledonia, Jan 28 9:59 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Need help, new dog dont know what breed she is

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 1:08pm PST 
Contact your local animal shelters as wellin case someone has been checking their for her. I am sure there is someone out there who is really missing their puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 4:29 pm

Small Dogs > I am a show dog
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 7:40pm PST 
Do you live outside the USA? Or is this with the IABCA?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Coffee, Nov 21 11:15 pm

Dog Health > Vulva issues (urgent help needed)

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 7:03pm PST 
I am trying to get a sense of what is going on. She has been having issues since May and you said she has been eating Nutrience for a few months. How long after starting the new food did she start having the problems you described? Is there anything else different that you can think of - yard/grass treatments, different bed or laundy soap, any different treats, trips to new places, a move? I am just thing to think of any change that may be causing a reaction like this.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Aug 1 12:15 am

Dog Health > Vulva issues (urgent help needed)

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 6:31pm PST 
What kind of food is cookie eating? This sounds like it may be a yeast issue which can be made worse with certain foods.
Has she had any problems with her ears (itchy, smelly, dirty looking)?

Also, I would not use bitter apple spray on her vulva. I'd she is already having issues, you do not want to compound them by spraying something there and I imagine it would not feel very good.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Aug 1 12:15 am

Dog Health > Can You Recommend a Cranberry Extract

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 2:48pm PST 
That's awesome, Toto! I'm glad it's working for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Billy, Jul 24 5:56 am

Dog Health > Can You Recommend a Cranberry Extract
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 1:58pm PST 
Cranimals Original

http://cranimal.com/original.html
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Billy, Jul 24 5:56 am

(Page 1 of 96: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.