Postings by Princess Shadow

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > Another clostridium forum
Princess- Shadow

Adopted dogs are- the BEST kind!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 8:40am PST 
So far she has been given metronidazole as well as a new one this more recent time that starts with an A. This recent one is a liquid that we are having to give her by syringe.

She is eating Taste of the Wild currently and is also eating sugar free shredded wheat plus taking forti flora.

She is having some trouble with some elevated levels in her liver but that may in turn be the reason she's having trouble kicking it or vice versa.

We do not have any family to take her in that live close by.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Feb 6 8:40 am

Dog Health > Elevated phosphate?
Princess- Shadow

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 8:32am PST 
I have looked it over a bit and also bookmarked it. Guess we will have to wait for the xray results to know more.

If anyone has had liver issues with their dog, experiences and outcomes are appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Jan 31 8:32 am

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 8:20am PST 
We could REALLY use some suggestions..
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Feb 6 8:40 am

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 9:43am PST 
Thanks Jace! Have you had trouble with your pups liver?

Sassy- She is otherwise a healthy girl so that's why we are wondering what is up. I mean she does have hip dysplasia and arthritis but I'm not sure that is considered a health issue.

I don't doubt the Marin working but like I said instead of the enzyme going down it went up a bit more.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Jan 31 8:32 am

Dog Health > Anal gland removal

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 9:41am PST 
I would also love to know the outcome of his surgery.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 18 8:16 am

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 8:59am PST 
So you may have (or maybe not) seen that Miss Shadow is dealing with the clostridium bacteria. She just can't seem to kick it. We've went through I believe 3 rounds of medication to kick it out of her system. The first two times they gave us 10 days worth and this last time they gave us 20 days to try to really attack it. The vet had her us on Metron..can't think of the name, he also has her taking probiotics every day (Forti-Flora) my questions to you all is how in the WORLD do we kick this out of her system?

We've been wiping her paws and bum down after she goes outside every time and we keep her away from most of the "common" factors of how she may be "reinfecting" or may have developed it in the first place, but it just won't go away.

We are currently in a lease in an apartment complex and don't have the means to treat the outside area or remove ourselves from the enviroment.

We are really at a loss on how to help her kick this. It's been really hard on the pocket having to keep buying her the medicine. The weird thing about her case of it is most of the symptoms she has are pretty mild compared to the research I've been doing on it. We've also found once she is on the meds it seems to help her stool be more formed as well as curbing the emergency middle of night poo runs.

The vet did also suggest the high-fiber diet (as you may have read in my other post) to help her kick it and I'm just wondering also if anyone has had this suggested to them to help?

We are just really hoping to do something to kick this stupid bacteria out of her system as this is no fun for her to have and like I said pretty hard on the wallet too.

Many thanks in advance!
Princess Shadow and fam. dog
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Feb 6 8:40 am

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 8:42am PST 
Well I really have the term wrong then because our vet says that it's a liver issue. He put us on a supplement called Marin to see if it would come down and it did not it actually elevated a bit more. He wants to do x-rays now to see what the liver is doing.

Poor thing has been through the ringer ever since we moved.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Jan 31 8:32 am

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 8:59am PST 
Anyone else having or had this trouble with their pup? We did Shadow's senior bloodwork a few weeks back and the vet said that she has elevated levels of phosphate and proscribed us Marin to try and get them to go down.

We just did her recheck once she finished the Marin and the levels have elevated a little more instead of going down. He now wants us to do some abdomen x-rays to see what is going on.

Just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this and how you resolved it or are maintaining it.

Sincerely Appreciative-
Princess Shadow and fam dog
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Princess Shadow, Jan 31 8:32 am

Food & Nutrition > Can dogs eat apples?

Princess- Shadow

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 8:54am PST 
Hmm we were always told the SKIN and seeds were toxic...

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Jan 29 8:07 am

Dog Health > To switch or not to switch
Princess- Shadow

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 8:50am PST 
That I won't be doing although it MAY BE cheaper to purchase online the companies that make these medicines do not cover their guarantee if you aren't purchasing your meds directly from your vet. ((If you want more info on this shoot me a message))

Also I am aware that it doesn't prevent ticks thanks though.

It looks like we are going to stick with what we know and what works instead of rocking the boat. If we do develop more of a chronic issue with the other things like the worms then we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks guys!-
Princess Shadow and fam

dog
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bridgit, Jan 27 2:25 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.