Postings by Cosmo

GO!

Dog Health > DNA Breed Testing

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 8:01pm PST 
I used the Wisdom 2 Panel. Got it from amazon for about $88. It came back as 100% American Foxhound. Cosmo resembles one except for his snout. He was a stray in NC so I guess ihe could be a badly backyard bred dog. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Oct 14 8:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Experiment I ran on a dog
Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 6:40pm PST 
Anyone remember the trainer named John at Best Friends and the Vick-tory dog Georgia? He used to take a book in her kennel and just sit and read to her so she would get comfortable with him. Listening to a voice over and over does calm a dog down. I do it myself with nervous new clients, I used to read to a Pit, he'd fall asleep, I read to 2 Rotties they calmed down like they were getting ready to go to sleep.it also gets them used ti you and helps establish trust.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Oct 7 6:40 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The Wisdom Panel DNA Results...

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 5:14pm PST 
Cosmo came back as 100% American Fox Hound. I can believe he has a lot of FoxHound in him but his snout is just not Fox Houndish. He is from an area that has a lot of hounds so who knows, maybe he just has really bad breeding shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Rigby , Nov 5 4:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Instant Goat's Milk

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 8:50am PST 
No, it says it will be available mid-May. I'd love to though. I feed 2 of my dogs THK and love their products!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, May 11 6:56 pm

Dog Health > Carpal Valgus- any info pawlease!

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 5:04pm PST 
thank you! I went to see an orthopedic surgeon yesterday. One surgery is where they cut a piece of the bone to give the other bone a chance to catch up (growing). Only thing is my growth plates have closed a little so they are thinking the other surgery which is going in and straightening the bones using plates and screws. And with our luck that one is probably double the cost. I will be getting the surgery in a few months when the growth plates close a little more.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Apr 19 5:04 pm

Dog Health > Carpal Valgus- any info pawlease!
Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 8:10pm PST 
My leggys are growing out instead of in. We are looking for info from someone who has has this happen to their dog before. If you ever had non-surical procedures done or if you had the surgery that cuts a piece of the ulna so the radius can catch up I'd love to hear from you! Thanks in advance!!
We have been trying to post this sme thing in the health forum and it has been deleted and now keeps telling me there are inappropriate words?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Apr 19 5:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do I Need Food That's Meant For Large Breed Dogs?

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 9:34am PST 
I feed all 3 of mine an all life stages food. Cosmo (8-10 mos) and Toby (10 yrs) eat the same brand. A lot of it is an advertising gimmick. Get a food that is AAFCO and all life stages.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Mar 17 9:34 am

Food & Nutrition > Needs more calories

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 7:25am PST 
Cosmo is a rescue that was 39 lbs when I got him, 24 lbs when the rescue got him from the pound in NC. He is now up to 47.5 lbs. I feed him 3 times a day. Am in the process of transitioning him to THK, Keen. Its not grain free but the oatmeal in it is helping put on weight. Have you thought of trying it? I know you can get sample pkgs from pet stores that sell it. My Saint refuses any THK but my beagle is eating it (Thrive) also.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Mar 17 7:25 am

Dog Health > Getting weight on a skinny rescue

Cosmo

Have toy, will- play!

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 8:54pm PST 
Our new dog started out at the rescue at 24 lbs. He needs to be upwards of 50. We got him at 39 4 weeks ago Sat. He is very active and goes to daycare 5 of 7 days a week. He gets 6 oz of canned Evangers mixed with Fruitables Pupmkin (he had been on purina dog chow ugh before we got him) I give him one 6 oz can of Evangers with 1or 1 1/2 cups of Orijen in the AM. He takes another 6 oz can for lunch and has 1 6oz can at dinner with 1 cup of Orijen and the pumpkin again. He gets a peanut butter filled Kong when he first gets home from daycare to settle him down a bit. He has gained 5 lbs in 4 weeks doing this.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Feb 18 8:54 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.