Postings by Wizard SDIT

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Service & Therapy Dogs > It finally happened.
Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 4:57am PST 
My SDiT was just accosted several times in Petsmart by what I believe was a "special" child. His mother tried (to no avail) to get him to calm down, to not speak so loudly, to stop approaching when a dog backs up, to not stick his face near a dog's mouth and to not get on the floor and wrap his arms around a dog and hug it...

Wizzy was uncomfortable but looked to me every time and got a treat for tolerating it. Now he thinks every child that approaches him wants to hug him, so I'm going to have to work with him on being comfortable around kids again and not having to worry about tolerating them.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Diesel, Oct 20 7:40 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How Do I Make Contact With A Breeder?
Wizard SDIT

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 2:36pm PST 
It's best to go ta dog show ad speak to them in person, meet them and their dogs etc. I REALLY don't recommend getting on many waiting lists. Form a very personal bond with your breeder of choice and WAIT, patiently. You will be rewarded and the breeder will see you are very committed to getting a Borzoi and sharing your life with it. Putting yourself on many waiting lists make you seem flighty and that you want to pick the first one that becomes available
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 3:52 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Washout :( - Turning my SDiT into an ESA

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:10pm PST 
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to him frown
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Charlie Chaplin, Jul 16 9:10 am

Grooming > Cannot find Therapet Tropical Rain Conditioner anywhere!

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 5:42pm PST 
I'm looking for it everywhere online but cannot find it! If you have any I'd like to buy it, if you see it in a catalog I'd like to order from it! It used to be sold on groomers.com but now that's been taken over my Petedge and it's not on their website either! frown

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Roman, Jun 27 5:32 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > My blog.

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 7:16am PST 
I have a facebook page for WIzard. It's easier than going to a separate website to write a blog since I'm addicted to facebook! LOL
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 31 3:37 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > My first Amusement Park!
Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 6:37pm PST 
Correct Chaplin~ Borzoi aren't physically mature until about 3-4 and not mentally mature until 2. He's also a show dog, so I think my timing for this situation and this breed is just perfect!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Polly, Jun 9 12:21 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Those who use public transportation (or loud things)

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 6:32pm PST 
My boys go to movies regularly with me and are fine. But I am always listening to my music quite loudly so they are used to it lol
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 20 2:45 pm

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 6:20pm PST 
Voltaire is 5 and is not retiring.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Polly, Jun 9 12:21 pm

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 4:49pm PST 
A known fear of anything is not good for any service dog. Your dog should be comfortable in most situations and if you know she has a fear or water you need to work on that so that shes comfortable around it. You never know when you'll be in a situation around bodies of water and your SD will shut down when you need them
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Polly, Jun 9 12:21 pm

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 1:54pm PST 
that's about 3 or so inches of murky water that conceals the track that the cars run on LOL!

Thanks Chaplin! It got a little stale in the middle I must admit but since our trip to the nationals he's changed so much and took everything he was exposed to SO well, he's become a MASTER at going under tables, even moreso than Voltaire and he's learning alerts from Voltaire.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Polly, Jun 9 12:21 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.