Postings by Jubilee

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Siberian Husky > Hi Shadow!
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 8:16am PST 
I spotted your dog, Shadow, and looked up his bio. 18 years old! That is so great. He looks like my Jubee. He must be a big ol' bear to hug. How wonderful he's had such a long, loving life with you. Congrats Shadow.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jubilee, Jan 8 8:16 am

Siberian Husky > Merry Christmas! to all My Husky Buddies
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 7:52am PST 
Today is that weird day when our people have brought a tree into the house, which is very tempting in itself, and then they light it up and put all this stuff under it. In all my years, I've never figured out why. But, I do know, that there is always something there for me! In previous years, I thought it was all mine, especially those little dangling balls, except they broke real fast. Now I know, if I wait, something comes out of the pile, and I get to tear it open, and run around the house with it. I love the tearing-it-open part. Have a great day, it doesn't come around that often. Let me know what you get!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lexus, Dec 31 9:58 pm

Siberian Husky > Huskies Information

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 10:13am PST 
Well put, Dreamy! I think you and Jubes are kin.
Jubee loves to dig a hole anywhere, anytime, and then when it's just right, she curls up in it with complete satisfaction.
She's so wily, that whenever I call her to come, she stops in her tracks at a safe distance from me, and looks all around for the reason I'm calling her, because she's not coming if there's something out there that she needs to investigate.
She's a major hunter and she never forgets where she saw the last cat or the last squirrel and goes straight to that spot and looks for it again. If I had her on Survivor Island, she would keep us well fed. One time I was biking with her in the woods and she took off running, and after a time she comes running back with something in her mouth and drops a 2 pound squirrel at my feet. I had to dispose of it, because the next time we rode through she would be rolling in it.
She displays such stealth, if I'm eating at the kitchen table and she wants some food, she plays that game "Red Light, Green Light". She creeps up when I'm not looking, and every time I notice her, she's a little closer, until she's nudging my elbow.
She's a one-person dog, completely loyal to me. And I'm a one-dog person, so it's a perfect match!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Jan 4 3:11 am

Siberian Husky > Huskies Information

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 8:55am PST 
I've only had one husky, Jubee, but I can tell you what she was like as a pup. She was totally attached to the group, and she likes the group all together, not split up. She never liked being left alone. She is still this way as an adult. One time when she was a puppy, I left her alone in the house in my bedroom, thinking she would do the least amount of damage in one room. When I came home she had chewed 6 inches off the bottom of a hollow bedroom door. I never did that again! She has always loved and been delighted by children, almost like they are kin. There's a couple things I would've done differently. I would've kept her on healthy diet, because she's overweight now. I would've socialized her better with other dogs, because she has never gotten along with dogs. I would've trained her to "come" because she can't be trusted to come back to me. Boy, I didn't do too good, did I????
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Jan 4 3:11 am

Siberian Husky > Re-Occurring Lameness

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:48am PST 
Jubee seems to have a bout of serious lameness every 6-8 weeks. She will go along fine on walks everyday with just a little bit of limp and then one morning out of the blue she takes a turn for the worse and can hardly stand up. At the same time, this is when her paws flare up and get inflamed between the toes and the pads get pink and raw. This whole cycle goes hand-in-hand.
I'll call the vet today, but I'm wondering, has anyone out there ever encountered this with their dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jubilee, Dec 14 7:48 am

Siberian Husky > Christmas presents?
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 10:12am PST 
Jubee's been with me for a long time, so it's pretty easy to know what she likes.

Paper towel rolls, always a favorite, especially if they are those hard cardboard ones that come in the tin foil and saran wrap.
She loves to tear stuff up into little pieces and toss them over the back of her head. Those little Nerf balls are great for this. She goes through them pretty fast.
A good ol' tennis ball is always fun. We play keep away.
She's quite the soccer player, so a new ball is fun, until her teeth go into it and then it's still fun, but not as bouncy.
Stuffed toys are great to destroy.
Come to think of it, she pretty much destroys everything sooner or later!
I did her a new brush and comb, but I think for her, that's like kids getting clothes.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Mika, Dec 16 2:11 pm

Siberian Husky > name suggestions?

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 7:20am PST 
Hi Mika! Congrats on your new baby sister! Since you are going to have to hear this new pup's name called constantly in the next few months, I'm sure you want a name that isn't going to drive you crazy.

There is a website called allabouthuskies.com and on their front page they have a section to click on called Husky Names. They list all the names in alphabetical order and put the meaning of the name. You might be able to find one there.

How fun for you to get a husky puppy. Is there anything better than that???
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mika, Dec 16 2:11 pm

Siberian Husky > Immune Diseases for Huskies

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 7:32am PST 
Just looked at Niko and his brother. OMG they are gorgeous and I love their playful spirit. I can see it in their pictures!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Fox, Dec 11 2:12 pm

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 7:30am PST 
I've heard about the zinc-deficiency problem. Does Jubee sound like she has the symptoms of a zinc-deficiency? I've heard that there isn't a test to determine this.
Where do you get the zinc? Is it a human formula? What is the dosage?
What symptoms did your dog have and how did you determine it was a zinc problem? I would so like to help her resolve these problems. They have been on-going and it seems the vet just prescribes the dang prednisone.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Fox, Dec 11 2:12 pm

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 7:24am PST 
Sorry your pup has problems. It's so hard to watch them go through something and not be able to fix it.
Jubee has had some autoimmune issues. She has the discoid lupus on her nose. It gets crusty and bumpy and then at times she swipes her nose with her paws and rubs off the dead skin and then it looks a bit red and raw. She's 10 and she's had this for about two years.
Another issue she has is with her paws. They are crusty and they will crack around the edges and the pad gets very pink and sometimes inflamed.
Once she had a bad crusty problem in one of her ears.
She also has a lameness that occasionally worsens.
I'm not sure if all these problems are connected.
She has been on prednisone and antibiotics when things have gotten to the point where I had to take her to the vet.
I don't think it's allergies though can't be positive. She's mostly in the house, she's very clean and lives in a clean environment.
I feed her Natural Balance. I give her glucosamine and fish oil. I think the fish oil is helping her paw pads get back to normal.
I know the prednisone isn't good for long term.
Let me know how it goes for you, because I thought I had the only husky with all these issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Fox, Dec 11 2:12 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.