Postings by Shadow

GO!

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Is this all related? Toto?
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sun Feb 23, '14 1:48pm PST 
Thanks Toto! I usually pay for the extra sedative so they are pretty much out before the anesthesia. I also always insist on an IV so if anything does go wrong we aren't scrambling for a vein. I will also be present for the surgery, not helping just there.

I was guessing that within a couple of weeks, strange odor, vomiting and heat had to be related. I guess at this point I can only assume her reproductive system is screwed as well and needs to come out.

On a side note, Sabi got MORE aggressive after spaying so this could be interesting.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amber, Feb 26 8:13 am

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sun Feb 23, '14 10:56am PST 
Thanks Kali. She has a home for life no matter what. I just had to draw a line on some of the testing, for cost reasons as well as for her sake. No point in stressing her if there is nothing to be fixed right?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Amber, Feb 26 8:13 am

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Feb 22, '14 2:26pm PST 
We don't know what the actual issue is, that would be really expensive.
But tests done so far show excessively rapid resting rate, erratic working rate and poor recovery time. Initial ultrasound showed no visible issue but the chambers don't seem to expand and contract properly? Sorry I really didn't get some of the jargon. But the consensus from all three vets originally was 'see how she grows'
I believe the issue is that the heart itself is weak and possibly underdeveloped.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Amber, Feb 26 8:13 am

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Feb 22, '14 11:26am PST 
So a few weeks ago Shadow developed a really nasty odor, I thought at first she had managed to roll in something but a bath only removed the odor for a few days. It seemed centered on her neck and shoulders and has since faded. Then last week she started vomiting, all bile, and went off her food for a few days. This was immediately followed by visible signs of her being in heat(bleeding, swelling, etc.) Since she has almost clean really short heats, it's really easy to miss.
Anyway, I have made an appointment at the vets. At this point I'm thinking some type of infection? Could all of this be related? Or is she just a weird dog? Her heart is still weak so I had decided against spaying, but if she is having issues with being in heat, maybe I need to rethink this. I could really use some input or advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Amber, Feb 26 8:13 am

Behavior & Training > Questions about body language

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 12:14am PST 
Charlie, I was hoping you would speak up, you've seen it. And it's very hard to describe, it's like all her parts are going in different directions at different times and different speedslaugh out loudHer crazy swooping thing could really disturb a puppy I think.
I'm more worried about her teaching a puppy to behave like her.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 16 9:07 am

Behavior & Training > Questions about body language
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 12:47am PST 
I'm just curious. When Bud is nervous or unsure he goes into what I call 'low and slow' mode, and most dogs I've observed do the same, or parts of the same, thing. They lower head and tail and approach things carefully.
Shadow goes all jerky. Her body language gets all disjointed, ears flick, eyes go into rapid mode scanning back and forth and her legs and head look like they're on puppet strings. Her head goes up but her tail goes down and sweeps and flicks like a cats. It looks really weird and I don't think I've ever seen another dog do this. I'm wondering if this is part of her problem with other dogs, as in are they having difficulty reading her? This isn't excited, bouncing and stuff. It looks strange. The more unsure she is, the worse it gets. I'm just wondering if any of you have seen anything like this before, and is this something a new puppy could potentially learn? Or is that not going to be a problem?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 16 9:07 am

Puppy Place > Puppy with Coyote...?

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Fri Dec 27, '13 11:37pm PST 
Here is what I know, for what it's worth. Dogs and Coyotes do mingle, I live in an area were it happens a lot. Most Coydogs do not ever make nice pets. They tend to be difficult to train, shy and highly territorial.
I own a dog who runs with her tail dragging and trots with her head up, plays with her food, builds dens, tracks mice under the snow and pounces, runs and hides from strange people, attacks when cornered and hates other dogs. She has spent her whole life in my home and still dislikes ME touching her too much. She is the only dog I have ever seen jump backwards and sideways on a daily basis, she's a born hunter and loves to yodel,yip and howl. In dim light you would swear she's a coyote. In fact she's apparently a GSD, named Shadow.
Your dog probably isn't a Coydog, coloring aside the personalities are usually what give them away and as your dog is apparently friendly and outgoing it's highly unlikely.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zeea, Dec 28 8:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Any advice? Conditioning for vet visits?

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 12:41am PST 
Thank you River. We tried treats at the clinic, I even tried cheese and my dogs never get that. She isn't strongly food motivated to start with so it's hit or miss with her. No one touches her on our visits unless she asks for interaction. We just visit.
She will be sedated for her next visit, but I will keep working on this with her.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Dec 14 8:12 pm

Dog Health > Limping Dog

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 10:38pm PST 
Shadow limps on occasion, and we have never been able to find a cause. Check the whole leg from the neck down and the whole foot for any heat, swelling or tenderness. You might want to have your vet look at it, but I suspect it will be hard to diagnose.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kali, Dec 9 5:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Any advice? Conditioning for vet visits?
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 2:35pm PST 
Nare I will try that when it warms up a bit. Thanks I hadn't thought of integrating things into her walks.smile

As for bringing a vet here, I thought of that but I don't want to poison her safe zone for her. She likes visitors and it might work but if it doesn't then I've made her afraid in her own home.

Tucker, I can't recall what the vet suggested but I will bring that up. We are doing a trial run at home to see what effect, how long it takes to take effect and how long it lasts.

Today I am putting an Adaptil collar on her. I'm curious what effect it might have. I've never used one before but they supposedly reduce anxiety.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Dec 14 8:12 pm

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.