Postings by Bacio

GO!

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Bacio

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 11:47am PST 
I got my stitches out and I'm able to walk for half a mile already! this recovery has been a breeze compared to the first time so far!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery
Bacio

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 11:21pm PST 
During Bacio's first FHO, I was pretty active blogging on my website www.my2whitedogs.com, but this time around I have kept busier with work. Bacio is doing extraordinarily well with this surgery. He's up and walking around already, his incision looks great, and he hasn't gotten depressed and mopey about it. The only thing that worries me is that he's feeling too good and he's going to try and do things he's not ready to do yet. If you have any questions or would like to chat about FHO surgeries don't hesitate to message me... I was terrified before the first one and had a hard time finding useful information. Its why I tried to document as much as I could on Bacio. I'm here to help!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Bacio

Barked: Mon Oct 28, '13 2:43pm PST 
Hey guys! My first FHO surgery came and went. There were many ups and downs in my recovery. I slipped and fell on the stairs my first time back at home, and while I wasn't injured, it scared me so bad I didn't want to walk anymore. My mom signed me up for hydro therapy and it helped so much! This past Friday I went in for my second FHO surgery. I don't know if it hurts more or if I just don't want to deal with this long recovery, but walking it tough! After this though I'll be able to keep up with my fur sister Yuki and not have to stop because my hips hurt!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Who's Feeling Silly? > My dog meme

Bacio

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:48pm PST 
I just had an FHO surgery... Here's my meme.
http://www.my2whitedogs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/B ACIOMEME-768x1024.jpg
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bacio, Feb 11 10:48 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Bacio

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:42pm PST 
Just wanted to update everyone, I'm 3 weeks into my recovery! My leg is very wobbly an my human freaks out about everything I do. We're going to start looking for hydrotherapy or physical therapy so I can get better faster! If anyone has advice I'm still all ears.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery
Bacio

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:31pm PST 
That's a relief! I just want my boy to be able to play with my husky and not go find somewhere to lay down while she runs circles around him...
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Bacio

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 9:08pm PST 
Thanks! Was the lab able to jump around after the procedure? I'm not expecting agility out of Bacio after this, but I didn't think he'd lose his ability to jump on and off the couch....
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Bacio

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 2:05pm PST 
Honestly, I never even thought he had a problem until I read the book The Art of Racing in the Rain. He bunny hops up stairs and relies heavily on his front end to pull him up on to the couch and bed. When he shakes you hear his hips pop. He never showed signs of pain, so I really didn't know how bad it was. I had taken him to a vet at a year old, and they recommended surgery then, but THR on both sides ($8800), which I could not afford at the time (or now to be totally honest). Because he still played with Yuki, and ran around all the time, I let him be. It wasn't until this past year when he started stumbling and falling that I started to worry. Then he wouldn't sleep through the nights because of pain. Honestly, when the vets saw his Xray they are shocked that he still gets around like he does. I keep him on Blue Buffalo whitefish food and Synflex for pets... so maybe that is really helping.

His xray can be seen at the bottom of this page:
http://www.my2whitedogs.com/blog/bacios-hips-part-1/

If anyone has any experience with the recovery I'd really like to hear what I can do to for him to allow him to heal up and be well in the best ways.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

Dog Health > FHO surgery

Bacio

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:30pm PST 
Hello everyone! Bacio goes in for surgery at the end of the week. I'm totally nervous, excited, scare, and happy at the same time. Can anyone give me some tips, or let me know what to expect in the days following the procedure? He's about 65lbs, and I made a little video of his "before" walk and run. http://youtu.be/uzgaCtaDWd4 I have a picture of his X-ray up on my site. If anyone is interested in that, I can find the link for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Pooch ~ I miss you ~, Nov 15 7:17 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.