GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > Puppy does not like new food?
Mya

Barked: Thu May 30, '13 10:26pm PST 
Hazel I am sorry you do not like your new merrick food. What is the protein of the Merrick product that your mom has you on? That might be the problem, it might make you sick so you do not want to eat it. Were you having issues with Nutro before she switched you to Merrick? I eat Nutro Natural Choice Toy Breed and am five years old and have had no problems with it. It is a good brand to feed. There are no by-products, corns, wheat, and glutens and they make all their products in their own facilities here in the United states.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Benjamin, Jun 1 12:14 am

Food & Nutrition > Rotation Diet
Mya

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 8:24pm PST 
Rotating a dogs diet is fine to do as long as they adjust well to it. Are you usind a different brand each time or staying within a certain brand. Slowly introducing the new food with your previous food is the way to go. Gives your dogs stomach a chance to transition so they have no issues with the change. 7 days is recommended.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 24 6:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > No idea what to feed my dog

Mya

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 4:08pm PST 
How is your baby doing on the Nutro Natural Choice Venison now??
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pepper, May 23 1:59 pm

Dog Health > Treader is shivering, seems nervous, hiding in bathroom

Mya

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 6:22pm PST 
Glad you got Treader in to see the vet. In our area there are some vets that make house calls. A little more expensive but effective. I bought a thunder shirt for my 5 year old mini doxie as she was whining all the time on car rides no matter whether they were short or long trips and it worked great. Now she sits on our lap and goes to sleep. Thank goodness as it was very annoying. I hope the shirt works for Treader. As someone else said in this thread he might be picking up on sounds we cannot hear and they bother him. Let us know what happens. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, May 9 4:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Puppy food?

Mya

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 1:14pm PST 
I have used both Nutro Small and Toy Breed Natural Choice and Ultra for my mini doxie who is now 5 years old and 10lbs. Mya has done very well on this product. She gets 1/2 twice a day and eats it all.

If you want to stay with Nutro products, you might try Nutro Ultra Small or Toy Breed Puppy. It5 is a blend of three protein sources, lamb, chicken and salmon, fruits and vegatables with lots of antioxidants, fiber and oils and nutrient dense. They work in conjunction which each other for a balanced dog food diet. You can go to the webiste and find out more info.

http://www.ultraholistic.com/puppy-food.html
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Frankie, May 7 5:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grass?
Mya

Barked: Sat Mar 30, '13 11:22pm PST 
Good post Max, you covered all the bases on the grass issue. I have had both dogs and cats eat grass and it does not hurt them.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 2:12 am

Food & Nutrition > Good grain free no poultry food?

Mya

Barked: Sat Mar 30, '13 10:57pm PST 
There are a lot of good grain free choices in the marketplace today. You might try Nutro Natural Choice Grain Free dog food formulated for dogs with food sensitivities. 0% grain, gluten free and contains a limited number of ingredients with a single protein source such as venison, fish, turkey and lamb to minimize digestive issues. One of my dogs did great on it.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucy Belle, Apr 9 1:38 pm

Small Dogs > Ruff! Food, toys, and all the good stuff.

Mya

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 8:15am PST 
Buttons is just so cute, what fun a new puppy. Ty is right, stay away from by-products, corns, and wheat ingredients. Do not digest well plus some dogs develop allergies to corn and wheat. Since Buttons is a probabaly going to be not more than ten pounds, toy breed would be a good choice as the kibble is very small for their tiny teeth and mouth. I have a mini doxie who is 10 lbs and she is fed Nutro Natural Choice Toy Breed with chicken. She loves it. She gets 1/2 cup twice a day and stays trim and active. With a high end food they are going to poop less, better skin and coat and less vet bills. Let us know how Buttons is doing.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ty, Feb 5 11:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pedigree Dog Food

Mya

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:52am PST 
All good points. I have noticed over the years that a lot of dogs do well on dog food products such as Pedigree and have had no issues and others have had to change food. A dog is like humans, they become sensitive to certain ingredients and cannot tolerate them. Hopefully owners figure this out and change to a food without the fillers. There are so man pet food products on the market now to choose from that it boogles the mind. A lot of consumers cannot afford the higher priced premium foods and have to but grocery brands, but that does not make them bad parents. Many many years ago we fed our dogs the grocery store brands as they were less expensive and dogs also ate table scraps. That was the way it was. Over the years I have fed nothing but Nutro products and all of the dogs we have had have done well on thier products, but not every dog can eat Nutro either. Having a small breed dog is nice as she does not eat much so we do not have to buy dog food as often as we did for our Greyhounds so a lot less expensive.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Jan 23 6:15 am

Dog Health > Mya has a malignant tumor :(
Mya

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:17pm PST 
My mini doxie is also named Mya. Your puppy is beautiful and I wish the best for her and that the results are positive. My prayers are with you and as everyone has said let us know how it goes.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 12:12 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.