Postings by Graham

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Westminster tonight!
Graham

Part angel, part- devil, all dog

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 3:14pm PST 
Congratulations Darrell happy dance That was a beautiful dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Feb 16 11:06 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Charlie Here.
Graham

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:05pm PST 
Hi Charlie welcome I hope you enjoy your Dogster experience. I'm sort of new too, but my sister has been on Dogster for years. Have fun, explore. I'm sure a cute pup like you will make lots of friends.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Mika, Feb 4 5:59 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Interesting Results of Highest/Lowest Ranked Pet Ownership States

Graham

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 6:55pm PST 
Interesting study. I live in Colorado and am surprised by the results. I've been thinking about it and I only know 2 families here who do not have dogs. On our block there is only one house that doesn't have a dog (it's a rental and I don't think they're allowed) and most of us have more than one. Hmmm.thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Feb 24 10:18 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > New to Dogster!

Graham

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 3:04pm PST 
welcome Bailey! We hope you have lots of fun here on Dogster. There are some really great pups & people here. Enjoy your new home! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Graham, Dec 16 3:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Wisdom DNA panel. (Breed guess!)

Graham

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 7:41pm PST 
It will be interesting to see what the results are. Whatever she is, she is absolutely stunning.big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Dec 14 7:13 pm

Behavior & Training > Rough play-should I be concerned?
Graham

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 6:01pm PST 
Thanks everyone for your reassurance. It's strange to see them go from calm, loving friends to WWE and back again in the space of a few minutes. They do seem to be having fun so I guess it's all good. I'm glad to hear that it's normal and I can see what you mean about improving Graham's behavior with other dogs. When he first got here, he was uncomfortable with bigger dogs. We had him out and about yesterday and he was a champ with the Standard Poodle and Irish Setter we ran into. Thanks again all.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lobo, Nov 3 6:30 pm

Graham

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 8:02am PST 
Thanks again Smokey. So far Molly has not rolled over or been knocked down by Graham. She does back off after a few seconds when she has him down though. He does chase and jump on her sometimes. Sometimes she seems annoyed by the way he bites at her legs (I don't blame her, he really goes after them sometimes). When that happens she stops and goes into her kennel.
It seems like it's always Graham that instigates the play sessions, usually by nipping at her ears. It just looks so painful and I swear he treats her like a chew toy sometimes. She doesn't seem to mind to much though. shrug I guess the nipping is part of his nature as a herding breed mix. All of my previous dogs have been retrievers, pointers and similar breeds so I'm not used to this kind of playing.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lobo, Nov 3 6:30 pm

Graham

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 2:07pm PST 
Hi Smokey wave Thanks for the advice. You're right on both counts, Molly is still very active (has more energy than most young pups) and we've had Graham for 3 weeks tomorrow. I don't think either one would hurt the other on purpose, however Molly is twice the size of Graham, so I keep a close eye on them just to be sure. I've just never seen dogs go at it like this and wasn't sure if it was common behavior. Thanks again for putting my mind at ease.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Lobo, Nov 3 6:30 pm

Graham

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 9:42am PST 
Hi all- We recently adopted a new dog (Graham) and he and our older dog (Molly) get along pretty well. My only concern is that they play together quite roughly. Graham, who is an Aussie/Pom mix, will bite or nip at Molly's legs and ears and Molly, who is a Lab/Shiba mix responds by standing up on her back legs and wrapping her front paws around his neck and knocking him to the ground. Molly will stand over him and hold him briefly, but she doesn't put any physical pressure on him and backs off quickly. Graham will occasionally run at the sofa and catapult himself at her. This goes on for 15-20 minutes at a time and it can seem pretty intense. There's never been any growling or agression and no one gets hurt while they are doing this. Both dogs seem to be having fun, ie. wagging tails, happy body language and I can break it up easily by telling them to go to their kennels.
The last time we had two dogs at the same time, one was much older and didn't really engage in play behavior with the other dog so this is new territory for me. Just FYI, Molly is almost 9 yrs. old and Graham is just about 1 yr. old. Is it normal for them to play so roughly with each other or should I discourage it? They get along beautifully most of the time, eat next to each other, walk together, share toys, etc. Maybe I'm just being a "nervous Nellie", but I don't want to end up with problems down the road. What does the Dogster pack think?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Lobo, Nov 3 6:30 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > New dog on the block
Graham

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:54am PST 
Hi Bentley welcome I'm new here too, although my sister has been on Dogster for awhile. It's so much fun and a great place to meet furiends and share stories.
Enjoy! snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Graham, Oct 18 8:54 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.