Postings by Ace

GO!

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > The Wisdom Panel DNA Results...
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 7:46pm PST 
29 pounds isn't THAT small for a female sibe - Breed standard for females is 35-50, and obviously, not even all purebreds meet breed standard for size.

As far as the lying on the back to sleep, some husky people call it "Sunny Sibe Up". Kind of funny how husky people think it's a husky thing laugh out loud

Having considered it for Ace... Meh.... I get tempted, but then I worry I won't get the results I want big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rigby , Nov 5 4:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Do you add anything to your dogs kibble?
Ace

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 4:20pm PST 
I feed mine Taste of the Wild, and sometimes add a little raw egg, sometimes a little bit of coconut oil. Sometimes a little ACV with the coconut oil.

Maybe if I have some leftover chicken, I'll put a little bit in there, but that's not a regular thing.

If I want to keep them occupied for a little while, I might put their kibble in a kong with some peanut butter, but again, not a regular thing.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ace, Oct 31 4:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Moving from a cool climate to a hot wet climate....

Ace

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 11:36am PST 
Not a morning person. Live in Houston area with huskies and a mix... Disaster? Not so much as you might think.

It's generally still in the 80s when I walk them in the morning, but still humid. I do have a good spot for a water break - lucky enough to have a refrigerated water fountain in the neighborhood. Fill a big ziploc baggie and let them all refresh, and walk a bit more.

We're usually out for an hour-90 minutes, and that wears them out sufficiently that the occasional brief zoomies in the backyard meet their exercise needs.

We make a trip to the dog park a couple times a week. Make sure they get water. They roll about in the mud and need baths, but that also helps wear them out.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dexter, Jun 20 4:34 am

Choosing the Right Dog > You shouldn't get a _____ if ______.

Ace

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 6:30pm PST 
You shouldn't get any breed people have commented about here, unless you find yourself going "but... but.... but..." to all the negatives laugh out loud

Love the one about how you shouldn't get a mix unless you're prepared to constantly doubt yourself on what you think the mix is laugh out loud I have that issue with my mix, who I think is husky and Belgian Malinois, but could be Aussie and Akita for all I know smile

Huskies... Yes, they shed. Yes, they draw attention -- especially the reds! Yes, they dig. Yes they're escape artists... but... but... Once you fall in love with one, you will get more.... so you shouldn't get a husky if you want an "only dog"...they're addictive, like potato chips laugh out loud

And I'll add, you shouldn't get a dog from a breeder without at least LOOKING at a rescue, at Petfinder, etc. Just look. If you still want to go through a breeder, okay, but just look ...

You shouldn't get a dog from a breeder unless you've done all your research about what makes for a reputable ethical breeder.

You shouldn't get a dog from a puppy store if... EVER!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Arya, Jul 7 9:29 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > my tips for a clean home even with pets!

Ace

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 1:11pm PST 
Huskies are not smelly by nature, something to do with their glands or lack thereof, but the HAIR! Vacuum every day. Sometimes sweep in between.

Dogs not allowed in master bedroom, hubby's office, or the media room. They hang in the family room, kitchen, backyard. Not allowed on thee furniture, and for stubborn dogs, they learned this rule quick.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Thu 10:55 pm

Senior Dogs > What is wrong with people?
Ace

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 1:03pm PST 
I'm not a violent person, but if some dumbbutt said something about my dog like that, I might need to slap him/her.

My sympathies - thank you for caring for Sabi and doing what it best for her. Ignore the idiots.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Seela, Jun 16 11:08 pm

Dog Health > Eye Flushing

Ace

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 1:25pm PST 
That's good to know, since I assumed anything that was okay to put in my eyes would be okay to put in my dogs' eyes a while back laugh out loud

I saved myself a vet visit. One had a red eye on a weekend, I got my saline out, and he was fine by Monday.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Darcy, May 22 10:22 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescue groups too strict!

Ace

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 5:08pm PST 
My daughter was only 18 when she got her dog from a shelter, no problem with being able to sign a contract for him. Quite likely wouldn't have been approved by a husky rescue though, at that age and living in an apartment. I'm glad she went to the pound, Kale is a love laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 7 10:55 am

Behavior & Training > Body Language Variation..what does it mean??

Ace

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 6:23pm PST 
Ace is another that pulls and lunges to try to meet other dogs when she's on leash, but it's all friendly. I'm pretty confident she was well socialized during the three months she spent with a rescue, between 4-7 months old. Once we've run across the same pup a few times, she's much calmer seeing them down the road or across the street on-leash. It's the people that cross the street and she never gets to sniff the other dog that she continues to act up when she sees them.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by "Selli" , Apr 26 6:29 am

Behavior & Training > how to stop pulling on leash
Ace

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 6:10pm PST 
I bought what I think was called an Easy Walk harness. It has a D ring in the front of the neck. It is surprisingly effective on Ace, and somewhat good for Teeko - he still pulls, just not as persistently. I only have one, and Ace seems to have better manners with a regular harness now. She's not perfect by a long shot (SQUIRREL! BICYCLE! DOG!) but isn't regularly pulling as a habit. Teeko wears it most of the time now, and does fairly well on it.

I don't really aim for perfection though. As long as the three don't yank my arms out of the sockets.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lobo, Apr 27 4:56 am

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.