Postings by Twister

GO!

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Not sure if my doggie is Agressive Staffordshire
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Apr 2, '14 12:16pm PST 
Pretty sure the OP meant they have only had the dog for a few days.

I agree with everyone else, it sounds like she is being frustrated.

I would assume she loves playing with the ball. My dog Twister loved playing ball too, so maybe my example can help you some. If I waited too long to throw the ball he would start barking. He wasn't being aggressive, he was simply excited (think of it this: it would be like another person yelling for you to "just throw the ball already!"). He never put his mouth on me, but that is because I taught him to be gentle (they are not born knowing how much is too much). I also taught him to release things he was holding, and never just yanked it away from him.

Please take some time to observe how everyone in your family is interacting with the dog. Is she being teased? She is still getting to know all of you, so it may be confusing her. Whether you are inside or outside, make sure you interact with her in a way that is gentle and friendly. When outside, and if some people are just tossing the ball around (not to the dog), that can be very frustrating to the dog because she wants to play too, and does not understand why the people are keeping the ball to themselves and not including her. Maybe play "people-only ball" separately from where she is at.

It is very important that each day you are making sure she gets enough exercise, and that each day has time set aside solely for training her. Make sure that everyone in the family follows the rules so she is not confused by what is expected of her.

If there are further issues, it would be a good idea to invest in training classes, or even a dog behaviorist should it get worse. However, it does not sound like she is aggressive (keep in mind none of us are there to actually see what is going on, finding a positive trainer would be very beneficial to help you understand how to interact with her). Good luck with your new dog!way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Twister, Apr 2 12:16 pm

Puppy Place > We got a puppy!
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Mar 29, '14 10:33am PST 
Lacy is adorable! Love the pic of her face sticking out from behind Lupi!cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Apr 7 1:00 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '14 8:48pm PST 
Adorable puppy, Ty!!!cloud 9

Have fun, Flicka! hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 215 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 7:16 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '14 2:04pm PST 
Hey everyonewave

Tyler, I've been following the news on the plane as well. Honestly, I hope it was stolen so that there's at least a chance the people are still alive.
Oh! And I love the name Reuben (had a cat named that). big grin

Sarah, I loved Frozen! smile

Hope all is well with everyone. The weather here is crazy. Nice one day and freezing the next, then back and forth again and again. Been sick for at least a week now(I don't handle the cold well). Ah well.shrug The sun is out now, it just needs to warm up and stay that way (sledding does sound fun though).

Toto, hope you get your pup soon! blue dog

I've been going crazy wishing I could get one. I thought about a Standard Poodle for my future pup, but then the Belgian Tervurens got on my radar and now they're stuck.cloud 9 In the meantime I'm going to try to stick with a running program to get back into the habit of running. Tired of being inside all the time, but it's no fun going out by yourself.

Toodles for now, poodles.dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 218 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 7:16 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What type of dog is mine????

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 12:58pm PST 
Hi, Osi is a beautiful girl!
I would agree that she is at least part Shepherd, my opinion would be either Belgian Malinois or Belgian Tervuren due to the coloring (GSD would still be possible, though). She likely is not a purebred due to the hang of the ears. My guess would be she is mixed with another breed such as a Golden Retriever, or likely a mix of several breeds.
At any rate, she is adorable!cloud 9

"Medium Dogs
In general, most medium size breeds will reach their full adult frame size between 12 and 15 months old. Breeds with stockier bodies may take as long as 18 months of age for their weight to catch up to their frame size."

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/when-do-puppies-stop-growing
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 22 12:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > So this happened
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 12:26pm PST 
Hugs.hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kali, Apr 3 7:17 pm

Behavior & Training > The terrible pit bulls *rant*

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 3:00pm PST 
lol, I did think about including cats...kitty
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Caledonia, Mar 25 10:39 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 8:05pm PST 
Yeah, so apparently you can't edit your posts. Wish I could, lol. Just a heads up, may want to keep that in mind if any others want to post. I think it would be best to stay as civil as possible (I think I could have worded my post better for sure, ah well). I actually like some of his other articles, the one on being an introvert was spot-on.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Caledonia, Mar 25 10:39 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 6:18pm PST 
I would say respond with an over-the-top, sarcastic post (maybe providing links to stories where I'm sure you could find for other breeds that have mauled/killed people) like this:

"We should just ban ALL dogs. They are all killers! Pretty much every breed has mauled or killed someone!! Goldens, Labs, even small ones like Dachshunds! I don't see why ANY sane person would keep a carnivore as a pet!"

Except they would probably agree...
naughty

So, unfortunately, I got to say, no matter what you post to their site, they will just get mad and not listen to a single word (no matter how true) that anyone pro-pit bull would have to say.shrug

ETA: Yeah..so I read it and went ahead and posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Caledonia, Mar 25 10:39 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '14 7:24pm PST 
Aw, missed The Walking Dead convo, lol. Gotta get caught up on the last few episodes, it's been busy around here so haven't been online as much.

Nicky, that is great! way to go

There was a shooting suspect on the run from the police here in town today, so they alerted the area he was last seen via media (FB, etc), and people called in tips/sightings so they were able to catch him not too long ago. So yeah, def better safe than sorry, if you see something out of place, call it in!

A friend of mine asked me to take a stray cat in, showed up at their property and they can't keep it. I can't have it either, but said if they catch it I could take it to the shelter (they're not no-kill, but still really good at adopting out animals). Wish I could have a cat, but no...though when I talked to my friend who owns the house I'm staying at, she told me they wouldn't mind if I fed stray cats around here...kitty

Well anyhow, hope ya'll have a good night, I def need to go sleep now...and dream of dogs and cats and all things animals lol...cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 352 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 7:16 am

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.