Postings by Rocko

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Grooming > HORRIBLE Musty smell?
Rocko

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '14 7:39am PST 
I have a small 1 1/2 year old schnauzer mix. Recently, she has started to have this HORRIBLE musty smell on her belly.

Her belly feels damp, like she would be sweating. If you pick her up the smell gets on your hands and it makes me want to vomit.
Even after a bath, the smell is still there.frown

I went on vacation for 2 weeks and had my parents dog-sit. They bought Purina One Smartblend Chicken & fed her this (I do not feed my dog this; not knocking anyone who does..)

Could it be the food?! Why the sweaty belly?
Please help! I want to be able to snuggle my puppy again puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Onyx & Ruby, Mar 30 6:41 pm

Behavior & Training > Male dog "marking"
Rocko

Barked: Fri Nov 22, '13 11:42am PST 
Bump
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tyson Savage CGC, Nov 22 11:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Male dog "marking"

Rocko

Barked: Tue Nov 19, '13 2:23pm PST 
Just as my title suggests, I am having an issue with my male dog (3 years old) urine marking in my home on random items.

I rescued a female puppy, exactly 1 year ago. She was spayed immediately.

He is intact, and did not start marking until about 6 months ago. It has become a daily activity for him, unfortuantely. He also attempts to hump my female after playing and sniffs her behind constantly

I have finally gotten time off from work and an appointment to have him neutered.

I am wondering what are the odds that this "marking" behaviour stops?shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tyson Savage CGC, Nov 22 11:19 pm

Grooming > Clipper/Blade for really thick & fine dog fur?!

Rocko

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 7:35am PST 
My dog has very, very fine light fur that is incredibly thick. He is a mixed breed that looks like a papillion.

To give you an idea of his fur, it is really light (gets airborne quite easily , sticks to everything and shrug and out of his little 8 pounds, his fur is probably 4. LOL! It is that thick.

My Andis pet clippers from PetSmart just aren't cutting it-literally.
They barely make their way thru his thick mane and get overheated and sound like they are about to die out.

Any suggestions for a specific clipper? Or maybe I am just using the wrong blade?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zeea, Oct 9 6:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog beginning to show aggression?

Rocko

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 6:46pm PST 
I have an unaltered 3 year old rat terrier mix and recently he has begun to show aggressive behaviors.
Normally he is playful and sweet; he only acts "aggressive" when he is corrected.
Ex. I tell him to go to his bed, he lets out a low growl..and doesn't move. I say it again, in a firmer tone and he goes, but then he bares his teeth, and snaps at me.
It is almost guaranteed that he will bare his teeth at me when I correct him-something he NEVER did before.
That is before, I adopted a fixed female puppy last November.

It's almost as if he's lashing out in jealousy! Is that possible?
Is he jealous of the new female dog? It is sexual frustration (he tries to mount her daily while they play)?
What happened to my sweet puppy?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 7 1:26 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Shelter rescue! Breed guesses
Rocko

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 7:11pm PST 
I rescued this adorable little girl from a kill-shelter, and need some help guessing her breed(s). Shelter was told by the person that dropped her off, maltese-yorkie mix. She just doesn't look like a morkie, so they were likely misinformed.

She is still a puppy, currently unsure of her age..but about 3-5 pounds, has a wiry coat, short muzzle, and ears that stand up.

here is a link to photos:
http://myphotos157.shutterfly.com/pictures

Thanks!

[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali, Dec 16 6:27 am

Small Dogs > New rescue puppy- breed guesses?

Rocko

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 7:05pm PST 
Recently rescued a this lil' cutie from a from a kill-shelter; the shelter volunteer said they were told she is a maltese-yorkie mix..but she doesn't look like any morkie I've ever seen! thinking

She has a wiry, short coat, short muzzle, with pointy standing ears(not floppy).

So, c'mon, gimme your best guesses! puppy

Shutterfly photo link:
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 12:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog showing new aggressive behavior?

Rocko

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 8:27pm PST 
@Selli-- My vet estimated her to be about only 1 month old.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rocko, Nov 24 8:27 pm

Rocko

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 8:15pm PST 
@Odie....the new pup has been in my household for about 3 weeks now.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rocko, Nov 24 8:27 pm

Rocko

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 6:00pm PST 
I recently went to pat my dog on the bottom and give him a firm NO! for scratching his nails on my leather couch when he thought I had left the room. This time, he bared all his teeth, growled, and snapped at me!!

I have had him for 2 years, he is intact, with a neutering set in a couple weeks. He has absolutely NEVER displaying anything like this, and was the MOST submissive pet.

Now, I have rescued a 1 month old female maltese-schnauzer, and this behavior has started since she has been in the household....

Where is this coming from with my normally sweet, sweet pup?
shock
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rocko, Nov 24 8:27 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.