Postings by Tallis

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Siberian Husky > Crates and huskies?
Tallis

Named after the- Early English- composer

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 7:14pm PST 
Tallis really hates his crate, but he loves being under tables. He currently has one of the standard wire crates, but I was wondering if this is a husky thing, or he just doesn't like it. Or if trying a different style of crate would help. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Meiska, Jun 29 10:16 am

Siberian Husky > Choas with Mommy and her friends
Tallis

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 8:14am PST 
Small update: He is here with me for three days and no accidents (of course!)and they commented on how much better he is, maybe this will work after all big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mika, Jun 4 1:12 pm

Tallis

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 4:14pm PST 
I do crate train him, and he is doing much better with it. But I have also had many puupies in my lifetime so I know that eyes need to be on him at all times. I don't understand where their change of heart came from either, the only reason I can think of is that when they saw how much work he is, and mind I do everything, they freaked out. I've tried talking to them about it, but they wont listen. I've been told by the vet and his trainers that he is the most calm and docile husky/puppy they had ever seen. I just wish there was a way I could make them see how far he has come and how important he is to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mika, Jun 4 1:12 pm

Tallis

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 3:45pm PST 
This post is from my mommy,

I got Tallis about 3 months ago because when I am at school I wanted my own companion. Someone to come home too and is always happy to see me. So when I was deciding on what kind of dog I wanted, Huskies were my first choice. Now he and I are home for the summer and attending puppy class, (he is at the top of his class, my smart lil boy) and now all of my friends and my boyfriend are hinting to me that they don't want me to bring him back with me in the fall. This includes my roommates.

My roommates are both not dog people, they have never had a dog before so they don't understand how depressing it is going from having at least 3 dogs in the house to none. I got really depressed this year living in my own place and not having my furry companion by my side. And before I got him I talked to them about me getting a dog and they were really cool about it. They said it will be like having a dog without the responsibility for them. Long story short, I ended up getting Tallis 2 months before I had planned to, because the breeder could not get him sold and I knew he was mine from the first moment I laid eyes on him. So they saw him in the beginning phases of his training, needless to say they came to sorta dislike him. I hear their concerns, but what bothers me most about them it they aren't seeing his progress and how loving of a dog he is.

My boyfriend is also being really unsupportive in the matter. And he is a dog person, just not Huskies, he likes pugs (ewww)but he is always asking me how I am not questioning my decision of getting him. I have tried to explain to everyone that he is the best decision I have made this year. I love him more than words can describe. He brings me so much joy, and last semester I came out of my depression because of him.

I guess I am just wondering if any of you husky lovers have been in this situation before and how did you handle it. I just don't want it coming down to my friends of my boy, because my boy will come out on top every time and I know they will hate me for that. I don't want to lose them, but how can I make them see that I needed him and he can bring joy to them too?

Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mika, Jun 4 1:12 pm

Siberian Husky > Off Leash

Tallis

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 8:03am PST 
I love to run too much, but if mommy opens the car door I hop right in!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Zen, Jan 19 6:11 pm

Siberian Husky > Huskies and Dog Parks
Tallis

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 2:34pm PST 
My little boy LOVES the dog park, he is so good with other dogs. I have no idea what I would do without the dog park and other dogs for him to play with!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tallis, May 8 2:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Not eating as consistantly

Tallis

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 2:31pm PST 
Thank you both so much! Tallis is doing well and growing like a weed! But the vet says he is growing at a normal pace. I love my little moo cow big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Rambo, May 9 1:34 pm

Siberian Husky > ✔ A head-count of all the Dogster Huskies ✔

Tallis

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 6:34pm PST 
Hello, my name is Tallis and I am a 4 month old purebred Siberian husky. I am a white and brown piebald and bi-eyed. I love to take naps and chew on things I am not supposed too. But all and all I am a fun loving boy who loves to cuddle with mommy. I love making new friends!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Deamon, Jul 12 10:52 am

Food & Nutrition > Not eating as consistantly

Tallis

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 8:42am PST 
I feed him once in the morning and once before bed. I give him a 1 1/4 cups with each feeding and he normally eats it. And training rewards are maybe 10 or so a day of the 1/2 calorie treats. And he is very active! We go on 2-3 walks a day, after his morning potty break and before he eats, once around lunch and another around 5 or 6 depending on the day. The morning walk isn't that long, maybe half a mile, but his afternoon/evening walks are between 1-2 miles. And we play in the yard and we fetch, but he also likes sleeping, he is still a pup after all! And I am feeding him Blue Buffalo Naturals and I am supposed to be feeding him 1 1/2-3 cups a day according to the bag. I hope this helps and thank you for the advice!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Rambo, May 9 1:34 pm

Siberian Husky > Colors ans Markings?
Tallis

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 8:05am PST 
I've known he is unique, thats why I wanted him and why his name is Tallis. I am a music major and I wanted to give him a musical name. He is named after the early english composer Thomas Tallis. And I didn't want to give him a "normal" composer name because he is so amazingly unique and quite calm for a husky.

But it is really cool to know that his markings are "normal" markings. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leo, Sep 6 3:35 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.