Postings by Sabi

GO!

(Page 1 of 219: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > calm small breeds suggestions?
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '14 10:20am PST 
Why not another Yorkie? Just curious, I like Yorkies and as small dogs go they are relatively calm.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Wed 12:28 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Scruffy passed away
Sabi

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 10:58am PST 
My heart aches for you, I'm so sorry. hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scruffy, Tue 2:11 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > GSD Breeder

Sabi

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:42pm PST 
Thanks everyone,

Tyler, yes! You understand perfectly. I am glad you got a pup finally, I'm sorry it wasn't quite the right one. Hopefully it will be the one you needed.

Tiller, thank you for explaining. That would make sense, the comments came from Polish military K9, Polish police K9 and German military K9. All elderly people who retired from service and moved to Canada. They were talking about specifics, the width and slope of her jaw, the depth of her chest, the slope of her shoulder. All commented that the bloodlines were 'contaminated'(I laughed about that). At the time I chalked it up to old folks being nostalgic, but the more of the poorly bred dogs I saw, the more I wondered. She was just bigger, heavier and more 'worky' then your average BYB pup. But they all started from somewhere right?.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Sabi

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:54am PST 
What Jewel? No Poodles todaybig laugh I look forward to the day we finally meet, but perhaps we should make a new dog? We could call it a Goodle or a Shepoodle?

Kidding, don't hurt me!

I have options now. I like this. It doesn't make my chest hurt as much as having no options did.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Sabi

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:09am PST 
Dante, wave ! Good to see you again.

I had been referred to them by another Dogster.

Some new developments though, Granville contacted me the other day. She has a clear breeding happening, maybe. In the fall. New bitch that she has had only a short while.
However, I checked out another kennel this weekend and stumbled across a West German WL bitch who leaped off the screen at me. I said I didn't like the West, but this beautiful girl calls to me. By the time I was done checking her out, I was in tears. This is the one I was waiting for. The ancient wisdom is there in her eyes. She is apparently a great 'pet', with a sweet comical nature and an unstoppable protective nature toward her family. In looks she is Sabi all over. Working titles, and a proven producer.
I have a call set up this week. For a pup from this one I will wait as long as I have to.
It is always something in the eyes, I did it with the horses to. I can't really describe it, I don't understand it. I is a blend of wisdom and peacefulness and strength, with something else. It's like they 'speak' to some part of me. People don't have it, neither do cats laugh out loudIt's just something that I see.
Tiller, you can answer this, I have no doubt. I always assumed Sabi was your basic, washed out, ASL breeding. But on at least 3 occasions, people who should know commented that she was 'old European military lines' or 'Eastern European lines'. I don't know what that means. She always reminded me of the typical, 'old fashioned' BYB dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Sabi

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '14 9:58am PST 
Tyler, they are a breed I have long admired. But as Tiller said there is no substitute.
I have also looked at Giants, and Bouvs and BRT's. But at the end of the day, the heart wants what it wants. I look at Sabs picture, keeping watch by the door and I can't imagine having anything else.
I also need to remember that with little miss Shadow, I may very well be stuck with a crate and rotate situation so I can't risk anything 'harder then a GSD.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Sabi

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '14 11:12am PST 
I got a call the other day about some pups in a rescue. Tough, really tough but I said no. I debated for a minute and then remembered why I said a breeder pup.

Tiller, Lindsay was great. She just can't provide what I want. I did double check with Valiantdale wink No DM testing.

However, just in case anyone ever reads this and would like one Royalair is testing and has been for a while.
And in all my poking I have run into dozens of would be pet owners who are having the same issue I am.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New here, devastated and feeling guilt over loss of my dog

Sabi

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '14 1:25am PST 
You did what you felt was right for her, never doubt that she knew you loved herhughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 29 4:52 pm

Sabi

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '14 12:19am PST 
Fritz, I debated other breeds. My criteria rule them out.

Large
Low grooming needs
All weather, remember I live in Canada
Active, hiking, swimming, running, etc
Good with livestock and other pets
family friendly, stranger not friendly
Able to be a working dog if required
Trainability
Good off switch
Intelligent enough to be fun to outsmart
Stubborn enough to be a challenge

And must be a German Shepherd
laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Importing is a last resort.

Guest and Bianca, I am working on some leads. I am seriously handicapped by a total lack of pedigree knowledge.

Guest, Sabi has been gone for nearly 6 months now (has it really been that long????)but thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Behavior & Training > When?????
Sabi

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 11:55am PST 
Hi Hucky, p4p, go onto the facebook page and talk to them. Need you there.

And no, Dogster is still just stringing us along.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Mar 27 4:14 pm

(Page 1 of 219: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.