Postings by Neva Blew Sky

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Venting...Offered pup was born...but decided against...
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Sat Mar 30, '13 7:48am PST 
Whole Story:

If you bought a dog and until she was five months, her hair started falling out... I took her to My vet Dr. Lawler and he did a scrape and showed me how it looks under the microscope with a comparison picture. It looks exactly the same as Demodetic Mange..So I have a pup that I can't breed if I wanted to because of this(inherited) issue. She is being treated with ivomec.

Background:
-Her mom's hair fall out during pregnancy with my pup. (due to what breeder says was "hair loss"
-My pup is the runt of the litter.
- Two pups same litter have "red mange" issues. maybe more? not sure...
-Our veterinarians might be rival enemies (according to the breeder)
- My veterinarian told me I have to spay her so that she doesn't breed pups with this condition.
- Breeder wants me to get second opinion...I didn't cause I don't have the funds as of now...

OK...

Agreement is that if pup was sick or have any health issues that either a first available pup will be offered at equal value of pup that has issue or money back.

Issue:
- Kennel owner is to pick the pup, but naming was not talked about prior to pup being born.
- Money back wasn't an option for me
- Giving my pup back wasn't an option either because I was warned that if breeder could not afford her condition that she (my pup) will be put down..So I kept my pup..

Now...
New pup is born, I was contacted...not sure how I felt but decided that I would take the put then naming got thrown at me only because I didn't PAY for the new pup... I'm sure that the breeder will be happy that I just decided NOT to get the pup.

(I feel that if I was approached another way about naming then maybe things would have went smooth..Breeder wants Kennel name for pup on registration is the only issue we were having).

* I am learning and I make mistakes too...I ask questions..I learn from the breeder....I'm upfront..but I don't feel that breeder was upfront with me*

* I have learned a lot about Demodetic Mange from other dog boards and my vet*

How do you feel about this? What would you do?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maggie, Mar 31 5:46 pm

Dog Health > Demodetic Mange in Mom Test= Negative/ 2 pupies same litter are Positive....:/
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 6:37pm PST 
ok.. thank you..I'll look into it..
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Mar 12 6:37 pm


Dog Health > Just like the previous question my dog, casper the chihuahua, had been throwing , I just finished b

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 2:54pm PST 
Wonderful!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Molly, Mar 12 6:10 pm


Dog Health > Demodetic Mange in Mom Test= Negative/ 2 pupies same litter are Positive....:/

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 2:47pm PST 
Can this be? Any information on this question..

I'm going to get my pup spayed after a second opinion (for the breeders sake), who says her dog is Negative) but I'm confused...There are two pups that have "red mange"...Other have tested their pups and they are negative..Would that be because their immune system is up to par? I don't feel that I need a second opinion because he let me look in the microscope and showed me a picture of what "red mange" look like....It was exact.

Now: Neva's back is completely bald but the scratching has calmed a little.She scratched her neck til it bled the other day but is getting well now.I clipped her nails short as I could without making her bleed.

She is being treated with oral ivomec 0.1ml dosage

She will go back next week for another scrape...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Mar 12 6:37 pm


Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:31am PST 
Hi Drake

Thank you for informing me of what happened to your rescue. I'm sorry to hear that, you make me not want to let her get the dip again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am

Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 7:53am PST 
Hi Chandler

I will be looking in this soon..I'm filling out the form now smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am


Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 7:52am PST 
Fritz..I will do that....very soon
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am


Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 7:46am PST 
Hi Wilbur, Thanks for all the wonderful information you gave me here..Very informative!!!

applauselaugh out loudcheer

Neva says she is doing much better..I want to go out and play but mommy says, it's too cold...lol My mom says she is also thinking about starting a youtube channel for us because she wants people to see and be aware...She taped some of my most embarrassing moment.

She didn't see many videos on this issue sooooooooo... this will be a beginning and if you all wanna check me out from time to time...you can come there...
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am


Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 7:39am PST 
Hi Mitchell-Rap

Yes I believe so because her mom is merle...is the reason he didn't do Ivermectic.She is doing much better today..OMG! I'm so happy....She is all around the house..she has a little of her spunk back..she seems to be up under me even more after caring for her under her worst symptoms. He didn't want to do another treatment until next week, he wants to give her some time. He told me that he got some more Mitaban in yesterday but didn't want to treat her so soon. Also I read up on Hypoglycemic issues with chihuahua's before I bought her so that I can be aware of it and know when I see this happening. It didn't appear that way. Today I am happy because after being sick, she has gained more trust in me..I love that feeling because she is only five months.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am

Dog Health > 5 month old Chihuahua starts treatment (mitaban dip)
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 7:31pm PST 
ok...she pooped...lol
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Neva Blew Sky, Feb 22 4:31 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.