Postings by Capone

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Choosing the Right Dog > What Am I?
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Sat Oct 26, '13 11:03pm PST 
He looks almost identical to the one and only Brittany I've ever met so that's what I'd guess as well. He is super cute. Congrats on your new addition! puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Isabelle the Great, Oct 28 8:45 pm

Dog Health > CT scan showed SLIGHTLY enlarged thyroid glands - do I do biopsy?
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 7:31pm PST 
Poor Tyson. I hope everything will be ok. As for your cruise, you have to do whatever makes you happiest. If you go on the cruise and can't even enjoy it because you're worried about Tyson, then there's no point in going. On the other hand, it might give you a much needed break from the stresses at home. Those are the things I weigh every time I'm planning a trip. I've just had to tell my family that I won't be traveling to see them for the holidays this year because I don't want to be away from my boy whose not fully recovered from a stroke.

Best wishes to you and Tyson for a better road ahead. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Senior Dogs > One last journey

Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 10:39am PST 
hughughughughughug

For Sabi, my favorite part of Lord Byron's Epitaph to a Dog. It seems like it would suit her very well.

"Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices."

hughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Feb 4 11:34 am

Puppy Place > Girl names vs Boy names?

Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 10:21am PST 
Onyx said: "I've also found people tend to default to whichever gender their own dog is."

I admit that I do that. I've only owned male dogs and can't bear to call a dog "it" so, if I haven't figured out if the dog in question is a male or female, I default to "he". Sometimes I say "he" by accident even when I know the dog is female just because I'm so used to saying it for my own dogs. It slips out too easily. But I try my best to correct myself if I know the dog is actually a "she".

BTW, I love the name Fenrir! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ginger DSA ThD TT CGC &hearts, Oct 10 12:16 pm

Puppy Place > Girl names vs Boy names?

Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 11:25am PST 
I think you should go with whatever makes you happy. I love using famous last names as animal names and my general rule is to match the gender of my animal to the gender of the famous person. But that's just my personal rule because it makes sense in my brain. For example, I might name a male dog Poe (Edgar Allen) or Sinatra (Frank) or of course Capone (Al). I might name a female dog Monroe (Marilyn) or Harlow (Jean) or Garbo (Greta). A name like Kennedy might be unisex for me because there are famous Kennedy's of both gender.

You may come across people who are confused about your dog's gender based on the name, so I guess it comes down to whether that would bother you. I'm certain it won't bother your dog. puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Ginger DSA ThD TT CGC &hearts, Oct 10 12:16 pm

Senior Dogs > making a decision
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 7:39pm PST 
She is probably only middle-aged but your vet may consider her a senior. My vet considers any dog 8yrs+ a senior when it comes to anesthesia and if I don't want the pre-op blood work for a dog of that age then I would have to sign a waiver. I have always opted for the blood work regardless of my dog's age, though, just because it eases my mind.

Capone went under for dental work earlier this year and came through it alright (he was 12 at the time, almost 13). I'm glad I went through with it. But you have to make whatever decision feels best for you and your dog. I personally would much rather have done Capone's teeth at 7-8 years old rather than having to do them at 12 years old like I did.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Grace, Oct 2 4:45 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I can't believe this has happened... Lord help me I've lost my Brillo

Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 7:52am PST 
I am so very sorry for your loss. I went through something similar about 2 years ago when I lost my cat suddenly and without warning as well. The shock can make the grief so much worse, in my opinion. It takes time, but the sting will fade. Just know that you gave Brillo a great life and I'm sure he knew just how much he was loved.

hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Sep 25 11:10 pm

Puppy Place > Introducing.. Octavia!

Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 9:29am PST 
She is so precious!!! Congrats!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by UCH Onyx TT, CGC, Oct 21 4:21 pm

Dog Health > Neurological Disorder

Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 11:49am PST 
We're still making slow but steady progress. I'm allowing him to take the front steps on his own now and he's been really succesful with that...it's just one step between the front porch and the sidewalk. Going down I have to point it out to him to make sure he doesn't just walk off the edge, but going back up he's really confident and hops up the step with enthusiasm.

I can definitely tell that he's feeling better. The only bad part about that is that he thinks he can do all the things he used to do. He doesn't realize he has these new physical limitations and if he runs too fast or jumps, he could fall and hurt himself. I felt so bad the other day because he wanted to play so I encouraged him. He was running around like his happy, normal self when all of a sudden his back left leg gave out on him and he hit the ground hard. But he got right up and wanted to go again. So I'm trying to find a happy medium between letting him challenge himself and not letting him exert himself too much.

All in all, I'm very happy with his progress and so relieved that he's getting better.
blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Sep 13 12:52 pm

Puppy Place > Working all day - what to do?
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 9:13am PST 
When Capone was a puppy, I didn't do a crate although I probably will with my next dog. But I did set him up an exercise pen in the kitchen. He had a blanket to sleep on, a few toys/chews and enough space to play with them, and if he had an accident it was easy to clean up.

I was living in an apartment then and worked full time during the day. My boyfriend at the time lived with me and worked nights so he was home all day but had to sleep at least a few hours. So the exercise pen worked out pretty well for us.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 30 6:02 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.