Postings by Noah

GO!

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Best Dog Training Methods?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '14 5:07pm PST 
Whoops, double post.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Wed 5:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Best Dog Training Methods?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '14 5:03pm PST 
I guess I would be closest to number three since I do a little bit of everything with Noah.

Tricks and agility are taught as positively as I can make it. Some people consider a No Reward Marker as not positive, but I do use it as neutrally as possible.

Obedience commands are taught positively and then proofed with a low-level remote collar. I don't want Noah to ever think he can just ignore a recall command.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Noah, Wed 5:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Former Dogster User MISSING IN LA

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 1:22pm PST 
I saw The Dog Snobs post this on their Facebook. I can't imagine what that family must be going through.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 9:12 am

Dog Health > Occasional limp

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 5:34pm PST 
Just thought I would post a quick update. Took Noah in to the vet today and he suspects a partial tear to the ACL. We're going to try 4 weeks of cold laser therapy and "rest, rest, rest, big bolded underlined REST." Which means Noah's upcoming agility trial is out, along with his agility class, daily runs and pretty much anything that doesn't involve pooping. I am not looking forward to this.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Apr 16 4:22 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I want to cry. my service dog bit me!

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 6:51pm PST 
I can't help but notice that on your profile that you list one of the dogs pet peeves as "blowing in her face," which is extremely similar to kissing her on the head. Simple answer: don't do that again.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Link, Sun 8:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Pitbull-Cockapoo pup.. behavior?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 5:26pm PST 
I'm dying to see what this puppy looks like - can you post a picture?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 2:21 pm

Dog Health > Occasional limp

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 2:43pm PST 
In the past few months, I've noticed Noah will sometimes limp after going on a run with us. It's not all the time and it's not even too frequent but it is always on the same rear leg every time. I give him a buffered aspirin for a day or so and it seems to go away. Am I being foolish for not doing anything more than this? Am I ignoring something that is likely to be a bigger problem down the road?

Part of me really thinks that I'm not doing enough to condition him or warm him up when we go for runs but he never lags or has any problem keeping up. I suppose a vet visit may be in order any way but I just wanted to get some thoughts from the community in case you all had any sort of experience with limping or leg injuries that you thought might be helpful to me. Thanks in advance.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali, Apr 16 4:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > My dog will not eat any brand of food

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 7:16pm PST 
I really feel like there's a happy medium between feeding your dog nothing but table scraps and giving them some of the healthy stuff we eat. Many fresh, whole foods that people eat are great for dogs so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. As with everything else, balance is key.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Mar 31 7:16 pm

Small Dogs > Angel eyes not working?

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 2:17pm PST 
I've never had a dog that needed it but the majority of my grooming clients swear by the stuff. I have spoken to a couple who say it didn't work or stopped working for their dog but almost nothing works for every single dog out there.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Trinity, Mar 28 9:41 am

Behavior & Training > dog bit me HELP!
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 6:17am PST 
I spent a couple years working at a dog daycare and encountered this sort of situation frequently. You're either breaking up a fight between two dogs or separating them from rough play and a third dog will come at you because you're interfering or "joining the fight" or whatever they think you're doing. I'm honestly not 100% sure of the psychology of the situation, but I have seen it happen before. Dogs will also do it to each other. I really don't think you need to put the dog down but it's obviously a situation that needs to be dealt with.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Missy , Mar 27 7:08 am

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.