Postings by Jaeger

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Need Help From Experienced GSD Owners!
Jaeger

Why must you- run? I just want- to play!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 8:21am PST 
Jaeger will be health tested next month, I'd have to ask about the female. He might have bought her from a breeder but I'm not sure.
Temperament wise, Jaeger is quite loyal and human like. Scarily human like. The female is sweet, very friendly. Watches over the property. I've only been around her a few times.
Most of the people that wanted them are older people. Around 60 or so. And I've know them all long enough to know how they are with animals. They wouldn't go through the trouble of taking it to a shelter. And they take care of all their animals very well (livestock). I don't think I would give one to anyone I don't actually know.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 5:21am PST 
No. Everyone else has had there dogs since they were little. I'm surprised the dogs are still alive. We are the only ones that give away our dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 5:20am PST 
No. Everyone else has had there dogs since they were little. I'm surprised the dogs are still alive. We are the only ones that give away our dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 3:57am PST 
I'm surprised you found any actually. I look in my local shelters, which are at most an hour and a half away. And I can never find shepherds or mixes. Many beagles and lab mixes though.
For some reason the button to edit my post wasn't there so I had to reply again
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 3:34am PST 
Where I live doesn't actually have an animal shelter. There is one about 45 minutes away in a city, but nothing here.
He has adopted, I think he got one of his shepherds from a shelter. He would've bred her with him but he was already neutered. Every time I go to the shelter I never find shepherds, I always look though. I never see pit bulls either. I have actually adopted many dogs from the shelter. Well I didn't. but family members have when I was younger. But sadly, they all ended up in the newspaper for no reason. She would actually give them away when I wasn't there.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:47pm PST 
People here could pretty much care less if the dog is registered.
They keep their dogs until they turn grey. They want them as a companion to ride through their corn or tobacco fields with them.
No clue where any of you live, but it must be horrible.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 7:35pm PST 
That's what I heard. I keep going back and forth on whether to get one or not. But I don't really have the money to waste on one haha
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 6:35pm PST 
Oh goodness shock If he did ever.. make puppies, they would have good homes because I asked many of my friends if they would want one and some said they would :p Also I wouldn't really be taking care of the mother and her pups, he has taken that upon himself, he only wanted Jaeger as a stud. I understand there is a good possibility for health issues, but that is for any dog. Jaeger came from and accidental breeding and as of now he is doing quite well. Taking risks owning a dog. Being in the area I live, German Shepherds aren't very common, in fact, I had one as a child and a family stole him! We put up a bunch of lost papers and they eventually called us but they would drive by every day looking for him.
Other than their possible health issues I'm not too worried about how they would turn out.
---
My point is, think about it in human terms, a child can be born with any health problem. It happens every day. But that doesn't stop people from having kids. Dogs are pretty much the same as humans. Some times parents give up their kids too. The puppies could have some health issues, but we would never know if we didn't take the chance.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 11:44am PST 
Sabi: Wow, such a complicated breed! Haha, I will have to look into that later on. I may just start telling people he is full, most people think he is anyway. Haha, my aunt's fiance wants to breed him with his white shepherd. She is tall. So I am pretty excited to see the future puppies!

Nare: :o I wish, but his name has an e in it :p Jager is more of the drink, Jaeger means hunter. xD I want to get him a customized collar now, make him look fancy. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

Jaeger

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 7:53pm PST 
That's odd :p I never really notice if Jaeger's ear stands all the way. I believe it did for one day when he was about 6 months or so. When his other ear started standing I had to tell everyone about it :p
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 27 11:15 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.