Postings by Mitchell Rapp "Black Ops"

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Dog Health > Liver disease???
Mitchell- Rapp "Black- Ops"

Barked: Mon Jul 22, '13 10:38pm PST 
Look into giving your pup Milk Thistle, it helps the liver heal. Mitchell is taking it as he has IMHA and the meds he is on cause big liver problems. Milk thistle has really helped, his liver counts have come way down. You can look into the benefits of Milk Thistle on line. Have they tested him for cushings?
I hope your pup feels better soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Vance CGC, Jul 30 3:10 pm

Raw Food Diet > Camping and day long trips

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 10:32pm PST 
Hey there, we do a lot of camping and during those times we switch to Honest Kitchen, super easy to keep in zip lock bags, you can even rehydrate it in the zip lock bag, works great. We have a travel trailer so we do keep raw food in the fridge/freezer for when we are in camp. But on our day hikes we bring Honest Kitchen.
Have fun camping.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 11:50 pm

Raw Food Diet > Cornish Game Hens??

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 9:58pm PST 
I just bought a few cornish game hens to feed to Madison and Mitchell but I am alittle worried about the bones, weird as they have been one raw since they were 8 weeks old and have never had a problem with anything.
Do I just give the dogs the whole game hen or cut it up? Anyone out there feed these little hens with success?
I am always trying to find different proteins to feed the pups.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, May 16 9:07 am

Dog Health > Need reassurance... I hope I'm not making a bad decision

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 10:32pm PST 
Ahhh...the intense sniffing and chattering thing, Mitchell can get SO...envolved with all that but that is where having some high value treats can come in handy laugh out loud. But I do have to admit that the first time he met an intact female who just had pup about 3 weeks before the meeting, that sent him right into "I have completely lost my mind, I don't remember anything at all" he was a mess all day, he was humping anything he came in contact with that was soft and squishy such as his dog bed, the cats, Madison (my other Golden) his stuffed animals. Needless to say I was so close to bringing him to work and neutering him but we got over it and he is still intact.

I have never had a problem with him being aggressive, in fact neutered males will come over to him and start being rough, he will show his "hey, I am not a threat, I just to play" he will roll over until the dog backs off and away he goes to play.

Mitchell is intact as I don't neuter my males until they are 2 due to growth plate closure. Also, Mitchell is on a breeding contract with our breeder so we still need to get all his certs which will not happen until he is 2 and then we will decide about breeding.

I have found that my females are the more assertive ones in the pack whether they are spayed or not, they have always ran our pack. Madison is 8 months younger than Mitchell and she is definately more "assertive".

Bottom line, Nix is your dog, it is up to you whether you choose to neuter him or not. I think the fact that you are taking the time to figure out what is best for Nix is nice. I see so many owners who think nothing about spaying/neutering their dogs when they are only 8 weeks old, terrible.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Kip & Oogie, May 7 8:56 pm

Dog Health > Should a dog be sedated for a BNT ointment pack and ear flush?

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 10:24pm PST 
Ummmm! sedation to just flush the ear? And for yeast? Wow, must've been a fairly intense ear flush. I cannot remember a time when we have had to sedate a dog for a simple ear flush but then I don't know how your dog handles Veterinary visits. Why did they not do it when he was out for the neuter, they should've called you of course before doing the procedure but they could've done that while he was in surgery and before they woke him up, that makes more sense than waking him up and then attempting the ear flush, sometimes being groggy does not help the dog relax, and at times can elevate fear making things worse for everyone.
In my very humble opinion I would think about seeking out a new Veterinarian who will work with you better as far as the needs of your dog both medically and training wise.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Apr 21 2:50 pm

Dog Health > K9 Advantix Side Effects

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 9:18pm PST 
@Saya, the solution of lavender and vanilla seems to work all day, we camp in some pretty tick, flea and mosquito busy areas and have never had a problem with any of them since I started to use the solution. But at the same time I do have to put it on every day before we start hiking, since it is only natural oils I don't mind. No toxins ever again for us.
Dr Beckers product seems to stay on for a long time, more than a few days but certainly not weeks or a month, I have never had a problem with either of the products but I have had problems with any thing advantage. I have used Frontline Plus without any problems.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Murphy, Apr 12 1:10 pm

Food & Nutrition > Tips for Slowing a Speed Demon - Speed eating and gulping.

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 9:00pm PST 
A friend of mine has a dog who has the same gulping problem so she bought a food bowl that has a timer on it, it has 6 different bowls with lids that open up when the timer allows it, it has really slowed him down and now he waits for the timer to go off. Not sure where she found the timer bowl but it does work at least for him.
Best wishes.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bullie, Apr 15 11:09 pm

Dog Health > Portosystemic shunt

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 10:29pm PST 
Oh I am so sorry you are having to deal with the waiting game, I think that is just the worst thing, not having answers. I am a Vet Tech so I too think the way you do, I run so many things through my mind and freak out in advance.
I hope that the elevated ALT was just a freak incident. Was the ALKP elevated, BUN low also? Has your pup had any symptoms of a shunt?
Lethargy, anorexia, PU/PD,not thriving? Has your Vet suggested an ultrasound?
Sorry, I did not notice how old your pup is but since he was just going to be neutered I am thinking he is young so they are suspecting that the shunt is congential which is the most common shunt.

I have seen probably 4 shunts in my career all of them were congential, all of them were in extremely small dogs, in fact 3 of them were in tiny poodles, one of them was in a yorkie. They all had the same symptoms, pups that were not thriving as normal pups their age, they were all very small, in fact the smallest pups in the litters, they were not interested much in their food no matter what the owners tried, two of them were PU/PD. The one I remember most was the yorkie, he was sooooo....tiny, very under weight, would have bouts of some neurological issues such as running in circles and also head pressing.
His owner would bring him in every other day just to weigh him.

Thank goodness the owner was such as great dog mom, she was on top of everything, had she not been "over reactive" (as she called herself) the dog probably would not have been diagnosed as quickly as he was.
We did the surgery, the dog did very well and is thriving. He is a maniac, and I will always remember when his owner called and was thrilled that he had actually caught and killed a mouse. Normally, that would have grossed her out but to see her little guy act totally normal thrilled her to no end.

Sorry so long, but I wanted to let you know that there are others out here who also freak out in advance of results, and that dogs with PSS can and do recover. Thank goodness you had blood work done. That is why I always suggest blood work on pets at least every year, heck my pets have blood work done every 6 months. Better to be proactive than reactive.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rambo, Mar 31 5:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > RECALL on Evo, Healthwise, Innova, Californa Natural!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 9:25pm PST 
I am not surprised by the recall just a matter of time since the company sold to P&G a few years back. Too bad though, Natura used to have a great rep.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 9:31 pm

Dog Health > My poor boy

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 9:47pm PST 
I agree about the foods helping. Also, have you checked into acupuncture for seizures? I have seen some great successes, if anything it can help shorten the length of the seizures or help lower the dose of medications. The acpuncture staples are placed in the ears where they will stay. It certainly won't hurt and can help.
There is alot of info on the internet. Also, do read the suggested article by Dr Dodds, she is amazing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maggie (I'm Moms Angel Now), Mar 18 5:08 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.