Postings by Lugar

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 7:51pm PST 
Thank you so much big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Snoopy AKA Nookers, Mar 7 12:46 am

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 2:13pm PST 
I was wondering if you were every able to finish Lugar's wings? Really missing him lately. Thanks! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Snoopy AKA Nookers, Mar 7 12:46 am

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 7:48pm PST 
Missing my boy Lugar. Could he have some wings? I can post other pictures too Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by Snoopy AKA Nookers, Mar 7 12:46 am

Dog Health > Dog is diagnosed with liver failure help

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Thu Aug 1, '13 3:17pm PST 
Hello,
I'm not sure how similar my story is but here goes:
I took my GSD to the vet because he was panting a lot. They said it was anxiety and we went home. 2 weeks later he was still panting and looked like he lost weight. We took him to another vet and they ran bloodwork. He had elevated white blood cells so she thought it was an upper respiratory infection. He got a steroid shot and antibiotics. For about 4 days he seemed great! Then he looked like he lost more weight and started walking goofy (all in a days time). I took him back in and they did xrays. He had so much fluid in his chest they couldn't see organs. They relieved the fluid (2 liters) and sent me to a cardiologist. The cardiologist did a ultrasound and found he was full of masses. I was devastated. 1 day short of a week later we had him put down frown.
I guess my point is..when it's cancer we usually don't know until it's really bad. Lugar had a lot more than 1 mass. The poor guys lungs and trachea were pushed up and to the side. I hope this isn't the case with your pup. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lugar, Aug 1 3:17 pm

Dog Health > Cancer Advice

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 4:17pm PST 
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately he now is swollen in the neck and chest. The vet says sometimes when the trachea is pushed upward, blood cannot drain. He was doing great Saturday at the vet and last night he barely slept. He was in good spirits today but his leg is now very swollen. Tomorrow we will be going to the vet and put him at rest. I wish he didn't have so much swelling, its hard for him to lay his head down to sleep. Even though he still eats as much, if not more, I can tell its time. Thanks for all of your thoughts.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:40 pm

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 6:32pm PST 
Well we attempted a tap today but no fluid came out, which is a good thing (his lungs still have room to expand). The vet said now it's just time to make him comfortable. He still has a pretty good appetite, of course for all of the goodies we are giving him that he normally doesn't get. I have started soaking his kibble since swallowing seems to annoy him. He is able to eat normally if the food is soggy. Thanks for all of your kind words. This is definitely a hard decision. We have decided to bring Gunnar along with us when it is time. He will really miss his best buddy. Maybe it will help him understand cry
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:40 pm

Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Thu Jul 4, '13 8:28am PST 
All the vets I have seen did not recommend further treatment due to the numerous amounts of masses. They said his entire chest is full of them and it is pushing his lungs to the side and his trachea upward. This morning he has lumps all over his neck, which were not there before. At this point, I feel that further treatment would just prolong his suffering.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:40 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.