Postings by Lucy

GO!

Australian Cattle Dog > Possible dog for a novice owner?

Lucy

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 11:12pm PST 
We sre fostering the lovely Lucy right now, she is a doll, highly inteligent, but becaue of that and the nature of her being a working class dog they must have lots to do or they will get bored and find bad things to do! We run Lucy twice a day she has lots of playtime when out of her kennel, make her sit before she receives a toy, etc....But all that being said she is probably going from a foster dog to a permanent part of our family! She is adorable! The only problem we are having to overcome is Ellie our 8 year old lab mix does not like her whatsoever,,,,,if we can overcome this , well then shes ours!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 29 11:12 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > What am I?
Lucy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 10:32pm PST 
Your dog looks like a austrailian shephard/border collie mix.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 26 10:32 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > jobs to do

Lucy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 10:16pm PST 
I was thnking agility would be great for my Lucy! Plus my 12 yr old can do this with her and she would love it. But I need to get obiedience out of the way first.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 26 10:16 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > New here fostering a ACD with a question

Lucy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 10:05pm PST 
We started fostering Lucy a 9 month old ACD. There are so many amazing things about Lucy we love we think we want to keep her but we need to work out some issues, Biggest one, she hates Ellie our 8 year old lab mix and Ellie hates her back. We have to keep one kenneled while the other is out. Has anyone tried to do this and did you ever succeed. Next she is a jumper whether it be the fence or on the table. But she is a good listener and normally once we tell her know she backs off. She is amazing with children, and to smart for her own good. We walk her twice daily and play lots during the day but it seems almost its never enough she always has this look in her eyes like whats next mom? Oh well any and all suggestions would be great, even if she ends up in a forever home with our help we still want her to be the best little ACD she can be.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 26 10:05 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > Do I have a rare ACD...

Lucy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 9:30pm PST 
He sure looks purebred to me! He may have a little something else in there but to me he looks purbread.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by George, Aug 18 7:20 am

Australian Cattle Dog > Chewing
Lucy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 9:23pm PST 
We are fostering a 9 month old acd and this little gal loves to chew. So if we cannot watch her or we are not home she is in her kennel, which she does not mind. When out I have plenty of toys for her to chew away! I also make sure to take her on two walks a day! But wow even with the chewing they are adorbale.laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 26 9:23 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > Aggressive or Assertive?

Lucy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 9:16pm PST 
I am so glad I found these boards! We are fostering a 9 month old ACD with the intention to find a forver home for her, she was at a kill shelter. Problem is Lucy is a sweetheart and we are falling for her. But she has some behaviors that seem typical to me now reading these boards. She is agressive with our 8 year old lab mix, and she is a jumper, wants to try and jump the fence, also jumps on the table once and counter once. But she is so darn smart! I think whoever had her before never tried to work with her, and it seems to me that she is learning fast! She is amazing with our three kids as well. So Im not sure if we will decide to keep her in the end instead of fostering but I do know we keep working on training her each day and we are glad we saved her from the kill shelter.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 26 9:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.