GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Sports & Agility > Information on Tracking
Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 5:22pm PST 
Thanks Gio.
I was just looking for more infos on tracking.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 6:29 pm

Behavior & Training > Tracking...
Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 12:34pm PST 
I play "find Daddy" with Baba. He as a wonderfull nose and he takes this job very seriously!
Gio you explained it very well!
We usualy just play this game by ourselves with no real training.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Sep 13 7:51 pm

Puppy Place > My husband hates the dog HE bought me...

Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '07 9:13pm PST 
My boyfriend did this to me too. I went on hollidays for a week and he had the care of the pets. HE called me after 4 days and told me we had to get rid of the pyrenees. I was shocked. I wasn't even able to save them from the shelter. I talked to him on the phone telling him that he had no rights and no mean to remove my dogs from me. I told him that they were lifetime commitment and that there was no way to bring them back. I also reminded him that HE, only HIMSELF wanted the Pyrenees at the shelter.
At that time we had 4 dogs, now 6! He love all of them and he never mention again the need of getting rid of some of them. I try my best to not have him do all the work by handling 85% of it and I think he appreciate that he only have to chat with the pets and to have all the fun stuff!
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by Bunker, Aug 29 5:16 pm

Great Pyrenees > Double dew claw?

Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '07 1:12pm PST 
Can you take a picture of this so we can see? I'm not sure I understand what you mean...
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baba, Aug 8 1:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Will he ever go off-leash?

Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '07 8:47am PST 
I'd say to practice offleash in a big fenced area. I bring my pyrs off leash in a fenced area along the river. That's one of the only places I go offleash with them. Otherwise long lead is recomended. I use a 50' to 75' long line with knots into it so I can step on it and don't have my hand shafted by the rope burn.

Some dogs will go offleasah and some will never go. My Pyrs are a third offleash the rest on leash. Probably with a good recall he will eventually go but I don't think I would ever trust a dog that run away to be offleash in his life. maybe on his senior advanced years (some get slower!) but otherwise long lead or leashed if not in a fenced in area.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Beau, Aug 9 6:31 pm

Great Pyrenees > What do you feed your pyr?
Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '07 12:26pm PST 
I have been feeding Costco chicken and rice to my boys and recently have hadded 1/3 of Orijen into it. Hank is too lean he's almost skinny. I think he don't like his food.
I think Canidea is a good choice for your pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 1:57 pm

Great Pyrenees > Crating a Pyr

Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '07 12:24pm PST 
I don't know much about crate training a pyr since none of my boys needed it. I got Buddy at 8 yo and Baba and Hank at 10 mo. the youngsters lives outside but when inside I enclose them to the hallway or in the kitchen and they do fine. No destructiveness no nothing. They are just good boys!
Good luck in your crate training! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 9:21 am

Great Pyrenees > Pippin passed his Canine Good Citizen!

Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '07 12:21pm PST 
Way to go! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 2:16 pm

Great Pyrenees > Pyr potty training

Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '07 12:04pm PST 
How's Jack doing now?
I was lucky with my boys as they got it in one week even after being outside boys for almost a year.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bryn, Nov 8 9:14 pm

Dog Health > newfie lifespan
Baba

I'm going to get- ya

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 9:14pm PST 
I think most of us giant breeds that are looking about the same have about the same life expectency. Us too Pyrs are said to live 8-10 years and other places states up to 12. My brother Buddy is now 9 and he's quite full of puppy mischievness but he's slower. He's still in ver good health and happy boy. He just came back from the vet clean of everything which the vet though it was awsome for a dog his age.
If you take good care of him and feed him good quality food I guess some dogs can live up to many more time than what they are stated to.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kreuzer, Jul 19 10:34 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.