Postings by Roxy

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > Loose poops on a young puppy switched to raw
Roxy

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 1:57pm PST 
I started my pit-mix on raw when she was a puppy. Puppies can take variety much better and easier than adults. I had her on chicken, pork, beef, pork hearts, beef hearts, duck, and a variety of organs within a month. You may want to add more variet. Variety is very important with the raw diet to ensure they are getting a good balance of nutrients.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roxy, Aug 14 1:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > How do i get my 11 month old pit bull to eat?
Roxy

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 1:48pm PST 
Maybe it's a pit-bull "thing". I had my 8mo pitty on Wellness Core, then my local petstore stopped carrying it, so I switched to Orijen. She would have nothing to do with it. Just a sniff and walk away. I gave her several days, then I gave in and found another petstore with Wellness Core. "sigh".
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Foxxy, Aug 15 5:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > What is your staple meat?

Roxy

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 8:07am PST 
Our staples are beef heart, pork heart, cheap beef roasts and pork roasts. Nothing ground.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Delta, Jun 28 1:48 pm

Puppy Place > First time puppy owner

Roxy

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 6:24am PST 
My Roxy is going to be spayed next week. They advised no playing, jumping romping etc. for 2 weeks after surgery. Maybe your Roxy just overdid it. I'm a big believer in crate training. Roxy was crated at night from the get go. Even though it was tough, I did not give her attention if she fussed about being in the crate. I didn't want to teach her that if she fussed, she would get attention. She only got attention when she was being calm and quiet. Rewarding the good behavior. I also gave her a stuffy, a soft blanket, and a hot water bottle - but be careful with the hot water bottle. Roxy chewed a hole in hers and soaked her crate!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roxy, May 15 6:24 am

Puppy Place > Teething Help

Roxy

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 6:18am PST 
I stuffed Roxy's kong and froze it overnight. Seemed to help with sore gums. I also sprayed everything she shouldn't chew on with bitter apple spray. She demolished my wicker hamper before I discovered that spray.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roxy, May 15 6:18 am

Raw Food Diet > Do you always keep watch?
Roxy

Barked: Mon May 13, '13 8:43am PST 
I don't necessarily stare at them while they eat, but I am in the same room (kitchen) with them. My computer desk is there so I'll be on it reading the news or something, but I never leave them. They only get something big and complicated if I'm going to be in the kitchen for awhile.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bullie, May 15 7:35 am

Raw Food Diet > raw becoming more popular?

Roxy

Barked: Fri May 10, '13 10:05am PST 
Yep, that is the group I was talking about on Facebook. The admin is constantly telling people to "read the files". They are a tough group and I rarely post there - mostly lurk to see if I can learn something new. I will have to check out the Raw Feeding Friends group.
But either way, I'm just thrilled that more and more people are going the way of raw - whether it be prey model, barf, or any other modified version. Anything is better than kibble.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roxy, May 10 10:05 am

Raw Food Diet > raw becoming more popular?

Roxy

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 9:29am PST 
The raw feeding group on Facebook went from 6,000 to over 10,000 in a little more than a year. I think the recent recalls scared people into looking for alternative feeding methods....Thank God!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Roxy, May 10 10:05 am

Puppy Place > Another "can you guess the breed."

Roxy

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 5:53am PST 
Awww!! Thanks Hazel!big grin She really is a good puppy too! I grew up with two Danes that were just awesome. Roxy is a little stockier than they were, which is the pitty part. Hopefully the pitty part will make her a little more sturdy - as my danes had hip issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 6 8:05 am

Puppy Place > Another "can you guess the breed."
Roxy

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 7:00am PST 
Ohhhh Hazel! I was so afraid someone might confirm my suspicion that she could be mixed with a Great Dane! shock
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 6 8:05 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.