Postings by Samson

GO!

Choosing the Right Dog > Tell me More About the American Pit Bull Terrier??

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 5:39pm PST 
Samson is a pit mix and very dog aggressive generally. I can list on one hand the dogs I let him play with and even then, never unsupervised. He does play very rough (as do many of the pits I have worked with at the shelter). All of that aside, they are wonderful, sweet, loyal dogs and very quick to pick up new things. He has been very easy to train. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Samson, Oct 1 5:39 pm

Behavior & Training > Went to the Dog Park the other day
Samson

Big guy

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 5:41pm PST 
You have to do what works for you and your dog. The only thing I would say is that some dogs are much more defensive when they are on a leash, especially when there are a bunch of other dogs that are not leashed. Something you might want to consider...
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Angel, Sep 14 3:38 am

Food & Nutrition > Feeding wet dog food with dry dog food, anyone?

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Sun Sep 1, '13 4:50pm PST 
I have always added some canned food to Samson's kibble. He eats Fromms mixed with Wellness Core canned or Fromms canned food. He is a bit picky and seems to like the canned food added. Plus, you can give a variety of flavors while sticking with the same kibble. It's been a challenge to find kibble that he likes and that agrees with him smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Nicky, Sep 5 5:34 am

Choosing the Right Dog > List of Best Puppies and Dogs for Newbies!

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 6:06pm PST 
I grew up with Labs and while they are very energetic, they also generally have a great temperament for children. I would say the same about Goldens. Beagles can be a good choice as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Delta, Sep 9 7:18 pm

Puppy Place > Our new puppy Quincey...............is he part pitbull/boxer?

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 5:19pm PST 
Definitely has some pit in him and absolutely adorable!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Samson, Aug 28 5:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dog super gassy on Blue Buffalo. Recommend better food?
Samson

Big guy

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 7:53pm PST 
After eating BB for approximately 4 months, Samson got very gassy and had very runny poop, out of the blue. After 2 trips to the vet and several tests, we switched his food and almost immediately, he was better. He is currently eating Fromm and doing very well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 24 4:13 pm

Behavior & Training > For the Fear of Dogs...? How do you handle people afraid of your dog?

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:37pm PST 
Samson is a big dog (80lbs and then some) and part pit bull so I get a strong reaction from people on a regular basis. Usually people cross the street but I have had my share of comments as well. Usually I tell them "yes, you should be careful...he is dangerous and might lick you to death." That generally gets a wary smile. What can you do?

If I am not mistaken, the OP has 2 hounds? You must be really dog phobic to be afraid of hounds, especially since most of them have their noses glued to the ground.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Missy , Apr 26 11:43 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > When someone asks what kind of dog you have

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 4:07pm PST 
Samson is a lab/pit mix and a rescue dog. I usually say "lab/pit mix." People that are ignorant will stay ignorant. He is a big boy (80 lbs) so people sometimes cross the street when we are walking. i have had many people say to me "I guess its all how they are treated."

Once he gets to know you, he is most likely to lick you to death. Sweet boy and a great dog. dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Midget, Apr 16 12:09 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Bully Toys...Woof

Samson

Big guy

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 1:49pm PST 
The only toys that I have found that are truly bully proof are the hard rubber Kong toys. Samson is such a chewer that even those toys that they describe as 'durable' really aren't for him.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jan 4 2:10 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.