Postings by Moxie

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > How much calcium do my dogs need?
Moxie

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 2:36pm PST 
I can't use that spreadsheet thing for some reason, and I'm having a hard time understanding everything else..

I read a lot of different things on google about it..

I went and bought 600mg dose of calcium for humans, (without vit. D)
Should my dogs be getting half (300mg) or whole pills? 9and 10 lb dogs..
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Savvy, Nov 1 5:18 am

Food & Nutrition > Pancreatitis please help so my baby doesn't have to eat W/D for life :(
Moxie

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 10:39am PST 
Ehh nevermind, I'm just going to start home cooking for her. And adding some fresh pet in. I've been reading a lot on the whole dog journal and a few other places about home cooked meals for dogs with pancrease problems.

Dog food is stressful stuff :/
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jace, Oct 29 12:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pancreatitis please help so my baby doesn't have to eat W/D for life :(

Moxie

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 6:06am PST 
Just thought of something, freshpet has the same ingredients as a homecooked pancreatitis diet, chicken, turkey, rice, eggs etc. how can it be too high in fat?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jace, Oct 29 12:01 pm

Moxie

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 5:29am PST 
Sorry scruffy I didn't mean that to sound mean towards you at all. I just can't find one "wholesome" ingredient in that food. I'm sure it just passes right through them and that's why nothing gets stuck for the pancreas..

Moisture content in canned foods is suppose to help but idk anything about the fat being more fat?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jace, Oct 29 12:01 pm

Moxie

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 5:29pm PST 
I could but I don't see the point in mixing the WD unless it has some amazing pancrease healing ingredient that I'm missing (corn, corn, or corn?)

Oh and I also think she has allergies to a kind of grain, every time I feed her treats with grain she gets red and itchy... So great.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Jace, Oct 29 12:01 pm

Moxie

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 5:28pm PST 
I'm not sure yet actually. Last week she got into gum and while getting that taken care of and running blood work the vet noticed her pancreas levels were off. She was hospitalized for a day, we took her to my regular vet (who wasn't open when we had the emergency) for follow up bloodwork and he gave me WD and said she may need to be on it for life. We are waiting for the results which ill get Monday but he was a lot more concerned than the previous vet (he said the levels were quite high)
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jace, Oct 29 12:01 pm

Moxie

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 5:09pm PST 
I know I can home cook, and probably will when we move out of my in laws. But for now, can I have some help finding an alternative to W/D I just can't stand to feed this!!

Science diet WD-
Protein 18.7
Fat 8.7
Carbohydrate (NFE) 51.1
Crude Fiber 16.5
Soluble Fiber 1.1
Insoluble Fiber 28.4
Whole Grain Corn, Powdered Cellulose, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Chicken By-Product Meal,

^ this isn't nutrition for dogs!

Has anyone tried fresh pet selects? The ones with lower protein that aren't grain free? ( I guess she needs less protein and less red meat?)

Freshpet roll-
Crude Protein (min) 11.0%
Crude Fat (min) 7.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 2.0%
Moisture (max) 73.0%
Chicken, Turkey, Eggs, Poultry Liver, Chicken Broth, Carrots, Brown Rice, Peas, Rice Bran, Carrageenan, Salt, Natural Flavors.

I've always been big on high protiens lots of meats no grains etc but I was told some dogs can't handle it and the foods I've been feeding cause this in the ones that can't (they were on NV instinct)

Please help frown
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Jace, Oct 29 12:01 pm

Dog Health > From eating a pack of gum ... To pancreatitis... Help?

Moxie

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 5:32pm PST 
She is home and they are thinking maybe it wasn't pancreatitus after all but more blood work is needed in a week.. She recovered very fast. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 5:04 am

Dog Health > From eating a pack of gum ... To pancreatitis... Help?

Moxie

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '12 11:25am PST 
My puppy (8 months old) is now staying in the hospital for a few days with pancreatitis. Lat night she ate 13 prices of stride gum... With xylitol, I gave her peroxide, a little too much peroxide, I panicked...
She threw up all of her stomach contents, we went to bed thinking everything was fine, This morning she threw up about 4 times especially after eating so I took her to the vet,

They ran blood work and instead of finding signs of liver failure an low blood sugar (what happens when dogs eat xylitol) they found high blood sugar and pancreatitis...

The vet thinks it could be from the peroxide, but said not to blame myself because she could have been in liver failure just 30 minutes after eating the gum..

I'm worried, does anyone have experience with this? Will she be okay? Is he damaged for the rest of her life? Will she even live? I know these are questions for my vet but I cry too much when I think about it I couldn't even ask...
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 5:04 am

Dog Health > Urinary incontinence in 7 month old.. Help
Moxie

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 12:16pm PST 
I've kept her on the proin, it's 1/4 of a 50 mg pill.

I've done 1/4 of a 500mg vit. C pill and 1/8 tsp of solid gold's berry balance.

I'm gonna take her off the Vit. C this week. And have her ph checked next week. Then try to take her off proin if she is balanced..

But so far so good pees a lot less in the daytime and no accidents at night. I'm just not sure which method is helping her right now. Guess we will see next week.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moxie, Sep 16 12:16 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.