Postings by Mordecai-Retired SD

GO!

(Page 1 of 72: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > What I wish I had known
Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Wed May 30, '12 4:17pm PST 
What I wish I'd know when I first started: that I didn't need to pay $50 for a "certification". At least I didn't fall for one of the $250 scams.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mordecai-Retired SD , May 30 4:17 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > A question about handler capabilities and capacity...kids vs. adults...
Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 1:04pm PST 
A child is not going to pick up dog poop. Asking a teacher to scoop poop is completely unreasonable. A dog sitting in the sandbox getting filthy. Keeping the other kids from feeding, disturbing, etc this dog. Is the dog going to run with the child while playing Red Rover or will the teacher be responsible for holding the leash?
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, May 1 5:38 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > SDIT and flying?

Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 10:40pm PST 
Nova and Harley are correct.

Some airlines will allow program trainers to bring the dog to their new handler's home. I don't knoe ehich airline's website said that but I did see it once.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mordecai-Retired SD , Apr 4 10:40 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Has your dog ever gotten sick in public?

Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 6:36pm PST 
Mordy got sick in public twice. Once was on the bus and I was lucky that the bus driver had paper towels and I cleaned it up. The next time it was at work and Mordy had diarrhea all over his bed. I put the dog bed cover in a plastic bag after rushing him outside to see if there was more. Then I took him into the rarely used upstairs bathroom and cleaned him up. He was due for a grooming so his fur was a bit long. He had a bath when we got home. My boss yelled at me for spending so much time away from my desk.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Brycone , Apr 3 3:28 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Knowing the rules?

Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 11:42am PST 
I visited a local zoo with my previous SD. We were not allowed into the petting zoo or the free flight cage. Areas like these are likely what this law is referring too. We had no problems in the rest of the zoo except that the spider monkeys were trying to mess with my dog.

I don't think allowing a SD into an area where the animals roam freely would be considered a reasonable accommodation nor would I go to that area with my SD.

A private zoo that is not open to the public is probably not covered by the ADA.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Holly, Mar 28 3:46 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > how long have you been using a service dog
Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '12 7:26pm PST 
Since 2007.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Brycone , Apr 10 12:49 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Etiquette- Laws vs. SD community

Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 9:54pm PST 
Sad to say, I've seen one too Voltaire.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Mar 19 3:42 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Do you use an "over the shoulder" leash?

Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 12:14pm PST 
The one that has worked for both of my dogs was from www.hearingimpaired.net
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Max-SD, Oct 5 1:42 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > For those of you who train to visit....

Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '11 5:06pm PST 
Isaiah, your Bible Study group can exclude a fully-trained TD. Handlers with TD don't have public access rights with TDs like those with SDs. And if your group is at your house of worship, then they can still disallow a SD. It took me a year to get my SD allowed at my synagogue.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 5 9:06 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Carolina Patriot Rovers: misrepresenting TDs as SDs for vets
Mordecai-Ret- ired SD

Missing my SD- friends!

Barked: Wed Jun 22, '11 1:30pm PST 
I'm glad to hear that they are finally get their stuff together!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Aug 3 1:52 pm

(Page 1 of 72: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.