Postings by Suka

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > Horner's Syndrome?
Suka

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 11:37am PST 
Just got back from vacation and picked up my Great Dane Suka from boarding. As we were sitting in the living room at home, I noticed something off about her. One eye is droopy and red while the other looks normal and she is drooling more than usual. I just learned about Horners syndrome in vet tech school and maybe thinking it could be it. Any other opinions? I will be taking her to the vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Suka, Mar 22 11:37 am

Behavior & Training > What to give to her to chew on instead of my clothes hangers....
Suka

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 7:01pm PST 
So Suka is a chewer. I'll give her bones and she will destroy them in a day or less. She likes to destroy her beds and blankets and tear them to shreds. She likes to sit and watch me fold laundry and takes clothes hangers and chews on them and breaks them into pieces.
What can i give her to keep her busy so she can chew but not ruin my things.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 23 9:16 am

Behavior & Training > Sudden Fear of the Car

Suka

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 8:23am PST 
So yesterday I was going to take Suka to the dog park and she got in the car just fine but halfway to the dog park she was like trying to jump out of the window with it only a quarter of the way down. but when we were leaving the dog park and she would not get in my car. She was pulling away from me and trying to wiggle out of her collar. She got into someone elses car just fine and we went home. When i was leaving for 4H training last night, she did the same thing but with a different car. She wouldnt get in her crate at training and she usually never has a problem with going in her crate during training. I had to have one of my friends help pick her up and place her in my car. And today we have obedience class and I have no idea how to get her in any of the vehicles we have.

I dont know where this sudden fear came from and I dont know how to fix it. Can anyone help? Please?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 8:07 am

Dog Health > Horribly gas :P

Suka

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 6:57pm PST 
Suka has the worst gas ever! Literally clears the room and she sleeps in my room and lately ive had to kennel her at night because i cant stand it. Anyone know how to make it better or stop it? Ive tried changing to different foods but nothing seems to help. Probably doesnt help that she likes to eat her own poop when i let her out to go potty and I cant get her to stop that either. And I try to pick it up as fast as i can. But she turns right around and starts eating it before i can get to it. Any advice on how to stop that as well???
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rudy TUTU, Apr 14 3:58 am

Behavior & Training > Sudden fear in men

Suka

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:55pm PST 
Well in February she broke her toe and has had to go back multiple times to get it checked and my vet is a male and maybe she has associated men with having her toe touched and being in pain? But I will try the treat from family members and friends that are male. Hopefully it is just a 1 year old phase she is going through.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 30 1:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Sudden fear in men
Suka

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:50am PST 
In the past like 2 weeks I have noticed that Suka is terrified of men. Either at daycare and at the dog park. She sulks away from them and runs from them. Wont let them pet her or get near her. Sometimes she growls and barks at them. Its really embarrassing and she has never done this and i dont know where this fear came from.
Anyone have any tips or advice on how to fix this?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 30 1:20 pm

Dog Health > Broken toe

Suka

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:41am PST 
She can limp around the house but cannot go up and down stairs. The actual toe is broke right above the joint and the nail bed is infected causing her foot to swell.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 16 1:00 am

Great Dane > New puppy.... what food?

Suka

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 2:56pm PST 
I am feeding my puppy Eagle Pack Large and Giant Breed Puppy Food because it has all the right protein and fat levels needed for a Dane puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 21 9:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > How long to feed Great Dane Puppy Puppy food

Suka

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 2:55pm PST 
I know that this topic is a huge discussion between Dane owners.
But the breeder and the vet recommended that we feed her Giant Breed puppy food when we first got her.
But how long should we be feeding her puppy food? Its Eagle Pack Large and Giant Breed Puppy Food. The bag goes up to 1 year on the feeding chart. And I have been mixing some adult food in with her food because is so skinny and ALWAYS hungry.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 1:51 am

Dog Health > Broken toe
Suka

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 2:52pm PST 
It has happened. Suka was running in the snow here in Minnesota and she slipped on the layer of ice underneath it and broke her toe on her right front paw. She is limping and cant put any weight on it and I feel so bad for her because i have to limit her activity and she cannot go to obedience school anymore until it heals. The vet says it will take 4-8 weeks to heal even for a 11 month old puppy.
Did anyone else have a dog break a toe? I dont know what to do with her because i dont want her to hurt it and she is driving me crazy because she is bored. I gave her bones, filled up her kong toy with peanut butter and treats, I gave her toys and she just seems to be bored with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 16 1:00 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.