Postings by Olivia

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Large Breed Medium Energy?
Olivia

out of the brave- comes the- shiverer!

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 2:56pm PST 
I'm looking for a large breed dog that's medium energy-wise and intelligent. Some breed profiling places say that a Rott or a Dobie fit the bill, but when I asked about people's experiences with the breed and how much exercise they needed I got answers about how HIGH energy they are. Any clarification or tips on breeds to look into would be awesome!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Oct 2 3:53 pm

Raw Food Diet > Feeding Small Dogs Correctly
Olivia

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 10:20pm PST 
Thanks for the tip! We just got a Fresh and Easy a couple months ago, so I'll check it out, and thanks for the heads up on that guy that sounds like a great idea!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 26 7:40 am

Olivia

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 12:15am PST 
Thanks, I found some great deals on chicken and everyone gobbled that down! smile Tonight was their first meal of beef and everything seems to be going really well. My next question: where do you buy non-poultry meat? I got three types of beef cuts to see what went over best, though they will eat it all I'm sure! I got ones that were cut into steak-like pieces, ones that were much thicker than steaks and had some silvery streaks in it, and finally a huge slab of a piece that was very tough. For the future, is this what I should get for their boneless meals?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 26 7:40 am

Behavior & Training > Loose Leash Training Harnesses

Olivia

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 8:37pm PST 
Thanks guys! The video was really helpful, I realize what I've been doing wrong now. I was doing a constant motion correction/reward instead of stopping and then correcting/rewarding. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 7:53 am

Olivia

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 11:51pm PST 
Anyone have any recommendations?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 7:53 am

Olivia

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 11:25pm PST 
Hi, I have two chihuahuas that are very bad on leash and while it's not that big of a deal since they're so small, I would like to train them to be good loose leash walkers. I'm looking into the freedom and walk-in-sync harnesses. Could you help me by either recommending one (or another harness) or discuss how they differ?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 7:53 am

Olivia

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 1:48pm PST 
I know on all diets any being can become overweight. However, I have two chihuahuas who just started going full prey model raw and 2 oz a day (they're not the small chihuahuas either, both at 6 pounds looking healthily) doesn't seem enough for them. Am I being too sensitive and that's all they need or should I give them big meals and allow them to eat what they want and save the rest for later? Also, how on earth are you supposed to give them correct portion sizes if I can't just hand them a drumstick? Most of the drumsticks I find are over 2 oz. They're on chicken right now and once they settle in variety will be added. I have a weigher, but I'm still confused when people give whole birds to their dogs (even small ones) and I can't even give a full drumstick.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 26 7:40 am

Small Dogs > Apartment Potty Options

Olivia

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 4:43pm PST 
Thanks guys! I was worried before, but now I feel much better about the situation. Thanks again for offering words of affirment.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by The Wee Beasties, Sep 13 6:48 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Which Side?

Olivia

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 4:32pm PST 
These are all great responses! I think I'll train the left side much like others train their right side. So heel would mean my right side (so my current dogs don't have their worlds completely uprooted!) and left side would me, well, my left side. I'm glad I won't be breaking some unsung rule of training!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bailey (Dr. Bubba) TD CGC , Sep 7 9:12 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > The Talk with your Family?
Olivia

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 2:40pm PST 
How do/did you bring up the subject of choosing to use a service dog with your family? At this point, my immediate family knows about my mental issues, but not that I plan on using a service dog to help me. I don't want to blindside them or give them the wrong impression. Can anyone share their experience and things to do/avoid? Much appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Happy, Sep 1 1:09 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.