Postings by Remington's Saturday Night Spe

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Look what Farles found!
Remington's- Saturday- Night Spe

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 9:01pm PST 
AWWWWWW!! Those pics are too, too cute!! Farles is gonna be disappointed when the kittens go. I think you need to keep one for him!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Oct 18 5:57 am

Grooming > Color dyed dogs?

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 6:26pm PST 
Poodles can be colored with food coloring/Easter egg dye, chalk (paler effects) or try Manic Panic from a beauty supply store. Poodles are dyed all the time.
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by , Dec 13 8:37 pm

Small Dogs > Fun Personality type quizzes for you and your dog! (Cross post)

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 8:27pm PST 
Here's Remi's: Your dog is an Spontaneous, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Investigator. The Investigator is a loveable, submissive, funny, even silly character that is happiest when obeying its leader or involved in freeform activity.

This fits him to a 'T'!!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Jul 11 1:44 pm

Puppy Place > Help me pick a carrier (sling)

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:51pm PST 
I just got a sling off EBay but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Remis only 5# though. Look up 'little rubi' carriers. It was very reasonable. Maybe a sling made for babies would work also? You could sew a short leash clip to it.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 4 8:52 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The story of why you choose your Dogs name

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 6:52pm PST 
Suni-- I wanted a name that conveyed her color (gold)

Zippy -- I took my son with me when we went to pick him out of 3 male puppies. Son chose Zippy and I vehemently nixed his first choice of name (Hairy Pooter-- this was during the Harry Potter craze). So we just started wildly throwing names out in the car as we drove home & we both liked Zippy. (Zippy does live up to his name also)

Bogie started out as Zeke but he really wasn't a Zeke. After a couple of days I heard a story mentioning the Bogieman and liked "Bogie" for short.

Bella came named that when I adopted her at a year old. I liked it so it stayed.

Remi -- it just popped into my head while I was playing with his litter and trying to decide to get him or not. It's short for 'Remington'. And as I drove out of the breeder's driveway with Remi his AKC name popped into my mind too: "Remington's Saturday Night Special". That was the QUICKEST I named any pet of mine!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Morrison, May 31 4:58 pm

Small Dogs > purse/messenger style carrier with pockets?

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '12 5:47pm PST 
Amazon carries one made by Sherpa that's very nice. I got Remi the smaller size but I think you'd need the bigger one.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 5 8:54 pm

Puppy Place > What would you do for your Fur Baby

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 7:05pm PST 
One thing I found that helped puppy 'boredom' was giving Remi's kibble in a treat ball or a homemade treat 'bottle'. He would then have to work a little for his food instead of just having it presented to him in a boring dish.

I used a ferret treat ball since he was so tiny at first. Now I have a water bottle with 3-4 small holes cut in it that ALL the dogs roll around on the floor to get the kibble out of. When I was at work I would put the kibble bottle in Remi's X-pen so that's all he had to eat from.

Funny thing now is, even though it's the SAME kibble in the dog bowl in the kitchen, the dogs prefer to find the bottle & push it around to make the kibble fall out!!! I'm always having to refill that danged bottle!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Remington's Saturday Night Spe, Mar 27 7:05 pm

Puppy Place > Just Got A New Puppy =]

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 5:16pm PST 
Video is so cute!! How will you ever wait 4 more weeks??!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gia, Mar 27 8:27 am

Small Dogs > Do you think some dams are lax with disciplining their puppies..?

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '12 11:04am PST 
You have trained Frankie that 'whenever I get picked up I go on the runner'. He doesn't like the runner (no dog does -- it means you're going to leave them for awhile alone) therefore he tries to avoid being picked up.

Start picking him up dozens of times a day. Pick him up, hold him until he relaxes, treat and set him back down. Vary what you do with him when you pick him up -- set him on the couch with you, roll him over on his back and give a tummy rub, give a bigger/better treat, carry him around the house, etc. You will be training him that you picking him up does not always = being put on the runner. Sometimes it can mean good things too!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 16 11:44 am

Behavior & Training > GSD puppy screams and howls at night during crate training

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 2:46pm PST 
I'll put Remi's screaming against your GSD pup any day--LOL!! I got him at 8 weeks. First night -- screamed/cried/whined/barked 5 solid hours. Ear-piercing screams. I stuck it out -- sleepless though.

Bleary-eyed the next day, we both took naps on the couch with no problem. I have other dogs so Remi had plenty of company to play with & wear him out. I thought: the 2nd night HAS to be better right?

Second night -- I listened to the screaming/crying/howling 3 solid hours (I know what you mean about waiting for a breath -- they never seem to take one!) & I gave up. Tossed in the towel. I HAD to get some sleep. Brought Remi to bed with me and he's still there. (5 months now and I've never rolled on him and he's still very much alive!)

I have heard you can put the entire crate in the bed with you if you're alone (be kinda hard to do with another person in the bed!) and as the pup gets used to sleeping in the crate, gradually move it OFF the bed over several weeks. That way there's no chance of pup falling off the bed or having an accident OR getting rolled over on. And he's still IN the crate and YOU'RE comfortable in the bed. Just a thought.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Sadie, Mar 17 9:45 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.