Rufus R Dogg

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 11:58pm PST 
Thanks for your help
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Piglet, Jan 19 3:58 pm

Puppy Place > Advice for puppy nipping
Rufus R Dogg

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 6:46pm PST 
Rufus came to us on unusual circumstances. The mother was a stay and didn't take care of her pups, and many of the liter mates were bottle fed. Homes were found for the pups. I know it's not an ideal situation, but we're making the best of it. We're going to the vet tomorrow for his first shots and a second round of deworming.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Piglet, Jan 19 3:58 pm

Puppy Place > Advice for puppy nipping

Rufus R Dogg

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 2:51am PST 
Rufus is 7 weeks old and his teeth are coming in fast! We baught several teething toys and chew sticks, which he uses. However, if he had it his way, he would prefer to chew on my arms, hands, feet, legs, and draping clothing... I do the "eeep" noise to alert that it hurts me, but sometimes it just excites him more, and he escalates. I tell him firmly no and place a chew stick or teething toy in his mouth. He will accept it, chew it for 2 second, spit it out, and nip me again! When he gets too wild, he goes to his kennel for 15 minutes to cool down. I know that he is young, but he is also very smart---he saw me step over the loveseat to the bed just once, and he was able to make the leap himself! What am I doing wrong here?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Piglet, Jan 19 3:58 pm

Puppy Place > 7 week old puppy: What breeds do you think?

Rufus R Dogg

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 2:09am PST 
A friend found Rufus in an abandoned old barn. He came to us about a week and half ago. He is adjusting to his new home well. We think he's possibly a mix of Australian cattle dog and lab. What do you think?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sputnik, Jan 1 4:10 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.