Postings by Paris-- CGC & Therapy Dog

GO!

(Page 1 of 71: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > I went to a new groomer and she recommended a grooming schedule
Paris-- CGC &- Therapy Dog

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 9:40pm PST 
We recommend to all of our clients that they get on a regular schedule, like other posters said, keeping regular appointments helps to prevent your groomer from having to do extra work dematting or shaving your dog due to going too long & getting matted. I also agree with telling your groomer if you want a certain style/cut even if its not "normal". I admit there are times I am kinda sad or giggle a little at how the owner wants the dog groomed. Sometimes I think the dog would look "better" or "cuter" in a different style, but in the end they aren't MY dog. Yes sometimes owners will chop on their dog and we deal with it, try to blend it out as best we can, but if the owner chops hair and its un-fixable then I guess they are the one who has to look at their dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Happy, Apr 11 9:45 pm

Raw Food Diet > Starting small breed (King Charles)

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 6:28pm PST 
Paris could handle game hens with ease at 5months. Shes 14lbs now & i still use game hens as her bone in meat
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Winston Miles, Jan 12 7:00 pm

Food & Nutrition > Losing weight? Help!

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 11:03pm PST 
Try giving him just a tad bit more per serving. Say you want to feed 1 cup 3xs/day. feed 1cup & 1/8th of a cup 2xs/day and see if he handles it ok, then sloowwly add more till hes at 1 1/2cups 2xs/day. Or like another poster commented feed him 3xs/day at home. once in AM, once right when he gets home, and once before bedtime.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chance, Oct 6 10:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > Coconut Oil

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 9:46pm PST 
When I gave my dogs coconut oil I got it from the natural food store.. I cant remember what it cost tho.. I need to get back into giving it to them, especially Marley as he gets dry skin easily in the winter.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by , Jan 10 9:42 am

Grooming > How to shorten quick?

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 9:48pm PST 
I have never used the frequent dremeling method but have heard of people who have used it with success. If she is fine with you dremeling her nails that often then I would try it smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kolbe, Sep 27 11:50 am

Grooming > I feel really bad . . .

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '11 8:11pm PST 
Pearl if you get a Les Pooch brush you would need a gold one. There are different brushes for different coat types. Im a groomer & have 4 Les Pooch brushes & use all 4 for different types of coats. I agree with other posters, just make it a set thing you do all of the time, so soon it will be something you are used to doing & you wont forget smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pearl Irene, Aug 17 3:53 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw on the job

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '11 7:59pm PST 
Im a dog groomer and have worked at two different vet clinics and at both locations they were aware I fed raw (Ive even boarded my dogs at the place I work now) I don't use Frontline or Heartgaurd but I do vaccinate my dogs. They both get Rabies every 3yrs and have gotten DHPP vacc in the past but next time I will pry see if I can get a titer done on them. I would just not talk about how you take care of your pets unless its brought up. As long as you are not trying to tell clients to feed something diff then the vet recommends or tell them they dont need certain vaccs I dont think your employers/coworkers will be that bothered by what YOU choose to do with YOUR pets.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Addie CL1 CL2 CL3 NAJ, Aug 17 2:15 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Do You Have A List?

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Fri Jul 8, '11 11:29pm PST 
I will always always have a Cavalier smile Ive worked "with" dogs for 9yrs now; boarding kennels, daycare & now grooming. So there are alot of breeds I previously thought I wanted to own that after meeting more of them I say NO WAY!! There are others that I like but know that I would not have the time to give them the training & exercise they need. That being said here is my list smile

Cavaliers!!
Chihuahua
Italian Greyhound
Papillon
Mini or Toy Poodle
French Bulldog
Basenji
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Akita
Alaskan Malamute
Samoyed
Newfoundland
Great Dane
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by holly, Jul 24 6:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > RAW diet for a Chihuahua

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 8:06pm PST 
I also have a 4 1/2lb Chi who eats raw and she eats cornish game hen for her bone-in meat. I have also gotten quail if I am visiting my dad as the town he lives in has a Asian food store. But she handles the game hens easily. Her teeth are super clean & no tear stains! She was eating kibble when I got her @ 1yr old and as she is mostly white you could really see her tear stains.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Paris-- CGC & Therapy Dog, Jun 24 8:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > How much does it cost to feed your dog under 10lbs a month?

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 8:53pm PST 
well I have almost 100lbs of dog (80lbs, 14lbs & 4 1/2lbs) and I feed them all raw at no more than $50 a month. I do have a small chest freezer.. but I get all of my food (except organs) at Walmart & local grocery stores. My organ grind I get from a place that processes cows/pigs & game meat for people. All 3 of my dogs eat in their crates, so no dragging food around smile
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Winnie Mae, Jun 11 10:18 am

(Page 1 of 71: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.