Postings by Mr. Jake the Beagle

GO!

(Page 1 of 66: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Steve's Real Food? - Anyone have experience?
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 7:59pm PST 
Hello all ! party

We've been gone for quite a while. Mom has been busy running two jobs and school and then weekends is obedience classes again red face since I seem to be regressing and then Sweetie has some other courses she has to do to. Go figure right.

Anyway we had some issues with Sweetie and bone content for home made raw food so mom kind of gave up. She put us back on dog food for a while since her schedule was crazy. I'm still stuck eating Nutrica from Dogswell... and Sweetie was eating I and Love and You.

Our neighbor's dog didn't like this food called "Stevie's Real Food" Beef and so she gave it to our mom. It says its a premade pour and serve dog food.

Anyone know anything about it? Or have experience with it?

This it the first food Sweetie is eating without having to doctor it up with salmon sauce and stuff. :C Though that mean now i can't eat her food anymore.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Poppy, Jun 3 12:44 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > My dog bit a small dog
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 5:52pm PST 
so happy you were able to find a solution for your problem.

Things will most likely be okay from now on.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harley, May 8 2:02 am

Dog Health > What monthly preventives do you use...? Heartgard, flea and tick...anything else..?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 9:41pm PST 
During the winter months here I don't use preventative unless I know Jake and now Sweetie are going somewhere. Typically because of the weather the only places jake goes in winter is daycare and it's indoor with no fleas. So he doesn't get any medication. But if i decide we're going ot the dog park for some reason he'll get an application a few days before hand. in the spring and summer though they get Fidoguard. During the "off" months like winter they may get sentry. It's cheap and effective out here.

I bought heart worm medication specifically for this summer becasue of where we live. I saw a mysquito but it was too late to get the injection version that lasts 6 months so both my dogs are currently on Wormshield. When we move away they will get getting a heart worm test and then the injection form of heart worm medication that's good for 6 months.

I tried natural remedies and none of them worked. I ended up with an infestation only lots of bombs, capstap (sp) and eventually trifexus could get rid of. it sucked....
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 8 12:54 pm

Behavior & Training > x post from Travel .... Travel Anxiety

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 2:42pm PST 
i let jake wear the phermone collar all the time except when we went to the dog park (no anxiety there) big grin. So you coudl put it on inside and then leave it on in the car and while you're out i guess. it doesn't do any harm and they tend to smell nice.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ranger , May 6 6:21 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Help with ticks!

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 10:15am PST 
Do you mean fleas or ticks?

either way just go chemical. On the first run. Give him a dip or take him to the vet to get dipped. Or buy those shampoos and wear gloves.

We got infested with fleas once becuase i tried to naturally take care of jake's fleas. Worst thing i ever did.

I gave jake a capstar and went from there.

Capstar is a 24 hour flea kill medication given by mouth. you can buy it at the petstore and it will take everything on him and kill it. Then you can go from there.

I used to give jake Capstarts before we went to the dog park after my car became infested with fleas becuase of his dogginess >.>
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr. Jake the Beagle, May 2 10:15 am

Behavior & Training > x post from Travel .... Travel Anxiety
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 8:48am PST 
hm...

Jake does that mucousy drool thing when he's distressed about me leaving the house.

Have you tried a phermone collar attached with the thundershirt? I used this combination for a whiel when leaving jake at home and at least the drooling stopped in terms of his anxiety.

I also inforce a DAP spray and release apparatus in my home.

Can he be kenneled? He might feel more secure being trasported in a kennel.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Ranger , May 6 6:21 am

Dog Health > Dog ate hair?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 11:26pm PST 
jake's eatten my hair a few times. Usually he'll vomit it up afterwards then it's a strict diet of oatmeal and raw ground beef or chicken for 3 days. Then back to whatever he's usually eating.

If she's got tummy troubles I recommend something simple for her to eat like rice and chicken or pumpkin.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by River Dancer, May 2 5:46 pm

Food & Nutrition > FreshPet.....thoughts?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 9:31pm PST 
I hear you Hank. My old roommate hated it when i fed raw.

They make nefty things like dehydrated raw now. Maybe feeding that will be more in your price range? I feed a basset and a beagle and dehydrated works great for when mom has to come over. She refused to feed raw even if it's ground up. She finds it gross.

So i keep kibble and dehydrated raw at the ready big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr. Jake the Beagle, May 1 9:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog boot camp or other options

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 3:33pm PST 
i'd recommend a behaviorist. It will probably cost you the same amount except the behaviorist will work with you and your dog to get to the root issues.

That's what saved my relationship with my trouble some beagle Jake big grin

also drugs don't usually work. Nothing chemical ever worked on my Jake. it took a secnod dog. 2 (2mile) walks a way, at least 1 trip to doggy daycare a week. and then lots of toys to evne make a dent in Jake's issues.

wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bunny, May 2 2:49 am

Behavior & Training > Is a reactive dog considered aggressive?
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 3:28pm PST 
Find another apartment. You'll end up dealing with some neighbor who gets concerned and then your dog is out.

Trust me...

I have chill neighbors at my complex but directly across the fence the guy called the ASPCA on my dog. Thankfully my landlord doesn't have a cause about barking dogs and he said he really doesn't care as long as my *direct* aka his tenants complain.

But save yourself the potential heartbrake and find another place to live.

I know a leash reactive dog like the one you're describing. My friend always gets the "your dog is vicious" remarks becuase she barks and growls at other dogs on a leash. Off leash she's fantastic. it's just something about leashes man.

Good luck apartment hunting.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Nicky, May 3 10:27 am

(Page 1 of 66: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.